Waiting for Receipt in Dallas for my wife's adjustment of status after my Citizenship

Indousa: do you think I could use AP after I get it? there is some discussion on the net saying that it is still not safe to use AP for fun travel (vocation, etc). Have your parents done that? Thank you.

Takealook:

Yes, my parents have applied for AP twice & got approved both times without problems. They also traveled abroad & returned on AP without any hassles. But the best policy is to cite a compelling reason for travel on AP - not for fun/vacation, etc.

My parents have applied for AP using medical reasons...hope that works for them.

BTW once they applied for AP at Dallas, they got receipt regarding the payment within a week itself - just FYI for AP ... Looks like the processing might have got faster for AP at least!

SVNagari and others: Joined the boat recently after my Oath on Aug 20. Need to apply for my wife's I-130/485/EAD/AP at the Dallas DO.

Went to the DO website but could not find specific info on whether I-693 needs to be submitted TOGETHER with the 130/485 package. Will BCIS request it at a later point {FP or interview} if not found with the package initially, or will they reject the initial package altogether?

I will take your advice on the cashiers check seriously.

BTW, i made it thanks to your referral to John coryn. Else, it may have been 04.

Itwo

Itoo....it is not necessary at the outset to submit the I-693 (medical report). If you don't submit it now, the INS will request it during the final stage of the process, i.e. at the interview stage. It is better to do it at that time because the medical report has a 12 mo. validity. Usually it takes at least 18 mos. to get the GC....if you submit the 693 now, you run the risk of being asked to submit it again (after the expiry of the 12 mo. period). That would mean spending $$ twice to get the same report.

it might not be true. my wife submitted I485/i-130 and was asked for 693 2 months later. as to 693, you could get vaccine at county clinic (100 yards west of coit road on I630 service road west bound, a two story white building). it costs $3 per visit (any number of shots). J JH MING charges $65 for the rest checkup including X-ray. My friend told us this cheap route.

Hi Itoo,

It is nice to know that you have got your Citizenship with help of Senator. I am sure it helps. For my wife I have applied 485,130,693,.. I did not apply EAD/AP, but I have applied EAD after one month (waited for receipt date, It never come except Payment receipt) to Chicago office and we have completed FP (for EAD) and waiting for EAD by next month.

Good Luck
SV

I-485 Receipt

SV,

I just got the receipt for my wife I-485 and I-131(AP). It’s just a payment receipt. Applied on June 23, 2003 and got the receipt on Aug 23, 2003. Exactly two months.

There is printed sheet attach with the receipt, it mentions the processing time for I-485 (30 months), I-131 (4 months), ....so.

Also, there is an 8-digit hand written number on this printed sheet. I don't know what is this number, it is not my A number.
I went to INS online Case status screen and entered this number, it gave me an error stating that Case number needs to my 13-digit.

Anybody knows what is this number for? Can I use this number to check the status online.

- ZS

No Zeeshan...you cannot check the status of cases filed at local INS offices. That number on the receipt is pretty much useless to you, but you should keep the receipt as proof of filing the application. When you receive the approved AP, you will get the A#. Most I485/130 applications filed at the Dallas Office usually take 18-21 mos for processing.

any idea of AP

At least it is predictable in Dallas. It takes 2 month to receive a receipt. It is long, but is predictable.

Any idea of how long to get AP these days? (Indousa says 4 months) my wife submitted hers by end of April. In between she was asked for 693 and took 20 days to send to BCIS. Do you think I need to write a letter to BCIS?

Cokecola, your wife should be close to getting her AP now. I don't think the delay in mailing the 693 medical report should have any impact on the processing of the AP. The 693 is for the processing of I485, not for the AP.

zeeshan

I also received similar information after two months, Unfortunately I did not send EAD/AP along with AOS package (When I downloaded the package these two forms were not included!!!???), then I have applied EAD separately, but I mailed to Chicago. I have no information about AOS filing except the Payment receipt. Waiting for EAD by next month (Hopefully!!), Please update any progress.

Good Luck
SV

I applied for AP at dallas local off for my parents. I heard that they are required to go in-person for some sign/finger-printing..is that true? I thot it shoudl come in mail??

Also please post any further dev for dallas local office...

MV,
this is news to me....my parents did not have to undergo such finger-printing at the Dallas office for AP approval. They received it in the mail. Are u sure it is not GC related FP?

my wife applied AP at end of April at Dallas Local. No word from BCIS. I wrote them a letter a week ago. I will you know when she gets it. in the meantime, please post your experience when you get it.

Cokecola,
You can call up the BCIS 800# & ask them the normal time frame for obtaining AP at the Dallas District Office. If you have waited more than their stipulated time, ask them to inquire w/Dallas office on your behalf......may work.

Indousa,

That's what I am thinking....it may not be AP related! I hope to get it in mail. thx for the info..

Coke, 5 mths is a waiting long period for AP since its more than double the processing time for what dallas local off has specified for AP. You should contact them ASAP.
My parents applied in end of July for AP and have not heard anything yet. I might contact them next month and see if that helps!

-mv

Update on AP

Cokecola,

I just received the approval for AP for my wife. Below is the detailed.

- Applied for AP and Adjustment of Status(I-485) on June 23.
- Recieved AP approval on Sept 12. Valid for one year, Multiple entry.
- Recieved finger printing notification on Aug 28 in relation to Adjustment of Status application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Now I am worried. I may need to goto local office to do an inquiry.

Last edited by a moderator: