Weird: Passport and DD returned without stamping and without any letter

hmv_05

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Hello all,

I have a H1-B which expires in January 2007. I worked in the US for a couple of months. I have gone to the Chennai consulate in November 2005 for my multiple entry stamping. They have sent me the 221 g documents twice and I sent them the required documentation. When I emailed them a couple of times, they responded that my case is still under the review process.

I have a Master's degree from the US.

I got my passport back now in which they cancelled my F1 visa (which expired on july 4th' 2006). I don't see any other stamp in my passport. They also sent my dd back. They did not send me any 221g's or a letter stating why I was rejected or accepted?

What does this mean? What shall I do now? I wonder if the consulate responds to my email.

Please advise.

Thank you very much!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hmv_05 said:
:confused: Hello all,

I have a valid H1-B visa upto January 2007. I worked in the US for a couple of months. I have gone to the Chennai consulate in November 2005 for my multiple entry stamping. They have sent me the 221 g documents twice and I sent them the required documentation. When I emailed them a couple of times, they responded that my case is still under the review process.

I have a Master's degree from the US.

Today, I got my passport back in which they cancelled my F1 visa (which expired on july 4th' 2006). I don't see any other stamp in my passport. I have sent my dd back. They did not send me any 221g's or a letter stating why I was rejected or accepted?

Did they do any mistake?

What shall I do now? I wonder if the consulate responds to my email.

Please advise.

Thank you very much!!

If you already have a H-B stamp on your passport which is valid till Jan 2007, why would you go for stamping again? Visa stamp in the passport is only for port of entry. You status is determined using your NOA 1-797. You are good to enter US with the existing stamp and the new NOA I-797 form from your employer to whom you will be working in the US. Good Luck.

mistake

Oh, I meant to say that I have a H1-B valid upto january 2007. I didn't leave US after I changed my status from F1 to H1. So, I had to go for stamping when I left US to visit India.

Hope you can answer my question now.

Thanks,

HMV

hmv_05 said:
Oh, I meant to say that I have a H1-B valid upto january 2007. I didn't leave US after I changed my status from F1 to H1. So, I had to go for stamping when I left US to visit India.

Hope you can answer my question now.

Thanks,

HMV
Changed status from F1 to H1
does not have H1 Visa stamp
want to visit India and want to enter on H1 status
**** you will need H1 visa stamp to enter US.