Walk in iEAD experience at NYC

yuteri

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I and my husband got iEAD at NYC INS.
They take only first 50 people a day for the iEAD.1st Day we arrived INS 8am and it was tooooo late.2nd day we arrived there 5:15am and waited out side untill the door is open.(They open the door 7:30am)That day was so cold in NY.(Temperture was 20F.)We run to the 3rd floor ,but just 1 person before my turn first 50 was finished.Officer said "go to 9th floor maybe still have some ticket left."so we run to there but already to late.Everyday some people have a appointment ,so depends on how many people have appointment after that rest of the tickets they give to the walk in people. Maximum numbers are all together 100. :( :eek: What do you think?Do you know how we feel?After that we couldn't do anything......But we tried next day,we arrived 4:45am. Already around 50 people was there before us.We tried to believe ,maybe not everybody coming to get iEAD.so we waited untill the door is open.This time we got first 50 peoples ticket!Officer said "go to the 7th floor and get iEAD.But we had a bad experience before so we could't sure yet.we never know when they call our name so we could't move from that room.We waited there untill 4:30pm ,finally we got a iEAD.:p :eek: All day we could't eat anything and we were mentally and physically exhausted.But after we got a iEAD ,we could forget all those times.Now we are very happy!:) :p

MD:11/18/2002
RD:11/21/2002
ND:12/18/2002

(485 &140 concurrent &765)

Could you please tell us in detail about what type of questions you were asked at NYC to obtain interim EAD. Me and my spouse have concurrently filed 1-485/140/765 RD 11/13/02 and ND 12/17/02 and are planning to go next week. Could you also tell us if this was your first EAD application or a renewal. And please also tell us if you are currently in status. We are out of status as of now and want to know if that will be a problem.
Thanks
Deepak

Original posters: mention days. Most of the iEADs are approved on wednesdays/tuesdays for walk ins... seems like wednesday ???
deepak: Qs are minimal . if you have ead receipt, 485 receipt copy and a drivers license you should be able to get the iEAD (subject to the Q number constraints...)

deepak01

This was my first EAD.I'm out of status right now.They asked me only receipt and passport.They said yellow receipt,but I didn't have a yellow receipt.I had a I-765 receipt from INS.(Notice of action)They didn't ask me anything more.You should be there (26 Federal plaza)before 4:30am.( latest)This was not easy,but if you really want to get iEAD you have to go this time.They open the door 7:30am,after security check you take elevator to 3rd floor.
You will see big room there ,go inside the room and right side from the enterance they have a one line for only iEAD.Don't go to the line from front of the enterance.(maybe this time is not make a line yet.)Then you wait for a your turn.If they give you a green paper,you are in first 50 people! After that you have to go to the 7th floor.(maybe not always 7th floor?)When you wait there little while ,INS people is comming and they will give everybody an applycation form for I-765.(Same as the original I-765 form that you or your lawyer send to INS.I think you can print out this form from INS online.(only front side of the form)That time peolpe start make a line. You should wait on the line and fill in the form quickly(or you can prepare this form from your house) also green paper and give those papers to them.You should give them as much as fast.Then you don't have to wait not so long.That room has a sign said "don't eat and drink and smoke"but you should bring some small snack and bottle of drink.Because you never know when they call your name.You don't want to move from the room.When they call your name and they say "go to the next room " you are ready to get a iEAD!They will take your picture and you sign and finger print.After that wait another 10-15 minutes you will receive your iEAD. Good luck! :)

Yuetri,

How come u be a out of status right now? is ur I-485 not pending? something wrong with ur I-140?

Yvetri,

Thanks for your reply. Was your I-140 approved at the time of interim EAD because our I-140 is still pending. Would this be a problem? And they didn't ask any questions?

Would you or anyone else know that if they issue at RFE for your I-140 would that be a problem in getting a interim EAD. Can we bring the information requested to the local INS office and get a interim EAD.

Thanks for the reply.

deepack01

My I-140 is still pending too.Really they didn't ask me anything
about I-485 &I-140.Only I-765 receipt and passport.Just in case I brought all copy of the application but I didn't need them.Your case already passed 90days,so you just can go to INS 4:30am
and when you get first 50 people's ticket (Green paper),100% sure you can get iEAD same day!Good luck.:)

Yuetri,

Thanks again. My attorney is telling me that 90 days is from ND and RD. According to that he said I can only go after May 18. Are you sure it is Received Date and not Notice Date.
Thanks

deepak01

I'm sure.Count 90days from RD.Not from ND.Because my RD was 11/21/2002, 1 week after your RD.and I got a iEAD on 2/27/2003.You don't have to wait.You can going to get a iEAD right now!;)

Last edited by a moderator: