Hi,

I have seen the following status in many posting here:

Date of Ack :
Photo / Sig Scanned:
Reg. Status Granted:
Docs Printed On :
Dispatched to concerned office on:
Recd SF : Not Yet

But online OCI Enquiry form (http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp) shows following status

Date Of Acknowledgment
Application Status
Registration Status
Documents Printing Status
Documents Printed On
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NOT YET

Now my question is where are the follwing status lines in the onlien form.
Photo / Sig Scanned:
Reg. Status Granted:

Thanks

Thanks Ginnu
If OCI application status is Acknowledged and OCI/Sc is applied together, does it mean that SC process is complete and then they move to OCI process?

Last edited by a moderator:
As with any processing that is done by the Indian consulate in the USA, OCI card processing also is a blackbox with minimum feedback and unanswered questions by emails and phones. We recently applied for the OCI card and experienced frustration like many others who applied too. They stick relatively close to the times described on the consulate's web site but lack of feedback puts you in a tense spot. Here is a sequence of how our OCI processing went - this can be used as a guide for your situation. The processing times for various stages of this application vary greatly between different people's applications.

Thansk Amy

If you have applied with Houston, the stages are "1. Stuck 2. Stuck 3. Stuck 4.Stuck 5. More stuck"

at what level one is assured that the application is error free and it will not be returned?

thanks

emno,

Once your application states photos/signature SCANNED, it means your application does not have any missing documents. Your final registration status should be either Granted or Rejected (I don't think they would reject unless there is a STRONG reason).

Look at OCI online status webpage, it says this:
Ordinarily, OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from the date of acknowledgment. If there are any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc,the same should be cleared by the applicant by sending another copy of the document(s) to the concerned Mission/Office.

emno,

Once your application states photos/signature SCANNED, it means your application does not have any missing documents. Your final registration status should be either Granted or Rejected (I don't think they would reject unless there is a STRONG reason).

Ordinarily, OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from the date of acknowledgment. If there are any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc,the same should be cleared by the applicant by sending another copy of the document(s) to the concerned Mission/Office.

so if the photo/signature scanned, there are very less chance the appliction coming back.
I appied SC/OCI togehter and there are vases where OCI was rejected as SC was not included.

so if the photo/signature scanned, there are very less chance the appliction coming back.
I appied SC/OCI togehter and there are vases where OCI was rejected as SC was not included.

Since you applied SC/OCI together, so it won't be returned due to missing SC in package. Don't worry and have some patience, your application will go thru as long as no documents are missing in package...... I was also worried when my application was not ACKed for more than a month.

Since you applied SC/OCI together, so it won't be returned due to missing SC in package. Don't worry and have some patience, your application will go thru as long as no documents are missing in package...... I was also worried when my application was not ACKed for more than a month.

Thanks smart.
I can wait as I have to travel in May.
But I would like to book my tickets by feb. So I guess I have some breathing time and I am hoping for the best.

I agree. but reading soem bad experiences scare me. In soem cases they returned the application after 3 months.

I bet that embassy will try to quickly complete all applications which they received this year since they are migrating to outsourcing agency from Jan,2011. Otherwise managing two piles (one created by babus and other coming from agency) will be a pain in the b**** for all those babus in office :)

I bet that embassy will try to quickly complete all applications which they received this year since they are migrating to outsourcing agency from Jan,2011. Otherwise managing two piles (one created by babus and other coming from agency) will be a pain in the b**** for all those babus in office :)
I was thinking on the same lines. May be to prove that they were/are as efficient as any outsourced agency, they may try to correct the system and make it more eficient to comparison purpose. Just a thought.

emno,

------------------ Once OCI is Granted and you dont see PRINTED for 6-7 days from the date GRANTED then your Photo has problems and Delhi cant print the OCI. you need to send online Status Page and New Photo to Consulate so that they can Scan it again. Consulate will not send you any info if you need to send new Photo
-----------------

at what level one is assured that the application is error free and it will not be returned?

thanks

I guess if they ack and scan the photo, then you should be ok. Unless you have some criminal cases pending in India that you have not disclosed.