Waiting for oath

samadss

Registered Users (C)
My father cleared his interview and citizenship exam in June 2019. Since then he has been waiting for his oath ceremony. Any idea how long do we need to wait and is there anything we can do to expedite this case?

No. We never got the written decision from USCIS.

All we got was form N-652 with two check marks against "You passed the tests of English and US History and government" and "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application". Interview was on June 26th 2019.

Does this mean that USCIS is still evaluating his application even though he passed the tests?

What does the case status say? ( if he filed online, note there may be more info on “myuscis” website than on the uscis online case status tool.)

So he technically speaking hasn’t cleared the interview if a decision is yet to be made. You need to follow up with USCIS to figure out what the case status is.

I didn’t actually get a “written decision” either though, the next thing I got physically after the form with the boxes checked (and I also got ”decision cannot be made yet” or however it’s phrased) at the interview, was the oath scheduling letter. (I think my online status changed to inline for oath in the interim though.) I am surprised OP does not seem to have been following the case on uscis case status page. I hope nothing went astray in the mail.

Uscis online is still reflecting pre interview status that an interview has been scheduled. It never changed after conclusion of the interview. It has been 8 months now.

So he technically speaking hasn’t cleared the interview if a decision is yet to be made. You need to follow up with USCIS to figure out what the case status is.
Should we simply send them a letter or would you recommend talking to local senator etc?

I didn’t actually get a “written decision” either though, the next thing I got physically after the form with the boxes checked (and I also got ”decision cannot be made yet” or however it’s phrased) at the interview, was the oath scheduling letter. (I think my online status changed to inline for oath in the interim though.) I am surprised OP does not seem to have been following the case on uscis case status page. I hope nothing went astray in the mail.

I see. I got recommended for approval at the end of mine. Approval notice was posted to my account by the next day, the approval notice showed up in the mail a couple of days later followed by the Oath notification a couple of days later.

Should we simply send them a letter or would you recommend talking to local senator etc?

Confirm which of the online websites you’re using to check, like Susie asked above.

To follow up on the case, you’ll need to call the USCIS 1 800 number and speak with a service representative.

FYI the reason i asked about which website, is because the myuscis updates at more steps than the case status online. Myuscis had “you attended your interview”, which online case status didn’t. Of course, it’s possible that different FOs update differently, I’m not sure about that.

I see. I got recommended for approval at the end of mine. Approval notice was posted to my account by the next day, the approval notice showed up in the mail a couple of days later followed by the Oath notification a couple of days later.
My USCIS account simply had an electronic update for that, saying “We approved your application. Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony. We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony.“ But that was the only notice of approval, nothing mailed. The 4 documents mailed were receipt notice, bio appointment scheduled, interview scheduled, oath ceremony scheduled.