Waiting on I-751 and extension expired

mattkelly

Hello all.
I have filed for I-751 in July of 2019. Received the 18 month extension that has expired February of 2021. I have had my interview December 7th of 2020. My drivers license has expired August 18th 2021. I have not received my 10 year green card yet. I can't call and talk to a live person at USCIS, the case status shows "interview scheduled" even we already completed the interview, they have not responded to my case inquiry for a month now. I'm not able to get an answer for anything. What can I do to have my drivers license renewed? How can I obtain another extension and proof for my lawful permanent resident status so my local DMV will issue me a new drivers license? I have tried an info pass appointment, but it says that if you live in the US you're not able to schedule one and call the phone number where You again talk to a robot that can't answer anything besides the obvious. Anyone has any information? I'm filing for my citizenship this week, hoping to have something accomplished, but I'm scared that I won't even be able to enter the building with my expired documents to have my biometrics completed.

You call them to get an appointment for an I-551 stamp if you want proof of permanent residency in the meantime.

Driver's license depends on state. What state are you in?

You call them to get an appointment for an I-551 stamp if you want proof of permanent residency in the meantime.

Driver's license depends on state. What state are you in?
I’m in TN. If i call the number that i can find i just talk to an automated system and not an actual person. Do you know what number i need to call or what options i need to press to get to a live person?

The USCIS contact number is 800-375-5283. I am not sure how you can get to an actual person on the phone line but I think you should be able to.

In related news, USCIS will start sending out 24-month extension letters for I-751 from now on, and will also send it to people who already filed it and for whom it is still pending. Not sure how long it will take for you to receive it though.

When you call the USCIS contact number 800-375-5283, say "infopass". That will connect you to a live person.