What does this mean? We mailed you decision.

mogambo1

Registered Users (C)
Case Approved + Card Production Ordered + Notice mailed welcoming new Permanent Resid

My case details are as follows:

All forms and Applications: Self prepared & self petitioned
I am primary and my wife is derivative on all my GC applications.
I just checked my and my wife's 485s and my message says: WE MAILED YOU DECISION while my wifes says: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.

As you can see my signature I applied for 2 I-140s, for a reason:
1. I-140:NIW EB-2 [PD:7/2005 (485 concurrently filed)] I-140:APPROVED, 485 pending till now.
2. I-140:EB-1A [PD 5/2006 (485 filed in Feb 2007)] I-140:APPROVED, 485 pending till now.
Filed 2nd I-140 since I belong to India where EB-2 Visas got retrogressed to April 2002, so no hope for GC coming anytime soon.

After my EB-1A I-140 got approved, I tried interlinking it to my 485s filed with EB-2, worked out for 5 months, kept on bombarding letters to USCIS, no avail. TSC IO suggested to file 2nd 485 based on my newly approved EB-1A 140. So did that, wasted another USD 1000. So I had 2-140s and 4-485s (2 for me & 2 for my wife based on each category)

11/2/2007:
Primary EB-1A 485: Case Received and Pending.
Derivative EB-1A 485: Card Production Ordered.
Primary EB-2 485: We mailed you decision
Derivative EB-2 485: We mailed you decision

Seems derivative got approved before primary. Seems they are still working on my case while they approved derivative.

11/5/2007: Primary EB-1A 485: Case Received and Pending.
Derivative EB-1A 485: Card Production Ordered.
Primary EB-2 485: We mailed you decision.
Derivative EB-2 485: We mailed you decision.

Received DHS snail mail for primary and derivative: EB-2 based I-485s denied because EB-1 485s were approved on 11/1/2007. Letter was plain paper with DHS seal on top. Neither primary or derivative got actual I-797 approval notice.

11/6/2007: Primary EB-1A 485: Case Received and Pending.
Derivative EB-1A 485: Case Approved notice mailed.

11/8/2007: Primary EB-1A 485: Case Received and Pending.
Derivative EB-1A 485: Case Approved notice mailed. RECEIVED ACTUAL PLASTIC CARD.

11/9/2007: Primary EB-1A 485: Case Received and Pending. Called TSC agent and she filed an SR gave me a conf #.

11/13/2007: Primary EB-1A 485: Case Received and Pending. Faxed TSC on its RFE fax line and General TSC Fax line describing the situation that derivative got the card while primary is till wiating.

11/14/2007: Primary EB-1A 485: Message change twice: "Card Production Ordered" and now "Notice mailed welcoming permanent resident"

Seems some one commited a mistake that they approved and ordered card for derivative and forgot to do that for Primary. Looks like their RFE and General Fax line are operational as I got changes in my case status within 24 hrs of my faxing them

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really confusing. They probably interlinked your EB11 and NIW-485. other than that why would they make a decision on the NIW-485 cases as it's still retrogressed. however, decision could be an approval for you as well. Nonetheless, it's encouraging.

Why don't you call TSC and ask about your status?

Good luck.

Usually decision means denial. I really hope in your case it is the following: your EB1 485 has been approved but not updated yet, same for your wife 485 based on your EB1(hence Card Production ordered). Earlier 485 has been denied because of your permanent resident status. Congratulations!

The message "We mailed you the decision" usually means denial. Assuming that's the case this time, then your NIW EB-2 got denied for you and the wife, whereas as for EB-1A she apparently gets it approved while yours is still pending. Technically, derivatives should not be approved without the primary's, but in actuality it happens. But I'd assume that when the derivative gets approved first, CIS sees good enough approvability of the primary's. So hopefully you will hear good news re your EB-1A based I-485 application soon....

I would make doubly sure, however, if everything is fine with the pending application by taking an infopass appointment.

I just checked my and my wife's 485s and my message says: WE MAILED YOU DECISION while my wifes says: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.

1. I-140:NIW EB-2 [PD:7/2005 (485 concurrently filed)] I-140:APPROVED, 485 pending till now.
2. I-140:EB-1A [PD 5/2006 (485 file din feb 2007)] I-140:APPROVED, 485 pending till now.
Filed 2nd I-140 since I belong to India where EB-2 Visas got retrogressed to April 2002.

After my EB-1A based I-140 got approved, I tried interfiling, waited for 5 months and kept on bombarding letters to USCIS. No avail.

TSC IO suggested to file 2nd 485 based on my newly approved EB-1A 140. So did that, wasted another USD 2000.

So I had 2-140s and 4-485 (2 for me and 2 for my wife based on each category)

Today I see my wife's 485 case that was based on EB-1A I-140 with message: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.
Her EB-2 based 485 has message: WE MAILED YOU THE DECISION.

My EB-2 based 485 case has message: WE MAILED YOU DECISION.
While EB-1A based 485 has message: CASE RECVD AND PENDING.

I am confused. Seems derivative got approved before primary. Is it possible?

I would guess that card production ordered means that the green
card is on the way for your wife. The "we mailed you a decision"
doesn't look good. Normally it would say "We approved this case"
or something like this. Maybe you should take infopass or something.

2. I-140:EB-1A [PD 5/2006 (485 file din feb 2007)] I-140:APPROVED, 485 pending till now.
Filed 2nd I-140 since I belong to India where EB-2 Visas got retrogressed to April 2002.

After my EB-1A based I-140 got approved, I tried interfiling, waited for 5 months and kept on bombarding letters to USCIS. No avail.

TSC IO suggested to file 2nd 485 based on my newly approved EB-1A 140. So did that, wasted another USD 2000.

So I had 2-140s and 4-485 (2 for me and 2 for my wife based on each category)

Today I see my wife's 485 case that was based on EB-1A I-140 with message: CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.
Her EB-2 based 485 has message: WE MAILED YOU THE DECISION.

My EB-2 based 485 case has message: WE MAILED YOU DECISION.
While EB-1A based 485 has message: CASE RECVD AND PENDING.

I am confused. Seems derivative got approved before primary. Is it possible?

Thanks guys and gals for your replies. If it is denial for EB-2 cases I am happy since they had to do deny them anyhow one day.

But in my EB-1A case the message is "received case and pending" that means somebody approved my wife's case and still working on my case. As told by someone in his reply that they had enough evidence to approve primary's case and thats why they approved my wife's, that sounds good. It means maybe I will also see some message changes or an approval in coming days or maybe today. They do work on Staurdays. Thanks again.

No, they do not work on Saturdays, at least not that often :) It is more likely that the decision was made earlier but the database was updated today. I agree with most that the decision was a denial of your EB2, but they are close to approving your EB1. Wish you the best!

Seems my case has been approved. Check update in my first post in this thread.

Does anybody know how much time they are taking now a days between approval and actual card received? Thanks.

Just as we thought!!! :)

Congrats! It always feels good to be right about good things :)

First off, there is no particular order (or even combination) of approval-related emails. Some get a "card ordered" email first, some even never get it, others get an "approval notice sent" email first or never get it, even others get a "welcoming new PR" email first or never get it. So don't worry about it too much.

Usually, it takes about a week or two before you get a physical card after you get the first notice. And from what you said, it may just be that the online message has not been updated for you yet. CIS does say in a formal letter that your EB1-A has been approved at the same time as the wife's, so that's a more reliable piece of info. So, it's possible you receive some material soon even without the online message unchanged.

Does anybody know how much time they are taking now a days between approval and actual card received? Thanks.

I think you are in good shape. Its been only 10 months since u started the process, so maybe wait for few more days (I think) since they have lot of visas for fiscal year 2008. Unless u r stuck in NC your case might be waiting for someone to process since you might no be in their processign dates now. Anyway all the best.

Congrats Mogambo1...:D
that gives me some hope

Thanks I too believed the same reason, but after DHS letter I can rest assured, unless that too was a mistake. :p
Congrats! It always feels good to be right about good things :)

First off, there is no particular order (or even combination) of approval-related emails. Some get a "card ordered" email first, some even never get it, others get an "approval notice sent" email first or never get it, even others get a "welcoming new PR" email first or never get it. So don't worry about it too much.

Usually, it takes about a week or two before you get a physical card after you get the first notice. And from what you said, it may just be that the online message has not been updated for you yet. CIS does say in a formal letter that your EB1-A has been approved at the same time as the wife's, so that's a more reliable piece of info. So, it's possible you receive some material soon even without the online message unchanged.

Hi mogambo1,

Congratulations for the approval! You deserve it! Wish you all the best in the future!

Actually I have exactly same experience as yours (1 I-140 NIW, 1 I-140 EB-1A, and 4 I-485). Our I-485s based upon my EB-1A have been approved on July 3rd in TSC.

So it is good to see a old friend like you finally got approved!! You will receive your cards about one week after approval!

congratulations ,man !!

mogambo kush hua ?

hope I hear some good news soon.

Thanks I am anxious to get the cards. ALthough I received the DHS letter saying case was approved on 1st NOv my online status is still the same CASE RECVD AND PENDING.

WHile my wife's staus changed twice: first CARD PRDOUCTION ORDERED and now CASE APPROVED.

Hope all this is true.
:eek:

Hi mogambo1,

Congratulations for the approval! You deserve it! Wish you all the best in the future!

Actually I have exactly same experience as yours (1 I-140 NIW, 1 I-140 EB-1A, and 4 I-485). Our I-485s based upon my EB-1A have been approved on July 3rd in TSC.

So it is good to see a old friend like you finally got approved!! You will receive your cards about one week after approval!

Now gift $100 to each of us.:D:D

Thanks I am anxious to get the cards. ALthough I received the DHS letter saying case was approved on 1st NOv my online status is still the same CASE RECVD AND PENDING.

WHile my wife's staus changed twice: first CARD PRDOUCTION ORDERED and now CASE APPROVED.

Hope all this is true.
:eek: