Walkin at San Jose ASC

Walkin at Sanjose ASC

shahramt said:
Are they open on Saturdays?
and do you have to prove them whay you are doing early FP?

They are open on Saturdays but closed on Sundays & Mondays

They did not ask for any proof....I just told them during the appt time , I am likely to be travelling....

esentha said:
I485- Approval notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys,

can you please advise on my case.

EB3 RIR
Labour applied - 02/28/2002
Priority date - 03/05/2002
lab appro - 10/04/2004
I140 RD - 01/03/2005
I485 RD - 01/03/2005
I140 & I485 approved date is 10/12/2005

But the online status just changed to approved to I140 and I485 still remains the same.

I got the Biometrics appt on November 23rd at SAnjose ASC.

Is my I485 really got approved or I have to wait till my visa numbers are avialble.(My PD is 03/05/2002 and EB3).Is it correct.Please advise guys.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

If this is really true, then that is good news. It means that they are actually approving cases regardless of the published cut off date? Or simply they made a mistake and you are BIG TIME lucky! :)

Do you mind posting what you approval notice says to help others understand what's going on?

southwycke said:
They are open on Saturdays but closed on Sundays & Mondays

They did not ask for any proof....I just told them during the appt time , I am likely to be travelling....

Thanks,

What will happen to the original appointment? do we have to cancel it after the early FP is done or it'll be fine?

Infopass Appointment - Biometrics and I551 stamping

Good morning guys. Hope you had a great weekend .Just a quick update regarding my infopass appointment today @ the sanjose service center.
I had an appointment @ 7.30 Am. I went there @ 7.15 AM. I met the immigration office @ 7.35 AM. I showed him the I485 approval notice and all the documents(EAD,AP,H1B & H4 approval,I94 and 2 photos).He said I have to call the 1-800 no and fix the appointment for my Biometrics. I told him that I already fixed and the earliest appt what I got is only on November 23rd, since I have to travel to India in 2nd week of November I want the Biometrics and I551 stamping in my passport here in Sanjose service center. He asked me to wait for some time. After 5~10 minutes he called me again and said he can stamp I551 in my passport but for Biometrics I have to go to the ASC after coming back from India. So he stamped I551 on my passport and also for my wife and it is valid for 6 months i.e till April 23rd, 2006.He said after completing my Biometrics in ASC, I should receive the physical green card.He returned me the original I485 approval notice.Since I have the appointment in ASC on November 23rd for me and my wife. So I will wait for my biometrics till November 23rd.

Once again thank you for your help guys.I really appreciate its a great forum.

Thank you guys

esentha said:
Good morning guys. Hope you had a great weekend .Just a quick update regarding my infopass appointment today @ the sanjose service center.
I had an appointment @ 7.30 Am. I went there @ 7.15 AM. I met the immigration office @ 7.35 AM. I showed him the I485 approval notice and all the documents(EAD,AP,H1B & H4 approval,I94 and 2 photos).He said I have to call the 1-800 no and fix the appointment for my Biometrics. I told him that I already fixed and the earliest appt what I got is only on November 23rd, since I have to travel to India in 2nd week of November I want the Biometrics and I551 stamping in my passport here in Sanjose service center. He asked me to wait for some time. After 5~10 minutes he called me again and said he can stamp I551 in my passport but for Biometrics I have to go to the ASC after coming back from India. So he stamped I551 on my passport and also for my wife and it is valid for 6 months i.e till April 23rd, 2006.He said after completing my Biometrics in ASC, I should receive the physical green card.He returned me the original I485 approval notice.Since I have the appointment in ASC on November 23rd for me and my wife. So I will wait for my biometrics till November 23rd.

Once again thank you for your help guys.I really appreciate its a great forum.

Thank you guys

Congratulations!!!

This is great news and give the rest of us some hope. It looks like CIS is still approving cases regardless of the priority date?

Esentha, did you do anything special about your case? For example, write to them often or contact senator/congressmen etc?

Follow up - Attorney and immigration dept.

I followed with my contact in the attorney office and immigration dept(my co).

waitingdood said:
Congratulations!!!

This is great news and give the rest of us some hope. It looks like CIS is still approving cases regardless of the priority date?

Esentha, did you do anything special about your case? For example, write to them often or contact senator/congressmen etc?

I doubt that CSC can still approve such cases after retrogression. I guess EB3 (for India) was frozen long back. These are a few freaky cases get approved on and off. I think Esenta was born with enormous luck. I suggest Esenta to just walk in to ASC and get your bio done too. outletvolt1 already said that it is not easy for any one to find when is the actual appointment.
Just for an Info I got an email from CRIS today and it says, “card is ordered”.

Will try to goto ASC next week

once again thanks for all your advise guys.I really appreciate it.

Sanjose ASC & SFO ASC - Update

Good afternoon guys.Just a quick update regarding my Biometrics appointment. After completing the I551 stamping yesterday I thought of going to Sanjose - ASC today morning . My original biometrics appointment is scheduled on 11/23/2005. So I thought of giving a try. I went to Sanjose ASC around 8.30 AM .The security person asked whether I had an appointment for biometrics, I told I don't have one and wanted to talk with the supervisor. He directed me to the lady who was sitting @ the front desk. I told her that I called the 1-800 no and got the appoinment on 11/23/2005, since I already planned for going to India on November 11th, I wanted to check whether it is possible to do the biometrics before that.She took my I485 approval notice and my drivers license went inside to discuss with her boss. She came back after 5 minutes and asked me to show the airline ticket. I told I forgot to bring it. She said her supervisor is very strict and without proof she can't give me the appointment. Then I came back to work.

Called a travel agent and booked the ticket to India(just blocked the ticket) on November 11th . Took a printout and wanted to give a try in SFO ASC. Around 12.30 PM reached SFO ASC @ 250, Broadway Street. Again the same story. Explained to the security person. Here she checked the appointment list and said that my name was not in the list. Then I told the same story again and this time I showed her the itinerary . She tookd my I485 approval notice,ID and the itinerary.Again she went inside and came back and told me that I can do my biometrics today.Oops atlast I did the biometrics in SFO -ASC (Code 3 - Finger printing - 10 fingers - electronic signature and digital photo). The person also aknowledged my I485 approval notice and gave it back to me.

Thanks guys for all your advise and help.Ater reading this forum I came to know lots of new things.Once again thanks.

Biometrics

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your advise and support. I received my card today.

PD : 03/05/2002
Labour approval date : 10/01/2004
I140 RD : 01/03/2005
I485 RD : 01/03/2005
Finger printing : 02/09/2005
EAD AD : 03/24/2005
AP AD : 03/24/2005
I485 AD : 05/17/2005
I140 AD : 10/12/2005
I485 ND : 10/12/2005
Biometrics Appointment: 11/23/2005
I551 stamping in Sanjose on 10/24/2005
Just walked in SFO ASC for biometrics on 10/25/05
LUD changed on 10/26/2005 - Card ordered
LUD changed on 10/28/2005 - Mailed your card
Card received by mail on - 10/31/2005
category - EB3
labour - RIR

Once again thanks for all your support and advise.

esentha,
Did you get emails when message change online in your case like "card ordered and mailed" ?

esentha said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your advise and support. I received my card today.

PD : 03/05/2002
Labour approval date : 10/01/2004
I140 RD : 01/03/2005
I485 RD : 01/03/2005
Finger printing : 02/09/2005
EAD AD : 03/24/2005
AP AD : 03/24/2005
I485 AD : 05/17/2005
I140 AD : 10/12/2005
I485 ND : 10/12/2005
Biometrics Appointment: 11/23/2005
I551 stamping in Sanjose on 10/24/2005
Just walked in SFO ASC for biometrics on 10/25/05
LUD changed on 10/26/2005 - Card ordered
LUD changed on 10/28/2005 - Mailed your card
Card received by mail on - 10/31/2005
category - EB3
labour - RIR

Once again thanks for all your support and advise.

card ordered and mailed - online message

for card ordered I got an email on oct 26th and lud date changed on 10/28/05 with the same message ..after that yesterday the message changed to the below
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 31, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure why they changed the message to above.