waiver J1 (step by step)

kull

Registered Users (C)
hello

I will apply for waiver, CIEE (http://www.ciee.org/) will send my document which is necessary to ask for 'no object letter'.
Can you help me, and tell me what do i have to do (step by step) to apply for a waiver?
I know that everything is here http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1296.html , but I don't know if i understand everything correctly:

1. Step

> Complete online DS-30305
> Send to U.S. Department of State:
- money order
- DS-3035 (the same which I've filled out online)
- sheet of paper with my: full name, date of birth and Social Security Number.
- "A statement demonstrating why the exchange..."
- Copies of my DS-2019
- Copy of passport
- envelopes

2. Step

waiting for Information what kind of documents more I have to send

Is it correct? is it everything? help, please

Regards,
Daniel

Kull,
Would you please tell me that what's the procedure to get the letter from ciee in which it is mentioned that govt is not the sponsor.
Thanks .

Kull,
Honestly, I do not want to gine any wrng suggestion. I duno about it. You are in Internship or in Professional carrer training program?

Hi LucyMO,
You really give some good advice. I guess a lot of us are being helped by it. Thank you very much!
Neelesh

Hi Kull, Lucy,

What is one expected to write in "A statement demonstrating why the exchange...". I am not from IT industry...

Besides what is CEE, I dont think i came through them. It getting someting from them mandatory. Kull can you guide more in details about the step by step procedure for applying for an waiver..

Thank you again,
Neelesh

neelesh07 --> what kind of datails? Generally, I want to find a details about it on that forum :). That guide I made, to ask if it's ok.

j1Waiver07 --> Internship. Is it better or worse?

BTW: Should I apply for waiver, and send a request to my Amassy for NOL in the same day? Or should I wait, and ask for NOL, when I'll get information that US Department of State wants that?

Both Internship and Pct are almost the same so do not worry that which is worse. Would you tell me that what did you write to ciee for the letter. din't they ask you that why do you want that?

j1Waiver07 --> i wrote I need it because I want to apply for waiver, so they sent it to me, with no question. But my embassy doesn't need it, so in my case that document is not useful.

need some help

hi lucymo, kull,
I am from Nepal and want to apply for a waiver. I am doing an internship in a hotel and hace 2 years HRR. I came through IEE, my sponsoring company and fund comes from the hotel which is a private company. Do I need a No objection letter from IEE in order to obtaon a NOL from my government? Pls advise me soon...Thank you

Hi Kull,

Hope you are fine. I have a question for ya.
You came from CIEE and that is not a govt organization. So are you sure that you are subjected to 212 e. Did you apply for advisory opinion?
Reply when you get time.