What happen if political situation changes?

Daniela Coronad

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I am worried because exists the possibility political situation in my country changes very soon. I don't have GC yet, I am asylee and also I got married recently. My husband is not american, and he is applying for his GC this year. My question is, if the situation in my country changes, I need to come back to my country??? or I can do something else??? because also I have a job, and I don't want to lose everything... :confused:

I dont think you should be worried about it. There are many asylees from countries where conditions changed, such as Bosnia and they still got their green cards.

Daniela Coronad said:
Hello everyone,

I am worried because exists the possibility political situation in my country changes very soon. I don't have GC yet, I am asylee and also I got married recently. My husband is not american, and he is applying for his GC this year. My question is, if the situation in my country changes, I need to come back to my country??? or I can do something else??? because also I have a job, and I don't want to lose everything... :confused:

Daniela:
I know people whose situation changed, but they were OK. Only exception would be people in temporary protected status, which, unless congress renews it, expires after some time. But dont give CIS any chance to withdraw the asylum by going to your home country.

How is your husband getting his GC? If its employment-based, you may want to apply with him as well as a dependent. Based on your timeline, that might be faster. If he is using an attorney, talk to him/her about this.

Floyd

They can revoke asylum if conditions change but they have not done this in a while. So I would not worry too much. Good luck in having the GC approved soon.

floyd said:
Daniela:
I know people whose situation changed, but they were OK. Only exception would be people in temporary protected status, which, unless congress renews it, expires after some time. But dont give CIS any chance to withdraw the asylum by going to your home country.

How is your husband getting his GC? If its employment-based, you may want to apply with him as well as a dependent. Based on your timeline, that might be faster. If he is using an attorney, talk to him/her about this.

Floyd

Thank you for answer me. My husband is applying based in his employment status (H1-B) but I cannot be his dependent because I have my own status (asylee). Each application is different, and also his GC will take maybe 4 o 5 years, if my situation doesn't change, I think I can get the GC quicker than him.... but we'll see...

and what happens coming back from politicaly changed COP with CG AS06 using RP? and later, on the citizenship interview?

life after the GC, indeed :confused: