Waiting Asylum decision

Hello All,

I have got the following answer from my Congressman after he follow the progress being make up on my case:

1568235364338.png

1- Do you guys know what does " pending one or more mandatory security checks " mean?

2- What does "Until all security checks are completed, a final decision can’t be made on the case," mean?

3- Has anyone face the same case.

I have done my interview on April 10th, 2018, New Orleans, Louisiana office.
My case shows "Decision Is Pending" for 966 days till today.

Hello All,

I have got the following answer from my Congressman after he follow the progress being make up on my case:

View attachment 1246

1- Do you guys know what does " pending one or more mandatory security checks " mean?

2- What does "Until all security checks are completed, a final decision can’t be made on the case," mean?

3- Has anyone face the same case.

I have done my interview on April 10th, 2018, New Orleans, Louisiana office.
My case shows "Decision Is Pending" for 966 days till today.
Are you in Status?

It mean exactly what the text says. Multiple agencies conduct background checks, and until all checks are complete, USCIS considers a case pending. These checks could take weeks, months, or years; basically, however long the US government needs to satisfy itself before it grants an immigration benefit.
Let’s assume the background check goes well, I may or may not get approved? The approval depends on the background check, or not

Let’s assume the background check goes well, I may or may not get approved? The approval depends on the background check, or not

There may be untold number of factors in an approval or denial, background checks being merely one. The possibility exits that someone could pass all checks and still be denied if found otherwise ineligible for the benefit they're seeking.

Thanks for you response but I am bit confused here if I scroll down (please see the attached pic) and see this update I am like what is that since I already had my interview last year Aug 2018. Why is it showing today’s date.
would you please tell me in which website I can see my case history?
Thanks

Hello Everyone, As i told you guys yesterday about my case which said fee were waived, today it is showing user diffined error. I am very worried now at the moment.

Hello Everyone, As i told you guys yesterday about my case which said fee were waived, today it is showing user diffined error. I am very worried now at the moment.

You're fine. You just didn't check your case before it changed from "we have reached a decision in your case" to "fees were waived." But if you had checked your case's history, you would have seen that there. The system is super glitchy. I receive a similar error when I tried to check my Refugee Travel Document status after it was shipped. It still shows an error and I got my RTD several months ago. Just relax and wait for the decision letter or EAD to come in the mail.

You're fine. You just didn't check your case before it changed from "we have reached a decision in your case" to "fees were waived." But if you had checked your case's history, you would have seen that there. The system is super glitchy. I receive a similar error when I tried to check my Refugee Travel Document status after it was shipped. It still shows an error and I got my RTD several months ago. Just relax and wait for the decision letter or EAD to come in the mail.
But what EAD is this because I have gotten my EAD some months ago. Now they started talking about it again. So I dont know if this one will be the non restricted EAD

I want to ask that if my case is approved can I travel out of the US for two weeks and come back?

@appobreno. #1. USCIS always automatically renews your EAD when asylum is granted. So it's a new EAD valid for 2 years. When you are granted asylum, you don't actually need an EAD to work, but it's a good idea to have one as it's a very handy and easy way to prove you have valid status to work and live in the US. There's no such thing as an unrestricted EAD. The EAD will help you get an SSN, but you need either the approval letter or your I-94 to be able to get an unrestricted SSN card.

#2. After you get your approval letter and your I-94, you can file an application for a Refugee Travel Document. It takes an average of 6 months to get one. It's very important you don't leave the country until after you receive it. You cannot come back to the US without a valid Refugee Travel Document. Also, you cannot travel using your passport if you have one. You must travel using only the Refugee Travel Document. And under no circumstances should you go back to your home country. 2 week trips are OK, but try not to spend too much time outside of the US until you get a green card one year from now.

hi guys what the dmv need for driven lichens only ssn or ssn and work permeant

I believe each state has different requirements for this. If you google your state's DMV, they'll have a website with the list of documents that are accepted. An EAD is only valid for 2 years, I would bring your unrestricted social security card (if you have one). If you don't have one, they'll likely want to see the I-94 or the approval letter that says you have been granted asylum indefinitely.