Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

After Seeing UDACHA6's reply to my question, I called my attorney and she said it does not affect my wife's case.

Guys, is it true?

Like many of you... in the same boat. Waiting for spouse's approval for the past 3 months now.

Have performed 3 inquiries via the 800 number ... once every month ... with obviously no response ... Is there anyway to contact the immigration officials besides the contractors who work the phones on the 800 numbers?

Does anybody have a sample letter that we can send to a senator to start an inquiry from there?

Thanks for all your help.

still_waiting11 (For spouse though!)

RD 06/25/02
ND 06/26/02
FP1 Done 08/14/02
FP2 Done 12/23/03
RFE Issued 02/25/04; Recd by Lawyer 03/05/04
RFE Replied 03/25/04; Recd by USCIS 03/26/04
3 EADs (Last one approved on 09/07/04)
3 APs (Last one approved on 09/06/04)
Inquiry started (Called 800 number): For both – 08/19/04
Recd Inquiry response for Spouse: 09/07/04 (Stating security back log)
AD for me - 09/20/04
AD for Spouse – Not yet
Last LUD: For Spouse 12/03/04 (Response to inquiry) - The same message comes every other week :(

Still waiting for husband's 485 approval.

I am also in the same boat. My case got approved Nov 9th and I got my passport stamped earlier this month. We are still waiting for my husband's approval. I am the primary and he is the depends. I hope what udacha6 says is not true. Don't know how long we have to wait!
Anyway, we are going to be sending emails/faxes for expediting the case. Hope it works.

RFE Status

How long does it take to see the status change as RFE Received. My Attroney responded to my wife's I-485 RFE (Marriage Certificate), couple of days ago.

To udacha6

Hi udacha6,

Thanks for your information. I think what you were saying makes some sense even though I do not want so. Even though my husband is working with his H-1 too, I am the primary applicant because I have lots of publications and I applied for "outstanding researcher". I hope that the immigration officers can understand that.

Can I ask you more information? You said that your husband's case was transferred. What does that mean? How bad is that? He was asked to be interviewed, what else? How long did he wait?

Thank you.

udacha6 said:
Hey Drniu,

My husband's case was transferred after mine (primary) was approved.
I've noticed that if the spouse has an independent work history in US (has his own H1B, works for a big company etc) then the dependent's case approval takes a lot more than the primary as it seems like they have to review his/her case independetly from yours after yours is approved. In case when a female is primary and a male is dependent's it can take even longer. The name check results take longer as well as there is a general suspicion why is it that the husband doesn't want to file I485 himself and uses his wife to do so.

According to my lawyer only 4% of the EB cases are filed by females and before we filed he strongly recomended that my husband should file instead of me.

Anyway, I hope that your case won't follow the same road as mine and will be approved at the VSC.

Friends:

Will retrogression affect the spouse's case after Jan 01, 2005 ?

My priority date isApr-03 with EB-1 filing

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

my husband called VSC and and was told that they are doing background chack. anybody knows how long it is going to be?
thanks.

Drniu said:
I received emails which said my I-140 and I-485 were approved on 12/14/2004. But there is no news about my husband's I-485 yet - on line message is still showing the fingerprint received.

BTW, my husband got his fingerprint done even earlier than me.

I am also waiting for the spouse's approval

Please add me to the list. Details in the signature below.

My wife got a FP notice after I enquired about her case two weeks back. Her FP is scheduled for Jan 25th. I am not sure how the date retrogression is going to affect her case. :eek: Mine was approved in July 04 (with PD dates Mar 2002).

pv1976 said:
My wife got a FP notice after I enquired about her case two weeks back. Her FP is scheduled for Jan 25th. I am not sure how the date retrogression is going to affect her case. :eek: Mine was approved in July 04 (with PD dates Mar 2002).
Is your wife follow to join or did you both file for 485 together. 6 months is a long time after primary approval.

As far as your question on PD goes, she will not be able to receive her 485 as long as the published PDs move past your PD - Mar 2002.

It was not a follow to join.
My RD is Sep-02 and I added her application to mine back in Aug 03. So, it is kind of "filing together".

Please see my signature for details..
Waiting for spouse's 485 FP notice and hopefully approval after that..
Wondering if her approval will be stopped because of the EB3 retrogression..

pv1976 said:
It was not a follow to join.
My RD is Sep-02 and I added her application to mine back in Aug 03. So, it is kind of "filing together".
Thanks for the info. Since in your case your wife filed much after you filed, there is so much delay. I have not heard of companions getting approved 8-12 months after primary getting approved. Who knows what will happen in the future as this one person / family approval business is a new trend started by USCIS.

cbeking said:
Please see my signature for details..
Waiting for spouse's 485 FP notice and hopefully approval after that..
Wondering if her approval will be stopped because of the EB3 retrogression..
I think in your case your spouse will be affected by PD retrogession. But hope for the best.

Add me to the list

Is any one 100% sure retrogression is going to effect a spouse's case? If yes, what category do THEY fall under, EB1/2/3..does it make sense at all?

EB3 Concurrent TSC
Labor ND 7/02 AD 1/31/04
140/485 ND 4/05 AD 12/17/04
PP Stamping 12/30/04
Wife & 2 Kids waiting (Wife FP done 9/15/04)

HOPEFUL_EVER said:
Is any one 100% sure retrogression is going to effect a spouse's case? If yes, what category do THEY fall under, EB1/2/3..does it make sense at all?

EB3 Concurrent TSC
Labor ND 7/02 AD 1/31/04
140/485 ND 4/05 AD 12/17/04
PP Stamping 12/30/04
Wife & 2 Kids waiting (Wife FP done 9/15/04)
Dependent category and priority date is decided by the primary applicants category, priority date and country of birth. So if you are say an Indian and your spouse is born in Canada, and you are the primary, even she is affected. If it was the other way around, then it would have been fine.

dazzling said:
Dependent category and priority date is decided by the primary applicants category, priority date and country of birth. So if you are say an Indian and your spouse is born in Canada, and you are the primary, even she is affected. If it was the other way around, then it would have been fine.

I know dependent category and PD are the same as those of primary applicant. But country of birth also? Can someone give pointer to source of such info? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spouce issued RFE

Finally on 01/03/05, my wife received an email saying she will receive an RFE.
I am sure it is for her medical reasons since she was pregnant.

My question is: are we going to get it or my attorney will receive it. Do they send 2 seperate notices or just one to your attorney?

Please let me know your experiences.

Spouce I-485: ND: 09/04/03 AD: ???
RFE issued: 01/03/05

In the same boat

Hi, everyone:

I got my I-485 approved on Dec 29.

Waiting for my husband's approval.... I guess I am in the same boat as many of you here. My PD is Oct 2001, so the retrogression will not affect his case.

My husband does have his own H1 history in this country, and even his labor is not yet approved. I hope we don't have to wait too long for his approval.

LC_Virginia.