what are the options if i get married now? i am on advance parole.

yoda

Registered Users (C)
hi guys
recently my case got transferred. interview of course will take some time now.
suppose i got married at this time outside of US, where would her case be processed and how long it would take?
i of course wont be able to bring her here on a visa as i am no longer on H1, have used AP.
what are my options??

Originally posted by yoda
suppose i got married at this time outside of US, where would her case be processed and how long it would take? i of course wont be able to bring her here on a visa as i am no longer on H1, have used AP. what are my options??

If you do not have an H1, your wife will need a visa on her own merits. Can she qualify for an H-1, L-1 or O-1 based on her own qualifications? If not, she will have to wait a while.

Can you return to an H-1 so she can get an H-4?

I think you can apply for follow to join if you get married befor ethe approval of your GC.

Edison,
I don't think that is possible at this stage.

yoda,
green card really can't help bringing your spouse here. Try to get him/her on h1 or l1 etc., Immdediately contact lawyer he may have some thing different opinion.

I heard that if you marry before approval of green card you are eligible to apply follow to join ( I 824). Once they approve I 824 then you have to do counselor processing.

Processing time of Follow to join is about a year. So you have to search other alternatives. Good luck

so if i apply follow to join sometime before my interview date and my case gets approved before that follow-to-join application is approved, what happens in that case?

Why do you waste time in getting advice from amateurs on this board?
Go and get your attorneys advice.
That is the best way to find out and decide what you need to do.

Originally posted by yoda
hi guys
recently my case got transferred. interview of course will take some time now.
suppose i got married at this time outside of US, where would her case be processed and how long it would take?
i of course wont be able to bring her here on a visa as i am no longer on H1, have used AP.
what are my options??

Have you used your EAD?

Having EAD, while on H1, and using AP to enter US wouldn't VOID H1..!! Only if EAD is used, it voids H1..!