Want to invoke EAD with USCIS while on Job

iam4friendz

Registered Users (C)
Background:
9th year of H1B (approved H1B till 2012)
Labor:Jan2006
EAD/AP valid till Aug2010 (but neither has been used so far).

Situation:
I need to visit India for 3 months for family reason. Since 3 months leave is much eyond company policy, I need to relinquish my position with company, before I leave USA. Employer will then notify USCIS of H1B withdrawal.
Bottom line, in 3 months of my India stay my status will be unemployed (and not leave of absence).

Questions:

Q1
It is my feeling that, it may be valuable notifying USCIS of my EAD ahead of time, before USCIS getting notified about my H1B withdrawal. It may help them understand that I have already involked my EAD, hence do not need H1B sponsor any more in future (for doing similar work).
Is there anything I am loosing here in invoking my EAD ahead of time (before my employer notifying USCIS of my leaving the company?)

Q2
I am looking to find formal procedure to invoke my EAD with USCIS.
Info I have read so far, tells about doing it only when u start new job.
But here I am with job, and looking to invoke my EAD.
Can someone help to know how I can invoke my EAD formally with USCIS?

Thanks

A1: No need for you to take proactive measures. If you want ot use your EAD, just start using it.

A2: Just start using it.

How do I start using EAD, and abandon H1B, while on the same job? What's the procedure ?

How do I let USCIS know I have done so ?

Thanks

Thank you for response.
I am not sure how they update USCIS with this (If they request USCIS to wihdraw H1B even when I am in job). Further more, once they update USCIS,
I am unsure what the method will be of their updating USCIS upon my resignation.

(Since I know clearly, if I am on H1B, USCIS will be notified of H1B withdrawal upon my resignation, which is fine)

What difference does it make to you? You have an EAD. Just use it if you want to.

I am not sure how they update USCIS with this (If they request USCIS to wihdraw H1B even when I am in job). Further more, once they update USCIS,
I am unsure what the method will be of their updating USCIS upon my resignation.

Ideally it should not make any difference.
I get tempeted to feel concern that my resignation and hence the withdrawal of H1B should not trigger an unnecessary RFE...specially when I may be in India attending family tasks.

H1-B to A2(dependant) EAD

Hi I am not sure if this is a similar situation.

I am on h1-b and working for a company. my wife is currently on H4. she has now gotten a Job that requires her to convert to A-2. I also need to convert to this visa as a dependant and file for EAD which i am told will take 30 -90 days. what happens to my status and can i continue to work on my H1-B untill my A2 -EAD is processed. I am going out of USA to get the A2 before i get the EAD.