what happens to my b1/b2 visa if f1 is rejected?

barru007

hi!i i was granted a b/b2 10yrs multiple entry visa in january'09 to attend clinical rotations on b1 status in US wen i was a medical student.
now im a graduate and would like to do a masters in hospital administration in US. i would like to know wht would happen to my b1/b2 multiple entry visa just in case my application for f1 visa is rejected.
will da b1/b2 visa which is already granted be voided too?

Hi sir,

My name is Vivek(25yrs,single) and i am living in Asia. I am having a valid USA B2 multiple visitor visa and have been to the USA in November 2008 for two months. Like millions of people who visit USA, I too was enthralled by the level of advancement done by them. So I decided to come to back to my native country and apply for student visa. However, one thing which is constantly bothering my piece of mind is that if in case the consulate denies my student visa application, can a Visa officer also cancel my b2 visa( i mean if he judges my inention r to settle there,even if my student documents are valid). As u know sir that chances of a getting a visa for USA for a single guy from a third world country are tough, I just want to be sure that is there a possibility or not that they will touch my previous visa.

As you are a learned man and have been around the whole world, ur advice on this matter is truly appreciated. I know u cannot be sure but just give ur honest opinion on this matter.

Thanks
Vivek