Waiting since 2001... Is there anything I can do BUT WAIT?

newORLEANS

Hi, this is my first addition to the forum. I would like an advise on successful steps that I can do to get my GC. here is my status

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006
and waiting....

I've changed my address recently, and recieved a confirmation letter stating that "my case is pending officer review. If you don't hear about our decision within 60 day call the 800..." What is that mean. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
newORLEANS said:
Hi, this is my first addition to the forum. I would like an advise on successful steps that I can do to get my GC. here is my status

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006
and waiting....

I've changed my address recently, and recieved a confirmation letter stating that "my case is pending officer review. If you don't hear about our decision within 60 day call the 800..." What is that mean. Thanks

Hmm.. never heard about the 60-day call before; that actually is good. So wait for 60 days, and if that doesnt happen, file a writ of mandamus. Do a search on the forum: you can do it yourself and there are other people on the forum who can help.

Good luck

writ of mandamus !!

Well, the "writ of mandamus" is news for me. I guess I will wait past the 60 days period. Hopefully, everything goes fine.

One other question, I had my finger print done on 2/10/06 and the LUD is 2/15/2006. Does that mean that I am clear and its in USCIS court now?

newORLEANS said:

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006
and waiting....

My friend:

Be relaxing, I suffered the same like you. Forget it for a while it will come.

I did nothing, just wait.

Sounds like your Case will Approve or get a decision within 60 days. You can contact your local Congressman or Senator office also. Explain them you apply for your GC at 2001 but didn’t get any decision yet. And they will Inquiry for you. Sometime it’s speed up application process. I did same thing and USCIS send my Application to Local office for Interview. Here is the Local Congressman link http://unitefamilies.org/action/write.html
Good luck to everyone.

Sent letter to Senator last week... no answer

I guess I'll wait for the 60 days and hopefully I don't need to call the 800 no. I have also sent a letter to my Senator last week and didn't get a response yet. We shall see...

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006
and waiting....

newORLEANS
There was a recent wave of approvals of ND'00 and ND'01 cases from the NSC. So, hopefully, you will be approved very soon, too. I would not put too much hope in writing to the Senator, but, at least, you tried... :cool: Good luck! (This is what lots of ND'00 and ND'01 cases need very badly)

Its a wait game

I called the 800 no and asked why my case is delayed? :mad:
The agent felt my pain and offered that he can submit a service request to NSC and asked them of my GC application.

Couple of days later, I received a letter from NSC acknowledging the request and their reply is:

"we are processing this case and sometimes it takes longer to process this type of cases. Once a decision is made, we will inform you. If you do not receive a decision on this case in 6 month from the date of this letter, call the 800 no…..”

What in the world happening. Should I give up on asking. They pretty much told me "get lost, we don't have time for you" :eek:

newORLEANS said:
I guess I'll wait for the 60 days and hopefully I don't need to call the 800 no. I have also sent a letter to my Senator last week and didn't get a response yet. We shall see...

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006
and waiting....

newORLEANS said:

granted asylum 01/2000
ND 11/14/2001 NSC
FP 7/16/2004
Code 2 - 8/9/2005
Code 1 - 2/10/2006
LUD 2/15/2006
and waiting....

Same here, my wife got aproved in December 2005, and i am still pending although i am the main applicant.

newORLEANS
pending2001????
ashgajo
I suggest that you start building a paper trail. First, write the service center where your I-485 is pending and inquire about the status of your application - you need to have a return receipt - very important! If there are no changes within 3 weeks, write another letter and mention that you intend to seek a judicial review since adjudicaiton if you case is unreasonbaly long. If your cases are not adjudicated until 09/30/06, you can file Writ of Mandamus. Also, send an inquiry here: NSCLawsuit.Asylum@dhs.gov and do mention that you are committed to seeking manduamus relief if your petition is not adjudicated until 09/30/06. Also, write to the Ombudsman and the Senator representing your area. That's OK if they do not respond. Your goal is to have several proofs (letters and return receipts) that you tried to resolve the issue administratively before you decided to take the matter to the court. Lots of luck and patience to you, guys! We have to fight really hard for our freedom and it takes a few extra steps for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
newORLEANS, don't panic yet. My husband and I also have NDs in 2001. My case is still pending because of name check. In mid July, my husband, the primary asylee, got the same message as yours: his case is under review and he should hear a decision or request for more evidence within 60 days. Now more than 40 days have passed. Today just as my husband started to panic and was talking about what action he wanted to take next week, I checked our online case status and there it is: his case was approved today!

So I think you should hear something from them whithin the timeframe they specified. Of course, as they always say, each individual case is different, but I hope my husband's case can bring some comfort to you. Wish we all good luck!

Did you see the other thread? The new processing date shows that they are processing Aug 2003 now! I guess this gives you guys a reason to call and complain and nag them. They can't tell you that they are still processing 2001s!

Good luck!