Want to know if i can join army as a conditional permanent resident?


New Member
i would like to know if i can join army as a conditional permanent resident
here is another detail :
dependent of Investor Green card and received CR visa


Registered Users (C)
FROM: http://usmilitary.about.com/library/pdf/navrecruit.pdf

See pages "2-19" and "2-20":

"(2) Alien Lawfully Admitted for Conditional Permanent Residence. An alien
lawfully accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the U.S. on a
conditional basis. The INS grants this status based upon the alien’s marriage to
an U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. The INS also grants this status to
the alien’s children. This classification includes only those marriages entered
into less than 24 months before acquiring permanent resident status. The status
is subject to ratification or revocation 2 years later. The INS issues these aliens
an Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551) with an expiration date 2 years
from date of issue. On its front, the card displays in bold letters Resident Alien.
Conditional lawful permanent residents with unexpired alien registration
cards (Form I-551) are eligible to enlist


New Member
It means that the actual behavior of individuals hasn’t changed much in the last century. Despite much propaganda encouraging folks to buy and hold mutual funds through market upturns and downturns, individuals sell when the market or their funds do poorly.


Registered Users (C)
If you are an F1 student who just received the "temporary green card" and have to wait 2 years or so to get the full green card, will you be able to attend a university as a resident before you have those restrictions removed?