What docs reqd for AP?

sdd

Registered Users (C)
I am on EAD (6 years over on H1B) and will be travelling to India for a couple of weeks. What docs do I need to carry with me?

- Advance Parole
- EAD
- I485 receipts in original
- Employement Letter (Changed employers recently, but have not yet informed INS)
- Paystub

And of course the passport.
Anything else?
SDD

- Advance Parole (take all the AP original copies)
- EAD
- I485 receipts in original
- Employment Letter (Changed employers recently, but have not yet informed INS)
- **** Show ONLY if asked at POE
- Paystub

And of course the passport.
Anything else?
----- Your self

Similar situation.. traveling on AP for 4-5 weeks.

Questions:

1) I dont have the original I-485 reciept (Its with Lawyer), is a copy ok at POE?

2) I-140 is not approved yet... any concerns at POE? especially if my employer closes doors or downsizes while I am out of country?

1) I don’t have the original I-485 receipt (Its with Lawyer), is a copy ok at POE?
---- You can ask the lawyer for original I-485 filing receipt, Copy also OK, generally they don’t ask I-485 filing receipt but better to have with you.
2) I-140 is not approved yet... any concerns at POE? Especially if my employer closes doors or downsizes while I am out of country?
-------- IF employer revokes I-140 then your I-485 has no base and AP will have no base and you will not be allowed with AP to US. I don’t know your complete situation

original not necessary

I did not have original with me, i only had a copy. When I voluntarily showed the copy of I-485 receipt, the INS officer said that it is not required. They only took AP ( 3 original copies I had).

I traveled back on Dec 26th from New Delhi. I was carrying all the documents ginnu mentioned.
In addition, I was carrying 3 photocopies of AP also to handover in case anyone(flight,IND immigration etc) asks for them while coming back.

At POE, I was asked to go to secondary inspection.
There I gave passport and 3 AP originals, the officer took a little while to go through them, stamped one of them and I-94 and returned the rest. No questions asked or any other documents asked for.