walah, what a day!

vsc_babu

Registered Users (C)
walah, what a day! Nov 2002 approval

I saw two mails from USCIS around noon time. Its been long journey, I filed
my labor in 2001 and been a victim of 9/11 since then, everything slowed
down like hell. I was shit scared when my job was dicey and I-140 was pending. I lost interest in checking status on the case after I saw my I-140 approved, I knew that I have already gained the freedom what every immigrant is dreaming off. Later I switched jobs, claimed unemployment, until one fine day I saw an RFE on my case, responded back and was hoping was approval in 1-3 months time, that did not happen, my case was sitting beneath the pile of rich high-tech applicants. It was getting frustating when I had to spent $900 on renewing my 3rd EAD and advance parole, second fingerprinting. After seeing VSC processing June 2003 cases, I lost my mind, I launched inquiry on my case, had few LUD's and today is THE day, right before the holidays! walahhh ! what a day..

To all those waiting from 2001 and 2002, good luck, keep trying, there is light
at the end of this tunnel.

For 2003 and 2004 applicants, you are one lucky b****** :), things
have improved dramatically and approvals are coming faster. Enjoy!

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for keeping up this superb Immigrationportal, there are lots of knowledgable people here. This is the best community to share views.

Enjoy the holidays!

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 24, 2004, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your
address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. Not because of Hi-Tech guys but 'coz of USCIS the delay is there. Enjoy the Thanksgivings and all the best :D after GC , with little luck you can make lot of money and provided comforts to your loved ones..here and back in your country

GiveMeMyGCNow said:
MD_Rockville

For some reason, I think your approval may be on the way... today...
if so then I will treat you.. promise .. i am an optimist and only few months back looking at Feb 2002 processing time I was thinking that I will get approval in July 2005 :eek: ... anything before that would be kindness and blessings of "Vashino Devi"

walah, what a day!!

vsc_babu said:
I saw two mails from USCIS around noon time. Its been long journey, I filed
my labor in 2001 and been a victim of 9/11 since then, everything slowed
down like hell. I was shit scared when my job was dicey and I-140 was pending. I lost interest in checking status on the case after I saw my I-140 approved, I knew that I have already gained the freedom what every immigrant is dreaming off. Later I switched jobs, claimed unemployment, until one fine day I saw an RFE on my case, responded back and was hoping was approval in 1-3 months time, that did not happen, my case was sitting beneath the pile of rich high-tech applicants. It was getting frustating when I had to spent $900 on renewing my 3rd EAD and advance parole, second fingerprinting. After seeing VSC processing June 2003 cases, I lost my mind, I launched inquiry on my case, had few LUD's and today is THE day, right before the holidays! walahhh ! what a day..

To all those waiting from 2001 and 2002, good luck, keep trying, there is light
at the end of this tunnel.

For 2003 and 2004 applicants, you are one lucky b****** :), things
have improved dramatically and approvals are coming faster. Enjoy!

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for keeping up this superb Immigrationportal, there are lots of knowledgable people here. This is the best community to share views.

Enjoy the holidays!

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 24, 2004, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your
address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

When did you complete your FP (s)?

Congrats!

How did you claim unemployment? Don't you need to be a green card holder for that at the least? I don't think you can claim unemployment while your 485 is pending. You may have issues during citizenship.

You do not have to be a GC holder to claim unemployment.

For $'s you make on W-2, your company contributes $ towards your unemployment taxes, you have the right to claim it as far as you can show
your residency status.

Issues during citizenship? I have not heard of such thing or seen a single
case on this board.

joyd said:
Congrats!

How did you claim unemployment? Don't you need to be a green card holder for that at the least? I don't think you can claim unemployment while your 485 is pending. You may have issues during citizenship.

First let me congratulate you on your approval.

I have also done my FP 2 in August and we have filled our cases in Dec 2002 and I have raised a status inquiry with Congressman on Last week of October. Do you think raising another status inquiry with USCIS will be of any help ?
vsc_babu said:
You have the right to claim it as far as you can show
your residency status.

call the 1-800 number listed on your receipt, ask for current status, tell them
that your case has been pending and ask what cases are currently being processed(its june 2003), the agent will enter your inquiry request in the computer system and wait to see in 30 days. You should see lots of LUD's.

or

If you have a paid lawyer, ask him to write a inquiry letter.

Stay calm, your approval in on the way..