What Does Second Fingerprint Notice Mean?

jlee

Registered Users (C)
I managed to talk to an IO yesterday. He told me that they had sent me a second fingerprint notice on October 6. FYI, I filed an N-400 in May 2007 and had my fingerprints done in June 2007. Since then, I have heard nothing from USCIS. I made several attempts to find out about the status of my case and was invariably told that my background check was still pending. This is the first time that I have found out something else about my case. Does this really mean that my name check has been completed? Does USCIS automatically send out second fingerprint notices after the first fingerprints have expired? Could someone shed some light? Thank you.

They usually only send out notices for 2nd FP once there has been some recent activity on your case (like clearing name check). With USCIS on target for clearing all name checks pending more than 1 year by Nov 30, I would say it's a good chance yours has cleared and that you will be placed in queue for an interview after 2nd FP is completed.

That's great! Thank you for sharing your thoughts, which I always find to be of great help and insightful.

I got the second fingerprint notice in the mail. It is scheduled for October 21. I wanted to change the date for personal reasons but I am concerned that this may complicate things needlessly. The IO who told me on the phone that my fingerprint notice was on the way said that I could make an InfoPass appointment to have my fingerprints taken at the local DO instead of the CIS Application Support Center mentioned in the notice. Should I go ahead to do that at the DO before the scheduled date at the Application Support Center? Would it complicate things?

This forum has been of tremendous help to me. I will share my experiences on this forum when this long wait is over, so prospective petitioners can use them as reference. Right now I am still taking things one step at a time.

The sooner they take your fingerprints the better. If the IO told you so, and based on their experiences on the inside, I would go ahead and do it.

2nd FP

jlee,

Congrats on your 2nd FP notice. It's definitely a very good and encouraging news without a doubt. I had received my 2nd FP notice last Sep after they were expired in 15 months. In 10 days time, I had received my IL in the mail. One of my friends received his 2nd FP notice at the end of June and got his interview letter in the first week of July. I am sure you will be hearing some good news soon, but like rick92 said, the sooner you take care of your biometrics the sooner you will get your interview letter.
Good luck.

Hey Shopgirl,

Let me know when your's comes in. I'm waiting for mine too. It's been a while.

My PD is 12/4/06
NC initiated 12/13/06
1st FP done 1/24/07
2nd FP done 10/4/08
IL ??

Keep fingers crossed.

AP

IL received

I had my 2nd FP done last week and I am looking forward to receiving IL soon :)

Finally - what a bloody long wait! Exactly two weeks after my Second FP, I received my interview letter today (I'm yet to see the letter but just got an email from my attorney informing me of the same).

Here's my long timeline:

PD: 12/4/06
NC initiated: 12/13/06
Ist FP: 1/24/07
2nd FP: 10/4/08
IL received: 10/17/08
Interview scheduled: 11/18/08

Rest of the updates later as they happen! Phew ...

AP

They usually only send out notices for 2nd FP once there has been some recent activity on your case (like clearing name check). With USCIS on target for clearing all name checks pending more than 1 year by Nov 30, I would say it's a good chance yours has cleared and that you will be placed in queue for an interview after 2nd FP is completed.
BobSmyth, where did you get information that USCIS has to clear backlog by Nov 30? If you have the source, I would appreciate you forwarding us the link or info.

We are so depressed today. We had contacted the Senator's office 2 months ago and the had informed us that our background check was cleared and got a walk-in appointment for us for fingerprinting. After that they pretty much said we are on our own. So we contacted the Congressman's office this week and they sent out a request to USCIS to expedite our case for oath. In the meanwhile, we had been calling USCIS to get status. It is a different story each time which makes us so nervous. Today, the senator's office called and told us that USCIS sent the Congressman's office a nasty email because we were contacting them too much and it was irritating USCIS. Has anyone had similar experience? Any advice?

congrats!

Finally - what a bloody long wait! Exactly two weeks after my Second FP, I received my interview letter today (I'm yet to see the letter but just got an email from my attorney informing me of the same).

Here's my long timeline:

PD: 12/4/06
NC initiated: 12/13/06
Ist FP: 1/24/07
2nd FP: 10/4/08
IL received: 10/17/08
Interview scheduled: 11/18/08

Rest of the updates later as they happen! Phew ...

AP

Wow! I thought interview will be scheduled 2 mos after you receive the IL. l can't wait to receive mine :p

Me too got the IL shortly after completing the 2nd FP.

Hey Albertr,

Which DO is your's? Mine is with the St Paul DO (NSC).

Just trying to see if someone closeby is in the same boat.

I just received my IL on Fri (it has been such a bloody long wait).

11/18 is the Interview Date.

AP

I know the standard wait is 2-3 weeks after 2nd FP, but mine has been about 5 weeks. I was told my background check has been cleared by the senator's office....so why the delay? All I have left is Oath? I had my interview last year. It has been more than 18 months!

Anyone else who are waiting on IL or OL are more than 6 weeks since 2nd FP?

I managed to talk to an IO yesterday. He told me that they had sent me a second fingerprint notice on October 6. FYI, I filed an N-400 in May 2007 and had my fingerprints done in June 2007. Since then, I have heard nothing from USCIS. I made several attempts to find out about the status of my case and was invariably told that my background check was still pending. This is the first time that I have found out something else about my case. Does this really mean that my name check has been completed? Does USCIS automatically send out second fingerprint notices after the first fingerprints have expired? Could someone shed some light? Thank you.

sometimes the fingerprints are not printed scanned well enough so they reject them from their when they are in check so they ask you to do new ones..the other fact is fingerprints do expire that could be another reason,