Waiting Asylum decision

Never give up. I applied in December 2013. I got my EAD, June 2014. I applied for my second EAD in March 2015. I've not received an interview to date. However I refuse to give up. I've gone through it all....depression, desperation, loss. But never give up. Trust God. There is a reason even if we don't understand. For those getting results. Wonderful. For those of us still waiting lets remain faithful and positive. Our time shall come.
Take care.
P. S. I applied in Boston.
hi jaizy b,
hoe you conducted your interview bu now, i applied jund 2014 had my interview 10 days ago in boston , office didnt mention any thing about the pick up date and time, could you share your experience ?

I am sure 100%. All asylees who got approved by USCIS are able to check the status online. The status mentions the EAD approval.

This only applies to asylees who get approved by USCIS not EOIR.

Hey asylum.
What about when you checked your status online at uscis and it says that "they received your case and waived the fees...we sent you a notice in the mail, please follow the instructions on the notice..."
does it mean that uscis approved your case? Or something else.
Thank you.

Hey asylum.
What about when you checked your status online at uscis and it says that "they received your case and waived the fees...we sent you a notice in the mail, please follow the instructions on the notice..."
does it mean that uscis approved your case? Or something else.
Thank you.
It means your case for asylum is aproved..

Hi Guys,I am new to this forum,I read all posts and it is so helpful and I am wondering if Assylum member is still here.I 'd like to share my story and I hope I can get correct answers. I am out of status.I had my interview on July 25,It was great,and it supposed to go tomorrow to pick up the decision,but I received a call on Friday from the Asylum officer and said ” there is some problem with one of the computers and the system down,so no decision has been made yet and no need to come to the office on Tuesday and we are going to mail you the decision.I asked if she can tell me when it will be ready,she said I don’t want to give you another date to come and for any reason the decision is not ready”. So does that mean that I have a high chance to be approved? and how long it may take to get the decision? the last question which is so important for me is “” what is the relation between the computers and system and the decision ???????!!!!! I mean that as far as I know that the AO will decide on the case and then get the approval of the supervisor.So if AO approve the case and the supervisor sign it,the AO can tell me the decision even there is problem with computers and other stuff? I am so confused and I just want to know if it will take long time to get the decision.Please help me understanding exactly what is going on because my EAD will expired in October and I don’t know if I should wait more to renew it or what to do?Please explain to me.Thanks.

Samsamen no matter what always renew your EAD, they told me that my decision was going to be ready un 2 weeks and it's been 5 years of waiting for me and still nothing, have you got your answer yet?

Has anybody been waiting for more than 5 years?

Thanks!

Samsamen no matter what always renew your EAD, they told me that my decision was going to be ready un 2 weeks and it's been 5 years of waiting for me and still nothing, have you got your answer yet?

Has anybody been waiting for more than 5 years?

Thanks!

so sorry to hear that, say some backgrounds about yourself and in which office you had the interview?

so sorry to hear that, say some backgrounds about yourself and in which office you had the interview?

Annann: i was living in Oregon when in applied for asylum but my IO flew from San francisco for the interview, my interview lasted about 2 hours and she told me at the end everything was going to be fine!, she gave me a piece of paper saying my decision will be ready in two weeks and of course nothing, i moved to texas in 2013 and been here since then, i did my second finferprints here in texas (2013) and i though that was it..!the wait was over and nothing, i've been renewing my EAD with no issues till the last one, they returned our 7 year old son's EAD because we forgot to sign the app, when his EAD came in (1 week ago)we realized that is was only good for one year and it was a category A05 (granted asylum) we called USCIS to ask them about the mistake and they told us "your son is an asylee" i tried to explain the lady that it is imposible because he is just a dependat and i haven't got my approval yet (me being the main applicant) but she told me that that is all the information she can give me.
This is very stressful, i dont know what to do... my lawyer abandone my case and he is working fot the goverment now.

Thanks

Annann: i was living in Oregon when in applied for asylum but my IO flew from San francisco for the interview, my interview lasted about 2 hours and she told me at the end everything was going to be fine!, she gave me a piece of paper saying my decision will be ready in two weeks and of course nothing, i moved to texas in 2013 and been here since then, i did my second finferprints here in texas (2013) and i though that was it..!the wait was over and nothing, i've been renewing my EAD with no issues till the last one, they returned our 7 year old son's EAD because we forgot to sign the app, when his EAD came in (1 week ago)we realized that is was only good for one year and it was a category A05 (granted asylum) we called USCIS to ask them about the mistake and they told us "your son is an asylee" i tried to explain the lady that it is imposible because he is just a dependat and i haven't got my approval yet (me being the main applicant) but she told me that that is all the information she can give me.
This is very stressful, i dont know what to do... my lawyer abandone my case and he is working fot the goverment now.

Thanks

Sorry my friend it looks everything turns out to be a mess...the most confusing part is we only have the timeline before the interview but after that people have nothing to assess how long still need to wait. Good luck on your days in TX!

Sorry my friend it looks everything turns out to be a mess...the most confusing part is we only have the timeline before the interview but after that people have nothing to assess how long still need to wait. Good luck on your days in TX!

Thank you! I just got some bad news we called UCISC and they confirmed that my sons EAD is incorrect is not a category A05, they told us that our case is still pending and our sons EAD needs to be returned... i got exited for a second thinking that could be a sign that our case was approved but no we are still waiting 5 years and counting....

Thank you! I just got some bad news we called UCISC and they confirmed that my sons EAD is incorrect is not a category A05, they told us that our case is still pending and our sons EAD needs to be returned... i got exited for a second thinking that could be a sign that our case was approved but no we are still waiting 5 years and counting....

your experience is beyond the imagination!! God bless you!!

Hi , my father wait from 15th June 2017 for asylum decistion I don't know how long will take to get his decision Arlington asylum office .,

Hi , my father wait from 15th June 2017 for asylum decistion I don't know how long will take to get his decision Arlington asylum office .,
Have some patience,It’s getting difficult to determine timelines since each case is different from another.Some take six months to be approved and others take years from interviews date to approvals.
I️

Hi asylum seekers, it's my first time in this page and I have found it very helpful. Anyway, I did my interview on Tuesday, 11/14/2017. I was told to pick the decision after 2 weeks. Is it too soon to check my status online. When can I check please?

Hi asylum seekers, it's my first time in this page and I have found it very helpful. Anyway, I did my interview on Tuesday, 11/14/2017. I was told to pick the decision after 2 weeks. Is it too soon to check my status online. When can I check please?
Which office was your interview ?

Hi nao
Welcome to our forums and family. You going to learn a lot from this forums.
Please share with us your timeline so we could help you. I know you did your interview this month but when did you apply for asylum?

Hi Guys,I am new to this forum,I read all posts and it is so helpful and I am wondering if Assylum member is still here.I 'd like to share my story and I hope I can get correct answers. I am out of status.I had my interview on July 25,It was great,and it supposed to go tomorrow to pick up the decision,but I received a call on Friday from the Asylum officer and said ” there is some problem with one of the computers and the system down,so no decision has been made yet and no need to come to the office on Tuesday and we are going to mail you the decision.I asked if she can tell me when it will be ready,she said I don’t want to give you another date to come and for any reason the decision is not ready”. So does that mean that I have a high chance to be approved? and how long it may take to get the decision? the last question which is so important for me is “” what is the relation between the computers and system and the decision ???????!!!!! I mean that as far as I know that the AO will decide on the case and then get the approval of the supervisor.So if AO approve the case and the supervisor sign it,the AO can tell me the decision even there is problem with computers and other stuff? I am so confused and I just want to know if it will take long time to get the decision.Please help me understanding exactly what is going on because my EAD will expired in October and I don’t know if I should wait more to renew it or what to do?Please explain to me.Thanks.
I will share my experience, during the interview process the IO Was very chatty with me, she told me that the USCIS RAPS computer system is everything to them because they actually scan all the pages and put them on the system as a file and use smart cards to access computer to take notes etc they have other Systems that are used to check fingerprints, change of address, and verifications of Names etc —-It’s a very complex computer system, all the changes with USCIS with be linked to your A number so all immigration agencies has an e-file and history of your cases. When you submitted your case The lockbox in Phoenix Arizona will scan all the documents that you sent to them and route to office to that will adjudicate case. So if this computer systems fails to show your file or information then they are not going to make any decision until it’s fixed and they clear backlogs and work on cases. The computer system in US government is already years obsolete in tech but does the job

Last edited: