Want to cut down hours after getting green card

betelguese

Hypothetical case:

My I-485 was filed with me working full time for $100,000 a year. When/if my PERM application is approved and I get a green card, I am told I HAVE to keep working full time for $100,000 a year (or more).

I want to cut down to 0.8 FTE which would mean I would make $80,000. Is this not doable at all? If it *is* doable, how soon after getting the green card can I do it? Is this one of those things that is legally required or just 'advisable'?

Thanks.

Hypothetical case:

My I-485 was filed with me working full time for $100,000 a year. When/if my PERM application is approved and I get a green card, I am told I HAVE to keep working full time for $100,000 a year (or more).

I want to cut down to 0.8 FTE which would mean I would make $80,000. Is this not doable at all? If it *is* doable, how soon after getting the green card can I do it? Is this one of those things that is legally required or just 'advisable'?

Thanks.

In the same day you receive GC you can even sitting home watching TV with 0 income.

So my attorney is bullshitting me? Her rationale is that since the PERM was filed for this specific kind and amount of work, you must keep doing this kind and amount of work for some time after the GC is granted.

Apparently it 'looks bad' if you do not keep doing so, when you apply for your citizenship.

technically, once you have the GC you are free to do whatever you want. there are no real guidelines on how long one stays with the employer or nature of work, etc. All these things you hear fall under 'advisable" but don't think there are legal bindings.