Waiting Asylum decision

not a problem, this forum helped me a lot so i am just paying back.

I would also suggest to not loose the student status till you get approved, oh yea keep checking online on uscis website, you would be able to see their if you are approved couple of days before you get letter, wishing you good luck, i know it is really hard to wait and i cried many times during that time.

Derivative asylum

Anybody know about I-730 processing time please share..

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting........

The waiting continues here!!!! unbearable sometimes. It has been a long time ago when I first applied, it is more than 8 months and it seems like more than 8 years............................................kind of disappointing to be pendent of something that you wait for so long and still don't know what to expect.

The waiting continues here!!!! unbearable sometimes. It has been a long time ago when I first applied, it is more than 8 months and it seems like more than 8 years............................................kind of disappointing to be pendent of something that you wait for so long and still don't know what to expect.

I totally feel you and it must be tiresome to wait this long. Did you do another inquiry? is it pending with background checks or what? I am wondering they should've made initial decision by now. Either recommended approval or noid? but you haven't indicated any of those, so what should be the reason?
I am waiting for over 3 months now and haven't heard anything either.

I totally feel you and it must be tiresome to wait this long. Did you do another inquiry? is it pending with background checks or what? I am wondering they should've made initial decision by now. Either recommended approval or noid? but you haven't indicated any of those, so what should be the reason?
I am waiting for over 3 months now and haven't heard anything either.

Yeah, I understand what you mean! a decission should have been made by now, NOID, recomended or Final approval. But I don't get it, I made another inquiry and the response came the same, waiting for back ground check! as i understand a recomended approval should be issued in such cases or if NOID no need to wait for background check! but it is what it is. Really painful to be waiting for long time.
I hoppe you get your approval soon. Man it is not easy! and there is nothing that you can do about it.
Good luck to you.

It's really quite long I am quite surprise they did not even give you recommended approval. My case also took close to 6 month but when my Interview was over within a month I got recommended approval and when I called the USCIS they said my background verification is pending so they can not issue the final approval without getting my biometric result. USCIS issue recommended approval when the interview is done and cleared but your biometric is pending. Please check with the USCIS I can understand Biometric may take long but I dont know why they have not given you Recommended approval.

hi guys i called the service office and they said the decision is not there right now, but should be receive soon before end of ths month.i am f1 student and was a minor whn applyng, can anybody help me. how does it sound like?

Weird things are happening on my case. I have pending case more than 1.5 years. I have an EAD with category A05(valid for 1 year!) but I can't get SSN because office says, your case looks granted in our system and you have to bring your approval letter to us to get SSN. They suggest, ''you would talk to Immigration Office''. Today I went to Immigration Office via InfoPass to talk to officer. I explained my situation, she has checked their system than she said ''your case looks granted 1 year ago, why you haven't applied for I-485 yet? I am suprised and I explained I haven't gotten any approval letter from Asylum Office and I went there maybe 5-6 times. Asylum Office says, my case is pending. After that officer has told me, just go to Asylum Office and tell them to talk their supervisor. Tell them to fix your issue on the system.

I am gonna go there this Friday. I am gonna try to explain to them and I hope they are gonna listen me.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to listen them. Thank you.

Weird things are happening on my case. I have pending case more than 1.5 years. I have an EAD with category A05(valid for 1 year!) obut I can't get SSN because office says, your case looks granted in our system and you have to bring your approval letter to us to get SSN. They suggest, ''you would talk to Immigration Office''. Today I went to Immigration Office via InfoPass to talk to officer. I explained my situation, she has checked their system than she said ''your case looks granted 1 year ago, why you haven't applied for I-485 yet? I am suprised and I explained I haven't gotten any approval letter from Asylum Office and I went there maybe 5-6 times. Asylum Office says, my case is pending. After that officer has told me, just go to Asylum Office and tell them to talk their supervisor. Tell them to fix your issue on the system.

I am gonna go there this Friday. I am gonna try to explain to them and I hope they are gonna listen me.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to listen them. Thank you.

that really is weird. the good news is at least someone says your case is granted. You should really go to the asylum office and talk to a manager or something. hopefully they should resolve this case for you. 1.5 years is enough to wait for yes or no. good luck with that.

I have a question too. When you have A5 category EAD. What category did you put in your i-765 application?

I have a question too. When you have A5 category EAD. What category did you put in your i-765 application?
Thank you.

I had my first EAD after 5 months passed(1 year ago). Now I have my second EAD. First and second one came with category A05. I put category C08 in application.

New here

Hi there!
Since today I'm a registered user and can post!))) Yeaaahhhhh!
Here is the story, seems like I'm the only one here who came from former USSR! But still! All of your stories are so inspired, couldn't resist the willing to register and share my story with u!!!!
I just submitted my I-589 in February, but it was returned to me, because I-589 was not completely filled up. Questions #6 and 24, I needed to say none and put my parents current address. At first when I got back my papers I was freaking out, but then i simply did what I have to and resubmitted the package. Few days ago i received a notice of receipt. Now waiting for the finger prints appointment.
I prepared my case by my own. and it was so complicated. nervous. I came here as J-1 student then changed my status to B-2, and then to F-1. situation in my country recently changed, became more worse. I joined the political party that was in the government at that time, 2007, but after the presidential election all of us became an opposition to the new government. It happened in mid 2010, but in October 2011 a numeral criminal cases were opened against political opposition. Our leader was sentenced to 7 years in prison. My relatives were beaten 3 times for their political activities. I also didn't give up and was writing articles about this injustice, but government forces became aware of my situation and started threaten me via e-mails that they will punish me and all my relatives. i am already a target for them, I even didn't cross the border yet. i am afraid what will happen to me if will be returned in there. BUT, as I mentioned I am filing for asylum after 1 year deadline and i was not persecuted before. as I said when I was leaving the country our leader was in government and everything was fine, we all supported the leader.

Sorry for taking your time. any advice or thoughts?
Thank you for prompt attention to my matter!!))))0

How is everything going?

Congratulations new-asylum-case, really glad to hear about your approval!

good luck and take care.

I read the whole thread and know your situation. U said u were gonna reapply, so I'm just following up on the progress of your case, if u don't mind sharing. And also i wanted to ask u if u submitted you first I-589 timely, within 1 year?