Waiting Asylum decision

Thank you so much Karri2008. Did you try to go to USCIS office after 30 days of your application to try to speed it up?? I have heard we can info pass to USCIS and try to expedite the process after 30 days of EAD application. Two month is too long. please correct me if I am wrong.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I just submeted my application and waited, I didn't do anything regarding the delay. My EAD is for the first time and I knew it will take time, especially that it came around the end of year. Anyway, I have no idea wether you can info pass to speed up the process of the EAD, but it sounds to me like it would be in the case of renewal, maybe Asylum can give you an opinion that is better than mine, good luck with your application.

hopefully you will get response soon and a good response, in case if it still take time do you have plan to continue status after opt expires.. hopefully that time wont come but if it does what do you think...

Well i hope we get a positive response soon, the system is very unpredictable about timing and decision making. So I have my hopes alive but again prepared for the worse. So yes, I will definitely keep my status alive by going back to graduate school. But i still haven't figured out how am i gonna fund my education (its way too expensive).

hellow every body, what does it mean.

I just checked my status online with my reciept number. before it always used to say that it cannot find my case,
but today it is saying this
"we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that the filing fee be waived. The filing fee has been waived and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. This case is being processed at our Intake Processing Center. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

It has been 3 weeks since i apply for asylum, and It is right now showing "initial review" not the "card/document production". any experiences like this? please reply

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like an approval to me. It seems like they just ordered your EAD (A5) category. You should check your mail these days and you should receive your asylum approval. Congratulations.

This means you will receive the approval letter and the I-94 in the mail soon. Also, you will receive EAD (A05) within 10-14 days. Congratulations.

i love usa, god bless america

This means you will receive the approval letter and the I-94 in the mail soon. Also, you will receive EAD (A05) within 10-14 days. Congratulations.

yahooo, :):):):):)yahoooooo, I am so excited today because here is the new massage right now, under card/document production.
"On January 27, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

hip hip hurray, thank u every one for help. this is great website.
yeeeeeeeeeee,:rolleyes: yahoooooooo, I am very happy. thank u so much lord thank u, thank u.

Now I have a question, is it possible that it could be a "recomended approval" and not the final approval.
Does anyone got recomended after after this above highlighted message??...

Now I have a question, is it possible that it could be a "recomended approval" and not the final approval.

This is a final approval and not a recommended approval. Enjoy it. You have become an asylee. Praise the lord.

kjfb2d

are you sure buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????

Yes it is final approval, because with recommended approval you wont receive an automatic work authorization. You will have to separately apply for one. You have to be excited as it took you literally two weeks to get your case approved. If you don't mind sharing what is your COP country and whether you are a male or female? Because they take it easy on a lot of female but with males they really grind down with security checks.

yahooo, :):):):):)yahoooooo, I am so excited today because here is the new massage right now, under card/document production.
"On January 27, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

hip hip hurray, thank u every one for help. this is great website.
yeeeeeeeeeee,:rolleyes: yahoooooooo, I am very happy. thank u so much lord thank u, thank u.

Congratulations new-asylum-case! you are very lucky to get approved so quickly.

ok thats great news.
what does it usually says what kind of card production.
because in my case it is not saying anything about asylum but
"Your Current Case Status for Form I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION"
and then it says card will be produced in 30 days so i guess it is talking about just emplpyment authorization card.
Is it like same when you all check your status( the ones who are approved)?:confused:

as far as my COP and gender is concerned, I cannot tell that because of security reasons, I am really sorry for whoever ask that question, but i would say I was thinking like you too but if it is granted the reverse happened this time hopefully this helps.

as far as my COP and gender is concerned, I cannot tell that because of security reasons, I am really sorry for whoever ask that question, but i would say I was thinking like you too but if it is granted the reverse happened this time hopefully this helps.

asylum_seeker asked you what your COP is. There is nothing wrong with sharing this kind of information because it will help other people who are on the same boat. In fact, when you just applied for asylum you did tell us what your country and gender are in the other post and now after you got approved you went to that post and deletetet it because you don't care if other people might benefit from that post. Anyway, I will respect your decision not to share this simple info with others who need help.

asylum_seeker,
He told us what his COP is in his first post but he deleted it after he got approved.

asylum_seeker asked you what your COP is. There is nothing wrong with sharing this kind of information because it will help other people who are on the same boat. In fact, when you just applied for asylum you did tell us what your country and gender are in the other post and now after you got approved you went to that post and deletetet it because you don't care if other people might benefit from that post. Anyway, I will respect your decision not to share this simple info with others who need help.

asylum_seeker,
He told us what his COP is in his first post but he deleted it after he got approved.

assylum,
I should thank you much for always being in this forum to help people and always share useful info that really helps. you are AWESOME dude!

new-asylum-case,
I have read your previous postS that you needed help(WHICH YOU GOT) with filing your case and interview. Like assylum said, there is no harm to share your gender and COP. But since you chose not to share there is no big deal . BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS FORUM HELPED YOU A LOT AND YOU HAVE TO PAY BACK IN HELPING OTHERS. SELFISHNESS WON'T HELP YOU DOWN THE ROAD.

Assylum and Assylum_seeker, I totally agree with you, New-assylum-case has totally changed the tone since he got approved, yes people did the best to help you, you are not required to help anybody, but REALLY you have changed so fast, and yes you have mentioned it all in your earlier posts, with all respect to you, if you are a good christian as you say, this is not what christians do!!!!Think about it, you are a new christian and if so, let's be a good ONE. God bless you!

Thanks everybody who blasted at me without knowing my situation.

First of all, I thank everybody who helped me during tough situations and it includes all of you who just said killing words for me, I really thank your support (honestly) in that tough time and would not forget it. so wanted to make it clear. now comming to your accusitions.

1) assylum, you r a great person because you help many people, including me. And i really dont mind tough words from you. But being so mad for not telling COP, really. I spend a lot of time in this forum too and figured out atleast (I repeat atleast) 75% people dont like to tell their COP. But i did before. Now remeber I have life threats and that i find out someone who knows me and my persecutors reading through this forum. obviously with all interview/fingerprint dates and things i mentioned, he would have known about my conversion. on top of that my COP was mentioned so in order to save life of few people or not to risk life of few people i had to get rid of my old information revealing posts. but without thinking anything, you accused me and said i do not want others to get benefit? really.

but i won't say that you used the word "he" to mention my gender to harm me, because i know i could be a mistake. I hope you would have considered what could be my problem of not telling COP other than accusing that i dont want others to get benefit.

2) Being a true christian is my relationship with god. i really do not need certification for that from people in forum but only from my god. because jesus knows me and knows that my heart is always willing to help people.

3) I have got totally changed after getting asylum.(a comment) Dear i am not sure yet that i got assylum. even if i got it, don't you think i need help in future from this great forum?

4)I am selfish. cool buddy thanks for saying that for no reason.

Now comming to question that was asked to me about effect of gender and country on speed of approval. I already answered as much as i could that time that reverse happened to me what you are thinking. I guess this was enough answer if you would have thought. atleast reveals gender and also the fact the it is not a usa freindly country.

Again i still believe all of you who accused me could not have thought about many things and I am not mad at you. As i said earlier I really learned a lot from you all.

Also the fact that i am going to delete this post too in couple of days because i do not want newcomers to read a post that has nothing to do with their asylum case but reply of accusitions. I hope you will delete yours too. also if someone is thinking i am saying all this to get answers in future from anyone of you, then even if i want it, i could have made a new user name and ask question and no one would have known that i am same person. so that is not an issue.

again thanks every body for help so far. and i would say from this forum, get information that you can get and answer question what you can but do not forse/accuse others and make this forum unhealthy/uninformative. God bless you all.

Assylum and Assylum_seeker, I totally agree with you, New-assylum-case has totally changed the tone since he got approved, yes people did the best to help you, you are not required to help anybody, but REALLY you have changed so fast, and yes you have mentioned it all in your earlier posts, with all respect to you, if you are a good christian as you say, this is not what christians do!!!!Think about it, you are a new christian and if so, let's be a good ONE. God bless you!

Karri2008,
It seems you been waiting for a while for a decision too. Have you done any status checks? is it pending under security check or it just says pending? Mine just says pending and nothing else.

If new-asylum-case is true about threats and the fact the someone follows him then god bless. But if he changed just because he got his mission complete and no more cares about the rest then screw him .

Got approval letter,:D

praying for everyone of yu who has been waiting for a while. one thing i can tell you all who are waiting that there is a very high chance you are going to be approved because if your case wasn't strong then they wont wait for background check to deny.

hopefully nowone is still mad. but if someone is still mad. please send me a personal massage and if i can see you are in this forum for a while now, I can reply you back. now it does not mean i would not help newcommers, but cannot answer any question that would tell my identity. i sure will be able to answer most of questions.

I am super excited, now would you all atleast celebrate with me please:confused:

Love you all. :)

Got approval letter,:D

praying for everyone of yu who has been waiting for a while. one thing i can tell you all who are waiting that there is a very high chance you are going to be approved because if your case wasn't strong then they wont wait for background check to deny.

hopefully nowone is still mad. but if someone is still mad. please send me a personal massage and if i can see you are in this forum for a while now, I can reply you back. now it does not mean i would not help newcommers, but cannot answer any question that would tell my identity. i sure will be able to answer most of questions.

I am super excited, now would you all atleast celebrate with me please:confused:

Love you all. :)

Happy for you. Good luck with your new life.

There is another way that you can try to get more details about why your case is taking so long.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Every asylum office has a dedicated day every week to answer inquires about cases in person. On that specific day, they don't interview applicants. The clerk on the main window will have time to respond to inquires. For example, San Francisco asylum office does that on Friday and LA asylum office does that on Wednesday. Find out what that day is for your asylum office and go in person between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM.

2. When you go on that day, ask the clerk when is your last update on your case and ask if the background check is the reason for the delay. Keep in mind that some clerks might refuse to give you any additional information. It all depends on who you talk to. If the clerk refuses to give you any details, then go again on the following week until you find another clerk. The clerks have read-access to RAPS system and they can see what is going on with your case but they are not required to give you any information.