What happens after the interview?

easybay

Registered Users (C)
Will the officer tell me immediately that I am accepted?

Will I receive any thing at the time or will I have to wait to receive the decision in the mail?

When will I receive my certificate of naturalization? Is it something I will have to apply for? What will the date be on the certificate of naturalization?

Thanks in advance!

You'll receive interview results letter that will indicate either you've been recommended fro approval or decision can't be made.
If you've been recommended for approval and your DO has same day oath, you may be scheduled for oath the same day. If not, you'll receive oath letter in mail.
If you receive decision cannot me made, then you'll have to wait to receive decision by mail.
You'll receive naturalization certificate once you perform your oath; no need to apply for it separately. The date on certificate will be your oath date.

You'll receive naturalization certificate once you perform your oath; no need to apply for it separately
In San Jose, our oaths are scheduled at the Campbell Heritage Theatre - an all day event - and the next one is in late January. And I would assume there are a lot of people attending.

So how does it work at the oath then? You take your letters with you, swear your oath and they give you the naturalization certificate?

So how does it work at the oath then? You take your letters with you, swear your oath and they give you the naturalization certificate?

You are schedule to oath. You take you oath letter, ID, and GC to oath and perform ceremony. After oath ceremony you are given your certificate.