Waiting Asylum decision

I wouldn’t worry too much about that , as you said every case is different and fraud in asylum cases are high that’s why denials can be overwhelming. If your case is strong and your lawyer is smart you’ll eventually get approved!!
yep, worried too much is not helping. strong case and good lawyer + pray a lot for sure ;) = case granted!
thanks again for the advice and support! cheers!

If I were in your position, I would have done the same until I receive the decision letter.
Again, you are lucky that you have received the "Fees were waived update" as it means 100% approval.
If you have missed it and opened the status check on "Decision was mailed" and you see the word "stopped" on the website and the word "running" in your email, you would have had a heart attack :).

Just for me to Understand we received the “Fees were waived” last night and now it says the Decision was mailed. Does that 100% mean approval?

Greetings dear friends,

I've finally received my approval letter today.

I would like to thank all of you.

As a little contribution, I'll share a comprehensive timeline of my, please remember that this is NOT LEGAL ADVICE, consult with your attorney.

March 2018 filed asylum

May 2018 fingerprint

2020 move state, change address to san Francisco jurisdiction

July 2022 interview

End of July 2022 sent first inquiry to san Francisco asylum office

August 2022 generic response from San Francisco asylum office

Mid August sent first FOIA request

End of August 2022 sent second inquiry to san Francisco asylum office

End of August 2022 received official case number regarding my inquiry from San Francisco office

End of August 2022 request case assistance from OMBUDSMAN

Mid September received FOIA(I posted the result here that apparently the AO approved my case but part of the document was redacted)

End of September sent second FOIA request

Early October, OMBUDSMAN ask for my alien Number and copy of my interview notice

End of October received second FOIA(no new information, exactly same document as the first one.)

Mid November OMBUDSMAN informed me that the sent follow-up inquiry to USCIS and that OMBUDSMAN will inform me as soon as they get update.

November 27th 2022, received status update fees were waived.

November 28th 2022, received update decision was mailed.

December, USPS attempted delivery(NOTE this is a certified mail, and apparently you have to sign yourself)

Today, pick up the mail from post office.

That's all friends, this will be the end of my journey on this forum.

I thank you all.

Greetings dear friends,

As a little contribution, I'll share a comprehensive timeline of my, please remember that this is NOT LEGAL ADVICE, consult with your attorney.

March 2018 filed asylum

May 2018 fingerprint

July 2022 interview

End of August 2022 received official case number regarding my inquiry from San Francisco office

Mid September received FOIA(I posted the result here that apparently the AO approved my case but part of the document was redacted)

Early October, OMBUDSMAN ask for my alien Number and copy of my interview notice

End of October received second FOIA(no new information, exactly same document as the first one.)

Mid November OMBUDSMAN informed me that the sent follow-up inquiry to USCIS and that OMBUDSMAN will inform me as soon as they get update.

December, USPS attempted delivery(NOTE this is a certified mail, and apparently you have to sign yourself)

I thank you all.
Can you explain little bit more about FOIA Request ? Bcs i was trying to get it online and couldn't found particular option. What should we mention in Subject?

Greetings dear friends,

March 2018 filed asylum

May 2018 fingerprint

July 2022 interview

I thank you all.

Congrats and thanks for sharing information. Please can you share, how much did OMbudsman process cost , including lawyer fee.

Greetings dear friends,

March 2018 filed asylum

May 2018 fingerprint

July 2022 interview

I thank you all.
CONGRATS & GOOD luck for future!!! :)

Can you explain little bit more about FOIA Request ? Bcs i was trying to get it online and couldn't found particular option. What should we mention in Subject?
Hi, i think you need to ask for alien files, BUT I don't think I did it right because I couldn't get the asylum officer interview notes and the preliminary decision.

Pls brief about OMbudsman ... What's this & when to use

Here's the link, you should read and decided yourself if it fits your situation.