Waiting Asylum decision

Thank you very much ,I do not undersatnd the whole process .I called asylum office today but they did not answer me .they told me you need an inquiry for thier office so I am going back to my local office to get an inquiry ! onthe otherhand at infopass center the officer told me the GC unite have not recieved my application yet and it is still is at asylum unite.actually I am very confused and nreves .

Sorry if i freaked you out pepsico, of course karri2008 might know better than me he had been more than a year on this, but the whole thing is so confusing, we are not lawyers here, if I were you I would consult a lawyer at this point, according to you, you have SS# through your school that allow you to work at school and also you expect EAD based on your asylum pending. If I were you when I get the EAD I would go back to SS office and update my info's on their system. The SS# will be the same as karri2008 said, but your file will be updated. Some employers might use e-verify system that check both EAD and SS# so getting things in order will put you in a good shape there. Of course this is my sole opinion here I have zero experience on these issues and I am not a lawyer!

Thanks danti,what you are saying is pefectly correct ,I actually went on their website and I saw that you can change your work status .I will be receiving my EAD by thursday,so i will go over there to change it ,that's not big deal ,thanks again to karri and to you for the replies.Also by the way ,i copy and paste the info i read on the SSA website,you can also go an read it at http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/ans...hanging-work-status-on-a-social-security-card

Changing work status on a Social Security card

How do I change my work status on my Social Security card?

To change the work status shown on a Social Security card:

Step 1: Gather documents proving your:

Identity
Department of Homeland Security work authorization
Immigration status
Step 2: Complete an Application for a Social Security Card.

Step 3: Take or mail your completed application and documents to your local Social Security office or your local Social Security Card Center.

All documents must be either originals or certified copies by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. Any documents you mail to us will be returned to you along with a receipt.

Important Information

We will mail your card as soon as we have verified your documents. You should receive your card within 10 business days from the date on your receipt. Your replacement card will have the same number as your previous card.

Hey guys ,
I know this is not the right place to post this but i wanted to share it with you guys.It concerns the taxes most of us will have to pay now that we have our EAD cards ,so we can work.the following links give very good info on what allowances we will have to get and what has to be withdraw so as not to pay little nor more taxes and be owing something at the end of the year.
http://lifetuner.org/taxes/tax-withholding-and-estimated-taxes/ , https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...1nbrsJ&sig=AHIEtbSgcecDeFOZu_0ivwursZfN4Xr3gg

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Forms,-Publications,-and-Other-Tax-Products

Why it became so silent here? :(

Hello everyone.

Thank you for such an informative forum and for such informative posts. You guys helped each other a lot and me as well cause I'm on the same boat. Thank you!!!

By the way, why is so silent here? Does anyone get any news?

Hello everyone.

Thank you for such an informative forum and for such informative posts. You guys helped each other a lot and me as well cause I'm on the same boat. Thank you!!!

By the way, why is so silent here? Does anyone get any news?

Well I geuss most of us are still waiting for news from USCIS,when they shut someone ,we shut it too in this forum ,nice to meet you here

This year will be definitely happy for all of us! :)

Well I geuss most of us are still waiting for news from USCIS,when they shut someone ,we shut it too in this forum ,nice to meet you here

Thank you for your reply pepsico, I highly appreciate it. I'm still waiting too. By the way, how is karri_2008? I know he has been waiting for a long time too...

And of course, Happy New Year everyone! I do believe this year will be successful for all of us, and all our dreams will be finally fulfilled! God bless us all on this road!

Thank you for your reply pepsico, I highly appreciate it. I'm still waiting too. By the way, how is karri_2008? I know he has been waiting for a long time too...

And of course, Happy New Year everyone! I do believe this year will be successful for all of us, and all our dreams will be finally fulfilled! God bless us all on this road!

Thanks Veronika_S we pray for a better year than others with successful results

Question

Hello everyone,

I am a student doing a project in a course on public policy, in which I am comparing the Asylum policies of the U.S. to other countries.
I've read some of the writing in this forum and want to commend the strength and determination that you've shown, and also given to others while they go through the asylum process.

My main questions are after you arrive in the U.S.;
  1. Where do you live (does the government provide some sort of housing?) while your asylum claim is being processed?
  2. Are you allowed to work while your claim is being processed, or only after you have been granted asylum? (I have read about the EAD, but I just want to make sure I understand the situation correctly)

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, and I wish you success in your individual cases.

Thanks,
D.Power

My contribution inline:

Hello everyone,

I am a student doing a project in a course on public policy, in which I am comparing the Asylum policies of the U.S. to other countries.
I've read some of the writing in this forum and want to commend the strength and determination that you've shown, and also given to others while they go through the asylum process.

My main questions are after you arrive in the U.S.;
  1. Where do you live (does the government provide some sort of housing?) while your asylum claim is being processed?

## Not, you don´t have any benefit until you get your asylum approved. After that the help is limited. The case is different for refugees. ##
  2. Are you allowed to work while your claim is being processed, or only after you have been granted asylum? (I have read about the EAD, but I just want to make sure I understand the situation correctly)

## In this case you won´t get any work permit until:
    ## a) you got your asylum approved.
    ## b) After six month that you applied for asylum and your case still pending.

## For all this there is enough information on uscis website, this forum or anyway you can Google it.

## Good luck.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, and I wish you success in your individual cases.

Thanks,
D.Power

Asylum Interview and decision...

Hello Guys,

Last week i had my Asylum interview in CA, the interview was very starnge and i wanted to share the details with you all and also keep track on progress of my case, so that anyone can benifit from it and at the same time i can benifit from you all.

My interview lasted for less than 40 minutes all together.
The AO didnt really ask me any difficult questions, rather he asked me extremely simple questions.
The AO didnt look at my face all the time during the interview, just once or twice he looked at me and he was extremely busy typing his notes.
During the interview i kind of felt the AO has already made his decision even before starting the interview and that the interview was justa formality, i hope i will get approved or else it would be unfair because if AO had any doubts about my case then i would expect him to ask me more details.

Even my lawyer said the same, the AO might have already made his decision.

Did anyone experience the same situation.

Thanks
sahmed.

Hello anyone!

Just saying hi and kind of introducing myself. (It feels kinda weirdy/nerdy/formal!) Well, I am someone who needs to apply for asylum. However, I would have to apply due to extenuating circumstances, past the 1 yr deadline... :( I was wondering if any of you know of or belong to any other forums with asylum info? I want to learn as much as possible because... I do not have enough money to hire a good lawyer, I am out of status, I have 2 young kids who fled our country with me, but mostly because I, well we can not go back to our country... We just can not. I do not know what would happen to us, I am very scared to go back. Please and thank you if you can provide any links so I can begin to prepare my case. Thank you!

Hello Journeytrekker,
I can also advice you these websites

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/
http://discuss.ilw.com/forumdisplay.php?25-Immigration-Discussion
http://www.qesehmk.org/forums/forum.php

Added to that I also used this website to ask lawyers questions and its free (http://www.avvo.com/ask-a-lawyer?ref=header_navbar)

By the way ,do you need to know how to apply for asylum or you just have some kind of question on your case??

Goodluck to you ,I will advice you to ask as many questions as you can to forums before sending your files to USCIS,also it must be within 1 year deadline because after that if you did not file ,you will surely have to need a lawyer or you will need to provide them with enough information to proof why you waited after the 1 year deadline.

Also ,if you have specific questions ,you need to post them ,there are folks who surely had the same problem as you ,I do know some folks who applied after the 1 yr deadline ,but try to check the forum to find those questions.

Good luck

Hello Guys,

Last week i had my Asylum interview in CA, the interview was very starnge and i wanted to share the details with you all and also keep track on progress of my case, so that anyone can benifit from it and at the same time i can benifit from you all.

My interview lasted for less than 40 minutes all together.
The AO didnt really ask me any difficult questions, rather he asked me extremely simple questions.
The AO didnt look at my face all the time during the interview, just once or twice he looked at me and he was extremely busy typing his notes.
During the interview i kind of felt the AO has already made his decision even before starting the interview and that the interview was justa formality, i hope i will get approved or else it would be unfair because if AO had any doubts about my case then i would expect him to ask me more details.

Even my lawyer said the same, the AO might have already made his decision.

Did anyone experience the same situation.

Thanks
sahmed.

stay calm and wait ,don't speculate .Its normal for him to type his notes ,because later he will have to compare what you said verbally and what you said in written to see if they match and to see if you say sense and will check for country conditions.Just wait ,goodluck

Pepsico,

Thank you so much for your answer. Thank you for the links you posted. I will try to eat all the threads in the forum. If any has been/applied with extenuating circumstances, please let me know so I could get an idea if my case could proceed. Anyways, I will set some appointments with lawyers to talk about my case. But there is no replacement to learn from you guys, that's priceless learning. I might ask lawyers some questions, but reading about your experiences can give some light/solution I am not aware of.

Thank you Pepsico again for your welcome! I hope I could be of any help in this forum.

hi all.
me and my spouse applied for asylum in december 2012.
interview had on february 7, 2013
our attorney from the beginning said that we have strong case and the affidavit was big and real (we are international family couple from Egypt - he is egyptian christian)
the interview was good and we felt the AO was confident and satisfied.... she said to wait the answer within 2 weeks by mail.
we are in status. but we started to worry about the silence from them... ((((

last week we received the following mail:

DECISION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR ASYLUM

Dear Mr.....

You have just completed your interview with an AO. You are not required to appear in person at this office to receive the Asylum Officer's decision on your application. Rather, the decision will be mailed to the most recent address you provided this office
In order to ensure delivery of your decision, you must report any change of address to this office within 10 (ten) days of such change. The mailing of your decision will not affect your eligibility to apply for employment authorization under.....
You may request employment .... by applying 150 days after filling a complete asylum application

what does it mean?
any advise what to do?

Noid

stay calm and wait ,don't speculate .Its normal for him to type his notes ,because later he will have to compare what you said verbally and what you said in written to see if they match and to see if you say sense and will check for country conditions.Just wait ,goodluck

Hello Pepsico and others,
Got NOID today just few minutes back, very disappointed.
The NOID was based on few of the Human right reports which my lawyer submitted and the AO also commented country conditions doesn't match.For one of the Human rights reports which we submitted, the AO responded by providing us with another link where an Auto-Rickshaw driver has given his interview on rediff.com. How strange is this an AO is going to believe in some article/interview given by an auto-driver??? god knows who published the article.

I need to know what are the chances of getting approvals under NOID, assuming my Lawyer will deligently respond to AO queries.

Reagrds
Sahmed.

hi all.
me and my spouse applied for asylum in december 2012.
interview had on february 7, 2013
our attorney from the beginning said that we have strong case and the affidavit was big and real (we are international family couple from Egypt - he is egyptian christian)
the interview was good and we felt the AO was confident and satisfied.... she said to wait the answer within 2 weeks by mail.
we are in status. but we started to worry about the silence from them... ((((

last week we received the following mail:

DECISION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR ASYLUM

Dear Mr.....

You have just completed your interview with an AO. You are not required to appear in person at this office to receive the Asylum Officer's decision on your application. Rather, the decision will be mailed to the most recent address you provided this office
In order to ensure delivery of your decision, you must report any change of address to this office within 10 (ten) days of such change. The mailing of your decision will not affect your eligibility to apply for employment authorization under.....
You may request employment .... by applying 150 days after filling a complete asylum application

what does it mean?
any advise what to do?

Hey its fine ,don't worry ,they haven't yet decided on your case,must of the time they say so because your case is of low profile now meaning since you are still in status ,they dont give you a lot of priveledge ,they usually give privelegde to those out of status ,so dont worry ,just wait and pray that it comes out fine.For employnment you guys must wait after 150 days from the day you guys sent the asylum application.Good luck

Hello Pepsico and others,
Got NOID today just few minutes back, very disappointed.
The NOID was based on few of the Human right reports which my lawyer submitted and the AO also commented country conditions doesn't match.For one of the Human rights reports which we submitted, the AO responded by providing us with another link where an Auto-Rickshaw driver has given his interview on rediff.com. How strange is this an AO is going to believe in some article/interview given by an auto-driver??? god knows who published the article.

I need to know what are the chances of getting approvals under NOID, assuming my Lawyer will deligently respond to AO queries.

Reagrds
Sahmed.

Sorry to hear that ,from what I see ,you are still in status thats why they gave you a NOID statement,what I will advice you is to look for as many evidence for your case like reports from the US state department and not only that but also ask for news papers that talk about your case ,infact look for mor powerful evidence because that is what they will look at ,they will try to see if it makes sense and if you actually added new powerful evidence.All I can say is that if your case is strong with good evidence ,they will give you asylum.Good luck

Sorry to hear that ,from what I see ,you are still in status thats why they gave you a NOID statement,what I will advice you is to look for as many evidence for your case like reports from the US state department and not only that but also ask for news papers that talk about your case ,infact look for mor powerful evidence because that is what they will look at ,they will try to see if it makes sense and if you actually added new powerful evidence.All I can say is that if your case is strong with good evidence ,they will give you asylum.Good luck
Thanks for the kind words Pepsico, yes you are right i am still in status so technically this is my last chance, as i don't have the option to be referred to IJ, i wish i had that option considering the fact the attitude and behavior of AO who conducted my interview was extremely strange and i am worried he will be the one who will validate my new evidence again.Anyways i will start collecting any new/strong evidence and lets see what happens.Thanks for your kind words it gives people like us the courage to fight back.

Thanks
Sahmed

Thanks for the kind words Pepsico, yes you are right i am still in status so technically this is my last chance, as i don't have the option to be referred to IJ, i wish i had that option considering the fact the attitude and behavior of AO who conducted my interview was extremely strange and i am worried he will be the one who will validate my new evidence again.Anyways i will start collecting any new/strong evidence and lets see what happens.Thanks for your kind words it gives people like us the courage to fight back.

Thanks
Sahmed
Does anyone know if i can re-open/re-apply for Asylum after getting completely denied still being on legal status.

If not then what are the circumstances under which i can re-open the case.I would like to get interviewed by a differen AO, as i believe my case is extremely strong with several supporting documents and incidents.But the problem is it looks like the AO already made up his mind/dicision of denying my case even before interviewing me.

Thanks
Sahmed...