What happens to AP once I-485 is approved?

CMC_GC2006

Registered Users (C)
This question may bave been addressed before, and I apologize if this is the case.

What happens to the AP once the GC is approved? We have an international trip scheduled for Oct. 05, for which my wife has an AP (my GC had already been approved). However, yesterday we received an email from USCIS that my wife's I-485 had also been approved.

What happens then? What if we do not get the GC before our trip? Can she still use the AP to re-enter US?

Thanks.

CMC_GC2006 said:
This question may bave been addressed before, and I apologize if this is the case.

What happens to the AP once the GC is approved?
AP is not valid after GC is approved but if your I-485 gets approved and you are out of US when I-485 gets approved you will be admited to US with valid AP
We have an international trip scheduled for Oct. 05, for which my wife has an AP (my GC had already been approved). However, yesterday we received an email from USCIS that my wife's I-485 had also been approved.

What happens then? What if we do not get the GC before our trip? Can she still use the AP to re-enter US?
---------------- as she knows that her I-485 is approved wait for I-485 approval notice take infopass with local USCIS and get the passport stamp
Thanks.

Hi Ginnu,

thanks for your advise.

However, what if there is not enough time to go for an Infopass appointment before the travel date? It is pretty close.

Would it be possible to have somebody else mail the green card to us abroad?

Thanks.

Transit Visa and AP for travel thru London.

I am planning to travel to India via london using my AP.
Does anybody know whether we need to have UK transit Visa??
Please let me know if anybody has gone thru that.

thanks.

CMC_GC2006 said:
Hi Ginnu,

thanks for your advise.

However, what if there is not enough time to go for an Infopass appointment before the travel date? It is pretty close.

Would it be possible to have somebody else mail the green card to us abroad?
---YES( what if GC is lost in the mail?) I will change my travel date and go out after I get GC or passport stamp
Thanks.

MDLaborWatch said:
I am planning to travel to India via london using my AP.
Does anybody know whether we need to have UK transit Visa??
Please let me know if anybody has gone thru that.

thanks.

Yes you need a transit visa if you do not have a valid visa in your passport stamping. Remember you should have a valid visa stamping in your passport. It won't help if you have just the extension paper alone and a old visa stamp in your passport. My wife was not allowed to travel with just an AP.

gcquest32.....are you sure you need a visa stamp and also AP???

i thot once you get AP you can forget about the visa stamp in passport (so may people are not on H1 status, how can they get a visa stamp??)

techy2468 said:
gcquest32.....are you sure you need a visa stamp and also AP???
---------------with AP one need TRANSIT Visa(depends on airline and your citizenship)
i thot once you get AP you can forget about the visa stamp in passport (so may people are not on H1 status, how can they get a visa stamp??)