Want to apply for EAD - do not have 485 filing receipt

GCDream05

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
Need you advice regading this issue.
I am planning to apply for my EAD on my own (not through company lawyer).
My I-140 has been approved and I-485 has been filed and received by INS.
PLease correct/add any needed documentation i may have missed below:

Form I-765 filled.
Copy of I-94 (both sides)
2 Photo's (side face.. same as taken while i-485 application)
Copy of Photo Id (Driver Licence)
Check $175 to the INS
I-140 Approval Notice
I-485 filiing Receipt.

I do not have the I-140 approval notice and the I-485 filing receipt copies with me, they are with the company and i cannot get them. I just have an e-mail from company mentioning I-140 approval and I-485 received by INS with the LIN # specified.

Can we file for EAD without I-485 receipt notice...?
Is there any way i can file for EAD without the receipt notice...

Please suggest.

Thanks.

GCDream05 said:
Hi Gurus,
Need you advice regading this issue.
I am planning to apply for my EAD on my own (not through company lawyer).
My I-140 has been approved and I-485 has been filed and received by INS.
PLease correct/add any needed documentation i may have missed below:

Form I-765 filled.
Copy of I-94 (both sides)
2 Photo's (side face.. same as taken while i-485 application)
Copy of Photo Id (Driver Licence)
Check $175 to the INS
I-140 Approval Notice
I-485 filiing Receipt.

I do not have the I-140 approval notice and the I-485 filing receipt copies with me, they are with the company and i cannot get them.

---- you can get I-485 filing reciept, it is your petition and has nothing to do with employer
I just have an e-mail from company mentioning I-140 approval and I-485 received by INS with the LIN # specified.

Can we file for EAD without I-485 receipt notice...?
---no
Is there any way i can file for EAD without the receipt notice...
--- you can file but will not get EAD, copy of I-485 filing reciept is must
Please suggest.

Thanks.

Thanks Ginnu for your quick reply.

Since Green Card filing is done by company lawyers all papers/receipts go to company lawyers. They notify us via e-mail about approvals and filing receipts but we do not get the actual OR copy of the receipt.
I asked for the copy of receipt to the legal dept. and am being directed from one person to other person.... in general this is normal practice where they do not want to give the receipt knowing we could file for EAD and leave the company.
I am sure many people from other companies might be facing the same problem.

Hence i wanted to know whether i need to still pursue with the legal Dept. for a copy of the receipt. OR i can apply for EAD based on the E-mail notification or some other proof.. like printout of Online Case status using LIN#....

PLease suggest.

Thanks.

GCDream05 said:
Thanks Ginnu for your quick reply.

Since Green Card filing is done by company lawyers all papers/receipts go to company lawyers. They notify us via e-mail about approvals and filing receipts but we do not get the actual OR copy of the receipt.
I asked for the copy of receipt to the legal dept. and am being directed from one person to other person.... in general this is normal practice where they do not want to give the receipt knowing we could file for EAD and leave the company.
I am sure many people from other companies might be facing the same problem.

Hence i wanted to know whether i need to still pursue with the legal Dept. for a copy of the receipt.
----- YES, het the I-485 filing reciept
OR i can apply for EAD based on the E-mail notification or some other proof..
like printout of Online Case status using LIN#....
----- if you try with print out from online you may get RFE
FYI the I-485 petition belongs to YOU not to employer and by law they or your comany lawyer canot keep the I-485, they have to provide you the the I-485 filing reciept by law. you signed form G28 with lawyer to represent YOU with USCIS and lawyer by law is supposed to provide you the copy of I-485 filing
PLease suggest.

Thanks.