What after BIA Appeal

Marcre86

Registered Users (C)
What after court for the eleventh circuit Appeal!!

Hey guy's, what happens when after my asylum petition has been denied by the IJ and the BIA but the THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE ELEVENTH CIRCUIT has ordered to VACATE & REMAND?
I filed my Asylum petition on 2002, and was denied by the IJ and the BIA but a few months ago THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE ELEVENTH CIRCUIT ordered to VACATE & REMAND, i Believe now i have to go again to an Immigration court.
What are the chances that they are going to grant my asylum? my lawyer said there is like a 90% chance they will grant it
Anyone know anything about this?

Thank you all for all your help in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
"vacated and remanded" is good news because the court of appeals does not agree with the negative decision below. How good? depends on how the decision itself says. The court of appeals can ask the EOIR to give you a new trial or it can order the EOIR to grant you asylum. You need to read the decision. What is docket number if you do not mind disclosing?

Yes, as said by thankful it is good news. If u have same lawyer I am positive he/she will win ur case as he/she is well conversant with ur case and since circuit court has remanded ur case u have bright chances of winning. However, u have to be well prepared to to answer questions raised by uscis attorney. U have solid reason that's why it has been remanded.
In my case the IJ was changed but U should ask ur attorney if u will face same IJ or oteherwise.
So be prepared u have more than 90% chance to win.