what are the forms required to file family based GC?

pullan

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to apply for family based GC through my wife(US citizen).
Currently I am in US on H1 visa. What are the forms I need to submit for my GC process. Answers will be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance

You will Need the following:

I-130
I-485
I-864
I-693 (Medical - DR. fills this out for you)
G-325A

Optional:

I-765: Employment Authorization Document/ Work Permit
I-131: Advanced Parole - allowes you to travel while waiting for AoS approval

To avoid delays you should file all the required (+optional if you decide) at the same time to avoid delays in your processing. Generally, if filing all docs at the same time you would send them off to Chicago.

If you want to get to know the process fairly well, check out the book link I have listed in my signature. It's only $29 and written by a couple real immigration attorneys. Great book. I got it after I filed, but it confirmed everything I did was correct!! Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys!!.
Do I need to submit I-864 and G-325A since I am already working in US on H1 visa. My understanding was I need to submit I-130, I-485 and I-765,I-131. Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks in advance

thanks guys!!.
Do I need to submit I-864 and G-325A since I am already working in US on H1 visa. My understanding was I need to submit I-130, I-485 and I-765,I-131. Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks in advance

YES.

Your wife must fill out an I-864 for you, as your sponsor.

you both need to fill out a G-325a.

guys , thanks for your responses.

My wife don't have enough income to show in I-864 since she was a full time student last year.Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance

guys , thanks for your responses.

My wife don't have enough income to show in I-864 since she was a full time student last year.Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance

I beleive that even if your wife had NO income ($0) she still has to file a I-864 and be your primary sponsor, then you can add the intending immigrant's (your) income and/or assets. If you use your income you will have to give in your tax transcripts and W2's as well as proof that this income will continue (i.e employment letter). All this if you are working LEGALLY, which I assume you are.

It's written on the form how to do that.

Another solution would be to get a co-sponsor who could be anybody who is a U.S citizen or LPR.

Hope that helps. Go through form I-864 for more details.