What does 'ARC' mean on an entry stamp?

mitroloz03

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am a holder of GC. However on my last entry to the US the officer marked 'ARC' on the entry stamp on my passport. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you

mitroloz03 said:
Hello,

I am a holder of GC. However on my last entry to the US the officer marked 'ARC' on the entry stamp on my passport. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you

Alien Registration Card.

It is bad English because "Stay Until Alien Registration Card"
does not make sense.

This time I just got stamp at POE. No ARC.
Last few times I got stamps with ARC. Do you think any problem?

tangonta said:
Do you think any problem?

No. It just depends on how much the inspecting officer feels like writing. It's not a requirement because your status is obvious (unlike a visa-holder).

They don;t even have to stamp you, especially when you enter from
Canada. I have to ask them to do it so that I can have a record
on my passport or a sourvenir too

Completely pointless question, but since we are talking about the stamp when we enter with a green card... is the stamp that we get on the passport the same as us citizens get?

The one I got at LAX a few weeks ago said ADMITTED, then CLASS UNTIL and that's where they wrote ARC. Do US Citizens get the same thing?

AmericanWannabe said:
Can a citizen get one if he want one?

Why not?

If the person is a born US citizen, he wouldn't even care about the stamping..

Only we (immigrants) care about this....

Apollo_13 said:
Why not?

If the person is a born US citizen, he wouldn't even care about the stamping..

Only we (immigrants) care about this....

Sooner or later the border control will do teh same thing to citizens.
In fact, the they should start now instead of taking one London subway
style incidece to start.

AmericanWannabe said:
Sooner or later the border control will do teh same thing to citizens.
In fact, the they should start now instead of taking one London subway
style incidece to start.

Thats true....because lot of immigrants are becoming citizens, at least to track these new citizens, border patrol would bring such new rules....

Apollo_13 said:
Thats true....because lot of immigrants are becoming citizens, at least to track these new citizens, border patrol would bring such new rules....

Maybe one day naturalized citizens and natural born citizens will
be treated differently. You may say that is impossible because
it is discrmination. But even now discrmination is already there
because a natualized ciztizen can never run for oval office.

AmericanWannabe said:
Maybe one day naturalized citizens and natural born citizens will
be treated differently. You may say that is impossible because
it is discrmination. But even now discrmination is already there
because a natualized ciztizen can never run for oval office.

Probably this will change soon if Arnold Schwarzenegger continues in politics for a long time as he is interested in running for oval office and he is trying hard....

JoeF said:
That has historical reasons (the founders didn't want a spy from the UK to come over and become president) and shows nicely how hard it is to change the constitution.
You are way too paranoid ;)

Someone say it is only one terrorist attack's away from saying good bye to the constitution

JoeF said:
Quite a lot of paranoia ;)
The border patrol can not do such thing.
That would require a change in the constitution. It would result in the end of freedom. And that would mean civil war. In fact, that's why the US constitution has provisions for a militia, to make sure nobody is meddling with the basic freedoms.

Nation's interest/safety comes first prior to so called freedom.

If Americans are asked to get their passport stamped whenever they leave or enter US, that doesn't mean that their freedom is lost, especially after 9/11, no one ( I mean born citizens) would object for this rule.

JoeF said:
Well, it would be obvious then that the terrorists would have won.

That is human nature. Ultimately practicality will beat ideology (even if
ideology was not based upon praticality in the first place). I don't know
how generals can control themselves if torturing prisoners
is the only way to get information that can make differences
in a big victory vs a total defeat

JoeF said:
Freedom is more important than safety. Freedom always involves risk. And not only does freedom involve risk, but it is a prerequisite to achieve as much safety as possible. Without freedom, safety and security are not possible.

The obligatory reference:
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

What 'Thomas Jefferson' meant by Freedom is not same as what you think today. Today, you are saying freedom means, at POE you want to enter US without proper documentation or recording your entry/exit.

As you said, Can New Yorkers say that it affects their freedom when Cops check their baggages while entering subway station? If they can't, then what happens to their freedom? So, today's freedom comes next to Safety/security.

Benjamin Franklin said: "Where liberty is, there is my country".
If a nonimmigrant recite that in front of a US consul during visa
application, he will immediately deny a visa