What about dependant VISA numbers?

gcaaa111

Registered Users (C)
POJ or others,

What about VISA numbers for dependants from July 1st for approved primary applicants? I have to apply my family 485. But my useless attorney is delaying..... I need your advise.

My 485 is approved and my wife came on H1 recently after a long vacation. Now my attorney is saying we have to wait for 2 pay stubs for your wife. She just started work yesterday. So she has to wait atleast 1 month to get them. Will they be able apply after 1st July?

My guess

gcaaa111,

Since you are now a permanent resident, you are sponsoring your wife for a GC. What does her company have to do with anything? This is a totally different track than an EB3. Maybe I don't understand your situation.

saras

Hello,

It is assumed that she is going as dependant and as immidiate relative on your approved 485.

This is also understood by docs posted on state.gov that immidiate relative are not effected by it.

Remember All I am sharing info posted on stage.gov

-----------------------------------------------
Current/noncurrent: There are numerical limits on the number of immigrant visas that can be granted to aliens form any one foreign country. The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship. Because of the numerical limits, this means there is a waiting time before the immigrant visa can be granted. The terms current/noncurrent refer to the priority date of a petition in preference immigrant visa cases in relationship to the immigrant cut-off date. If your priority date is before/earlier than the cut-off date according to the monthly Visa Bulletin, your case is current. This means your immigrant visa case can now be processed. However, if your priority date is later/comes after the cut-off date, you will need to wait longer, until your priority date is reached (becomes current). To find out whether a preference case is current, see the Visa Bulletin or telephone (202) 663 1541.

Immediate relative immigrant visa cases do not have country numerical limits, with waiting times as a result of the country limits. The terms priority date, cut-off date and current/noncurrent does not apply for immediate relative cases.

The link u can read (find sub heading current/noncurrent paragraph)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html

I hope this is fact and wish u good luck on ur spouse case :D
(just sharing my personal opinion that immidiate relative's visa number is derived by ur visa number(ur 140/485), they don't need a seperate visa number).

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks POJ.

Thanks POJ.

Saras, Yes I know that its nothinbg to do with my spouse company information. The worst part is my wife is also working in the same company and my useless company attorney is not ready to apply until she gets 2 pay stubs. The reason lawyer saying that, she doesn't want to end up getting legal status query....... God bless us.

gcaaa111 said:
The worst part is my wife is also working in the same company and my useless company attorney is not ready to apply until she gets 2 pay stubs. The reason lawyer saying that, she doesn't want to end up getting legal status query.

And that moron would rather have her wait several months to file the I-485 because of retrogression? Tell him to file now or you're going to fire him and file on your own.

She needs the I-485, G-325, medical exam, copy of birth and marriage certificates and last I-94 together and in USCIS' hands by June 30th.

Dear gcaaa111

You should be listening to the person who 'Stayed Holiday-inn Exp Last Night' :D or she would be Staying behind.:D (may God not happen this) .

Agreed with R.C if u have decided that path to walk on, ur 'quick act' would save even what u don't expect from them. .

Good luck

I sent an email to Attorney.

I sent an email to Attorney and also got an email back. They said we can file with whatever information we have so far and wait for the RFE for her legal status, then we can submit pay stubs........

I am saying the samething since day 1 and now they are saying this to me ............... what a great job Attorney's do.

I am from INDIA (AP), In my school days, we had a lesson called Astrologer's day. Any astrologer, first they dont speak. We say all of our problems and some times solutions too...... My attorney is doing the same to me. I know they are not doing their job well.... but what to do.... already paid big $$$$.

quick question for saras 76

hi,
got a question, got my i140 approved last night.... the visa thing till october 2005, is every nationality affected for EB3 or only those people from india, china and philippines...

ziad2005 said:
hi,
got a question, got my i140 approved last night.... the visa thing till october 2005, is every nationality affected for EB3 or only those people from india, china and philippines...

Unfortunately every nationality is affected. CSC and VSC have used up all visa numbers!

another question mr durham

lets say suppose someday gets a approval letter in these two weeks and his info appointment is in july

does he get his passport stamped or does he have to wait till october and

r u from durham nc :confused:

Visa number is used on approval. Stamping and card are only evidence of your permanent residence. So stamping in July is not an issue.

There is a good chance TSC may clear good number of Eb3 between now and 30th June:)

ziad2005 said:
lets say suppose someday gets a approval letter in these two weeks and his info appointment is in july

does he get his passport stamped or does he have to wait till october QUOTE]

good, that is good news for all these folks waiting in this line

what about my next question r u from durham nc

i am happy I140 approved after two rfe..... :cool:

so i can wait ......

Agreed

ziad2005,

I agree with what In_durham has said. The best case scenario for us unfortunate EB3 filers is for our apps to get approved before the 1st of July 05. Otherwise we will have to keep eachother entertained and informed in these forums for much longer.

PS - Congratulations on your 140 approval. It is a very significant step.

regards,

saras