Waiting for Spouse's approval, Please post here.

I got MEdical RFE for my wife and in the process of getting medicals done.

Though I have one more concern... Is it safe to change the Job while Spouse's case is pending?

Wife's Case Approved after RFE

Please see signature for details. Looks like her name check was done before generating the RFE. So after RFE response was sent, it took very little time for approval.

spouse I-485 is still pending

My EB1-OR I-140 and 485 got approved two days ago. But my wife's 485 status still shows fingerprint received on Nov 4, 2004 (1st FP).
We filed 485 at different time.
My 485 ND is March, 2003.
My wife's 485 ND is Sep 2003.

Does anybody have experience on how long the derivative 485 will get approval?
Thanks.

My I485 was approved in mid_November, but wife's 485 is still pending. All that happened for her was a LUD change in early December.

GivemeGeeCee,

I am in the same boat. My I-485 ND is same as you. 09/04/03.
My I-485 is approved on 12/10/04. My wife was expecting during our medical exam. She has not received her approval yet.

Please keep posting your developemnts. I will do the same.

Thanks,

GivemeGeeCee said:
Any body waiting for Spouse's 485 approval after getting primary approved.

MY 140 and 485 approved on 11/30/2004 but there is no update on wife's case. I am expecting RFE because she was pregnant during our medical exam for 485.

Anyone on the same boat please post your details and if any proactive action is needed please let me know too.

Thanks in advance'

I am also in the same boat. Our RD is 08/27/2003, PD is 06/06/2001. My I-485 is approved on 12/10/2004. My wife was expecting when we went for medicals. Her LUD was 11/30/2004 (finger prints received......blah...blah...) and 12/10/2004, 12/13/2004 no message change.

appvoed!

Hey, guys,
My wife's 485 is approved!
Just minutes ago!

lzhao said:
My EB1-OR I-140 and 485 got approved two days ago. But my wife's 485 status still shows fingerprint received on Nov 4, 2004 (1st FP).
We filed 485 at different time.
My 485 ND is March, 2003.
My wife's 485 ND is Sep 2003.

Does anybody have experience on how long the derivative 485 will get approval?
Thanks.

My wife's 485 approved ...

Primary 485 approved on Oct 20, 2004 and got PP stamping on Nov 16, 2004.
About one month and a half later, my wife's 485 approved on Dec. 7, 2004.

Hope this helps... :)

dashDurai said:
Count me in. However my wife done all the medical and paper work.. but i don't know why .. her papers not moved with mine.. still says FP received.

:confused:
Can I ask you a question? Did they ask for your I-797A H-1B approval notice during the PP stamping?

Thanks a lot

indian25 said:
I'm exactly on the same scenario. I called up USCIS and they asked me to call after 30 days of my approval date which is Dec 29th. Let me know if you get approved or it is just normal.

------------------------------------------
Labor Substitution/EB3/Non Concurrent/VSC
Priority Date: 1999
I-140:
RD: 11 Nov 2003
AD: 22 Jul 2004
I-485
RD: 20 Jan 2004
AD: 29 Nov 2004
Spouse AD ???
FP Done: 18 Nov 2004
Passport stamping scheduled for 12 dec.

Hi, can I ask you a question? Have you done your PP stamping yet? If you did, did they ask for your I-797A H-1B approval notice during the stamping process? I scheduled for 12/28

Thanks a lot..

my spouse's case is not approved yet

I received emails which said my I-140 and I-485 were approved on 12/14/2004. But there is no news about my husband's I-485 yet - on line message is still showing the fingerprint received.

BTW, my husband got his fingerprint done even earlier than me.

should be soon

You should see approval soon.
My 485 was approved on Dec 13. I got my wife's approval today the 16th.

when I go for stamping in philly . Can I ask about my wife's case? Do they have more detailed information than showing on web site?

Hope my husband's case gets approval soon.

Still nothing changed on my husband's case yet. :(

Drniu said:
I received emails which said my I-140 and I-485 were approved on 12/14/2004. But there is no news about my husband's I-485 yet - on line message is still showing the fingerprint received.

BTW, my husband got his fingerprint done even earlier than me.

Hey Drniu,

My husband's case was transferred after mine (primary) was approved.
I've noticed that if the spouse has an independent work history in US (has his own H1B, works for a big company etc) then the dependent's case approval takes a lot more than the primary as it seems like they have to review his/her case independetly from yours after yours is approved. In case when a female is primary and a male is dependent's it can take even longer. The name check results take longer as well as there is a general suspicion why is it that the husband doesn't want to file I485 himself and uses his wife to do so.

According to my lawyer only 4% of the EB cases are filed by females and before we filed he strongly recomended that my husband should file instead of me.

Anyway, I hope that your case won't follow the same road as mine and will be approved at the VSC.

udacha6 said:
Hey Drniu,

My husband's case was transferred after mine (primary) was approved.
I've noticed that if the spouse has an independent work history in US (has his own H1B, works for a big company etc) then the dependent's case approval takes a lot more than the primary as it seems like they have to review his/her case independetly from yours after yours is approved. In case when a female is primary and a male is dependent's it can take even longer. The name check results take longer as well as there is a general suspicion why is it that the husband doesn't want to file I485 himself and uses his wife to do so.

According to my lawyer only 4% of the EB cases are filed by females and before we filed he strongly recomended that my husband should file instead of me.

Anyway, I hope that your case won't follow the same road as mine and will be approved at the VSC.

Wow - I don't know how true this is but this is sexism. This is definitely cause for a lawsuit :rolleyes:

My case got approved on 2nd Dec. but there is now change for my wife till now. She did not get any FP notice yet. Any idea???

Please see my signature.....

vhooloo,

There are no legal grounds for a lawsuit, just a trend that evidently a lot of lawyers know about. The world around us is still very much patriarchal so when a female takes a leading role on anything it is mistrusted. Been there, seen that firsthand.

It took more than 2.5 years to get my case approved and my lawyer had stated to me several times "Told you so....". I guess there is a real concern behind it as usually jobs held by men are in direct competition with American workers so when a female application is approved it is indirectly approved as two EB applications instead of just one.