We do not need EAD's

alanpero1

Registered Users (C)
We have gone through this several times, and know that we don't need EAD's as long as we have DL and unrestricted SSC.
Recently the Civil rights Division of the USDOJ has published a document recognizinf that we are authorized to work incident to our status, and therefore authorized to work indefinitely. In other words, we are authorized to work even if we have not applied to the INS for an EAD (the document uses this same phrasing).
Also, that we should write "N/A asylee" on the line next to box 3 in section I of the INS form I-9.
I believe this document clarifies any pending issue already discussed in this forum.
I am not authorized to post the link, and also this portal doesn't allow to attach ".pdf" files, so if somebody wants a copy, just send me a private message with e-mail address.
Anyways, I believe it will be soon posted in any of those lawyers' websites (if it hasn't been already) and you can retrieve it from there.
Regards

shoot my I-94 was marked that my status gonna expire after 1yr, which really brings me alot of trouble....even though i've already found a job...

hey! Alan you have disabled private message option and email option on this board. Either enable it or send the text of the document showing that asylees dont need EAD's.
thanks

Get your EAD to be on the safe side

It is safe to have your EAD eventhough we have unrestricted
SSC. This is challenging time don't let any body to get a case against you specially this chaeotic INS.

Lazerthegreat

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
hey! Alan you have disabled private message option and email option on this board. Either enable it or send the text of the document showing that asylees dont need EAD's.
thanks

It is not disabled. I have just sent a private message to myself and evrything worked just fine. Also I have received PM from other people. As explained before this site doen't allow to attach .pdf files.
But, I can e-mail to you the file if you provide e-mail address. I have no problem with that.

Alan's PM is fine. I think you have to enable your own PM before you can send one. Regards,

Originally posted by Lazerthegreat
thanks