what if EAD expires before GC

septcase

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
My EAD expires in December beginning, and my 485 ( Sept 24 RD) is not yet approved. I have filed for EAD renewal a week back, but I am not sure how long the EAD renewal takes.
What happens if by Dec first week, neither the 485 approval nor the EAD renewal comes through. Do I need to stop working, or are there other alternatives for getting some kind of interim EAD etc. I am trying to get info from my attorney as well, but would like to know what is your information. ?

thanks

Septcase

Have you used your EAD for work or AP for travel? If not, if you have a valid H1, then you can continue on that. Normally, EAD approvals happen within 1-2 months. Your EAD should be approved by Dec beginning. Moreover, your 485 approval will also come soon.

Worst scenario: if 90 days has passed, you can get an EAD from the local INS office in person.

We applied for EAD recently few weeks back , I got it in 9 days so donot worry u will get it in within a week , provided , if you submitted all the required documents

good luck

To sivak_c

Can you list the documents required for EAD renewal?
I was waiting to see if my case gets approved..RD09/07...instead got an RFE. My EAD expires in Dec...so planning to send a renewal..

Please let us know the details.........

Also, to which center did you apply?