• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

what after 2nd letter

58K range for Africa went current in July for DV2013 (narrowly missed June). So, based on that - you can anticipate interview around June/July 2014 with your 2NL being around April/May.

At the interview there are many questions that can be asked. They may try and establish what your financial position is to be sure that you won't become a public charge. If your profession/demeanour or whatever is such that they don't think you'll have a problem supporting yourself they may not even ask the questions about money. However, if they do ask, you should be ready to satisfy them that you have the means to support yourself in the USA. For many people that means showing a bank statement (with money in the account!!!), but there are other ways to prove your financial position. It's up to you how to satisfy them but you only get the one shot to satisfy them....

No the photos being sent separately (assuming they were properly identified with your case number etc) won't affect your case. Wait a few weeks before checking - you have plenty of time to wait....

I am a dv 2014 winner from nepal currently in US. I have decided to do AOS. But i have got on eproblem. back in 2010, i have filed for political asylum and it was denied as not being completely political. my question is, does this create problem for chanceof getting GC? And also in form i 485, what i have to check in for...do you ever applied for permanent resident status in US?

any help is highly appreciable.

What is your current status in the US? That plays a big role in the possibility of your being able to do AOS. Also, were you inspected at the time of your entrance into the US?

I am a dv 2014 winner from nepal currently in US. I have decided to do AOS. But i have got on eproblem. back in 2010, i have filed for political asylum and it was denied as not being completely political. my question is, does this create problem for chanceof getting GC? And also in form i 485, what i have to check in for...do you ever applied for permanent resident status in US?

I am still in F1 and my anticipated graduation is on 2015. I have been out of US for two times after my denial but there were not any problem or inspected at the port of entry. it was easy as usual.

I am still in F1 and my anticipated graduation is on 2015. I have been out of US for two times after my denial but there were not any problem or inspected at the port of entry. it was easy as usual.

Ok, with your F1 visa, you do have a legal status in the US. The basis of your denied political asylum application is different from the DV lottery AOS adjustment you will be doing, so I can't imagine previous application playing any significant impact on this one. Yes, you have to indicate your previous application on the I-485 form, this is not the sort of thing you try to hide. It's something USCIC can easily discover.

If you like, you can schedule a free consultation with an immigration attorney just to further confirm or dispute what you get here.

15) Interview - at your interview you will need to pay the required non-refundable fee of $330. If your interview is successful the consular officer will inform you and tell you to come back on a certain date to pick up your passport. You will then have to go to the USCIS website link as follows to pay the immigrant fee. You cannot get a Green Card without paying this fee.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

16) Interview (II) - if your interview has issues you will either be rejected or placed under Administrative Processing. If you go under Administrative Processing the US Embassy will most likely keep your passport until they have reviewed your case thoroughly. If your case is still under Administrative Processing after September 30th of the DV fiscal year then you're out of luck and you will not get a DV visa.

GET MOVING!!!

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 19th June 2013
Medicals - Scheduled for the week of 24th June 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

what if i don't have credit card and i cant pay online for the green card process through USCIS website ?
can i pay cashe through transfer?????:confused:

Realguy, just check the ESC page and see if you can't remember what email address to check.

Reeno - just the dv winner needs to show the educational or work qualification, though they will probably ask your spouse what they plan to do. And yes it is either high school or work experience, you don't need to prove both.

For savings - look up US poverty guidelines for your family size. Mostly 125% of that seems to be the acceptable number. Bring bank statements and proof of any assets you can liquidate (shares, house etc) or at least have a list of them.

No your uncle will not have to show support, the address is just for somewhere to send your green card.

If you have a university degree (bachelors or masters), is it still necessary to show your high school degree?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a university degree (bachelors or masters), is it still necessary to show your high school degree?

This seems to depend on both the consulate and the interviewing official. They wanted to see just my highest qualification, but I had heard from someone else interviewed at the same consulate that they also wanted to see the high school certificate for someone who had a university degree. So take all just to be safe.

This seems to depend on both the consulate and the interviewing official. They wanted to see just my highest qualification, but I had heard from someone else interviewed at the same consulate that they also wanted to see the high school certificate for someone who had a university degree. So take all just to be safe.

Thank you very much for quick replay!

When i will get second letter

Hi,

My case number is AS2014000060xx and it is current for month of May. Till now I didn't get my second letter by email or checking on this link https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/. It happen to me or still more cases are balance to get second letter. Until when should I wait before calling KCC. Kindly suggest what should I do?