Waiting Asylum decision

Which one comes first. Fees waived or decision mailed. Thanks
"Fees were waived" is the best status one could receive as it means that the Asylum office requested an EAD for you and the fees for this EAD were waived.
On the other hand, "Decision was mailed" could mean a lot of things:
1. Decision was mailed and the EAD colck is currently running, could be recommend approval or referral to court.
2. Decision was mailed and the EAD colck is currently stopped, there are two possibilities:
a. If out of status: then it is approval
b. If in status: approval or final deny.

Hey guys I received my EAD catigory A05 TODAY.

Thank every body for the information so far. I am free from the strees. MY case went very smooth. please an advice will be that if you want to file for asylum take your time and get all you paper work and get a good lawyer. Then be able to prove anything you say in you declaration with documentation. and your story should be consistent with your documentation. Then at the interview. if you can not remember something just PLEASE go ahead and tell the officer you can not quiet remember that. do not lie. then he will see something different in your documentation. I did gave some two dates wrongly. and he told me it was not correct. Then he told me if i dont know I should say I dont know or i can not remmeber.

Thanks to everyone
I wish everybody the best

Hey guys I received my EAD catigory A05 TODAY.

Thank every body for the information so far. I am free from the strees. MY case went very smooth. please an advice will be that if you want to file for asylum take your time and get all you paper work and get a good lawyer. Then be able to prove anything you say in you declaration with documentation. and your story should be consistent with your documentation. Then at the interview. if you can not remember something just PLEASE go ahead and tell the officer you can not quiet remember that. do not lie. then he will see something different in your documentation. I did gave some two dates wrongly. and he told me it was not correct. Then he told me if i dont know I should say I dont know or i can not remmeber.

Thanks to everyone
I wish everybody the best
Congrats on your approval.

I have a question. Is it possible that the officer might ask you about the dates of events from the evidence that you submit based on your country of origin conditions? I mean it is very likely that one gets questioned about the dates in his/her personal statements or letters of support, but it would be very difficult to remember the exact dates that particular events happened in your country.

How long did your interview take?

"Fees were waived" is the best status one could receive as it means that the Asylum office requested an EAD for you and the fees for this EAD were waived.
On the other hand, "Decision was mailed" could mean a lot of things:
1. Decision was mailed and the EAD colck is currently running, could be recommend approval or referral to court.
2. Decision was mailed and the EAD colck is currently stopped, there are two possibilities:
a. If out of status: then it is approval
b. If in status: approval or final deny.

Thanks for your explicit reply. When u use the Z receipt for asylum it says "fees were waived" few weeks back I applied for EAD renewal and paid for the card, when I use the L number for the receipt, it says finger print reviewed. Now it shows validations error with the Z number I am praying for the best. Will keep you updated. Thanks

Thanks for your explicit reply. When u use the Z receipt for asylum it says "fees were waived" few weeks back I applied for EAD renewal and paid for the card, when I use the L number for the receipt, it says finger print reviewed. Now it shows validations error with the Z number I am praying for the best. Will keep you updated. Thanks
The validation error happens because they are updating your case in the system. Keep your eyes on your mail. You will receive the decision letter and I-94 in one mail and EAD A05 in another.

I have a question. Is it possible that the officer might ask you about the dates of events from the evidence that you submit based on your country of origin conditions? I mean it is very likely that one gets questioned about the dates in his/her personal statements or letters of support, but it would be very difficult to remember the exact dates that particular events happened in your country.

Yes He asked all the dates those events took place as i put then in my support letter or my declaration. Please be ready to anwer lots of questions from your story and country condition.

My interview lasted for about 3 hours. Then Do not answer a question you did not understand it. ask him to clarafy the question.

Hi friends
I am reading your comments from few days. I had my interview few days back and my decision is coming on 25th Wednesday as officer told me to come and pick up. How earlier usually the status change online ? Does it change on the day of decision ? It is still showing decision pending.

When you pick up the decision, the status will change depending on the result.
Thanks for your reply. It does not get change before that ? Some people got status decision has been made and their ead clock gets stopped. I think it get changed when they made the decision and update it online.

If it doesn't change that means you are being referred to court. Calm down and get the decision first. All are handled differently. Mine didn't change. Wish you luck

I put in alot of effort in remembering the dates, those are dates important to my life. I was very consistent in my dates and I could tell the AO was impressed, he asked how did i manage to remember the dates. I told him those dates are like resounding memories. At some points he wrote down the dates I was mentioning.

Caution: If you are not too sure about the dates use the phrase "sometime around....use the year

Hi friends
I am reading your comments from few days. I had my interview few days back and my decision is coming on 25th Wednesday as officer told me to come and pick up. How earlier usually the status change online ? Does it change on the day of decision ? It is still showing decision pending.
It will mostly postpone more than 2 weeks

Hi. I got my interview 4 weeks ago. At the interview the AO told me i had to come back to pick up decision after 2 weeks. On that day, she called me and said to me that i didnt have to come and the decision would be mailed out to me. Until now when i check on system it said then decision is pending more than 60 days. But 5 days ago she called my attorney to ask my EAD card number so she can reference it. What does this mean?
Thanks

Does anybody know how long the time now between the applied date and the interview notice
Is it more than 2 months now
Any idea

Does anybody know how long the time now between the applied date and the interview notice
Is it more than 2 months now
Any idea
it's about 5-6 weeks if you live in the same city as one of the main asylum offices in the US. This might change though because of the new third-country asylum rule that make a lot of applicants ineligible and clears the way

The validation error happens because they are updating your case in the system. Keep your eyes on your mail. You will receive the decision letter and I-94 in one mail and EAD A05 in another.

Greetings everyone. I got my approval mail yesterday

Timeline:
Filed 04/13/2017
EAd: 10/27/2017
Interview: 01/15/2019
Approval: 09/05/2019.

Tips: Study your case to your finger tips and do not rely on your lawyer. My Lawyer just helped with paper work, she was present at the interview, she never said a word, even the AO asked her if she had a closing remark, she said no.

Spend time on your dates a good mastery of it is a plus.

Do not hold back any emotions. If you are not sure of any date, do not say it. Positive attitude is great.

I wish you all the best. My case was about Sexual orientation.

I pray for you all. May God touch the hearts if the officials to locate your case.