Wage Offer Vs Current Salary - While getting a new offer ?

susi_babu

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus / Ginnu,
I am planning to change the employer and my new employer is willing to do the H1B transfer and AC21 after a month. Before negotiating the salary with new employer, i would like to get some info as mentioned below.

Also a small hint why i intend to change.

My current employer(gc sponser) is a Desi and the project iam consulting is yeilding him 110k+ (off course a middle man is there to scratch some) and giving me just 60k. Now my client introduced me to a 3rd man who is going to be my new employer, that way i am planning to be on the same project and to stick with same employer until i get my GC.

1. Since iam doing the H1b transfer, in the new job offer can i get salary say 80k ?being Wage offer in my LC is 65K.
If no, can i ask the new employer to modify the offer letter which they will send for AC21 filling, to match my wages in LC and pay me different salary?

2. My new employer is from CA, where as in my LC Job Info Work City and state is Alpharetta, GA. So, Can i take any advantage in the wages since my future job is going to be California.

Bascially iam trying to justify myself will this transfer is worth or not, because i find no way to improve my life further.

Thanks
Susi

:confused:

Hi Gurus / Ginnu,
I am planning to change the employer and my new employer is willing to do the H1B transfer and AC21 after a month. Before negotiating the salary with new employer, i would like to get some info as mentioned below.

Also a small hint why i intend to change.

My current employer(gc sponser) is a Desi and the project iam consulting is yeilding him 110k+ (off course a middle man is there to scratch some) and giving me just 60k. Now my client introduced me to a 3rd man who is going to be my new employer, that way i am planning to be on the same project and to stick with same employer until i get my GC.

1. Since i am doing the H1b transfer, in the new job offer can i get salary say 80k ?
--------------------------------you need to ask this from your new employer who is going to file H1 Transfer for you
being Wage offer in my LC is 65K.
If no, can i ask the new employer to modify the offer letter which they will send for AC21 filling, to match my wages in LC and pay me different salary?
------------------------AC21 letter need to state only what employer is paying and skills and permanent job offer. FYI GC is for future job after you get GC
2. My new employer is from CA, where as in my LC Job Info Work City and state is Alpharetta, GA. So, Can i take any advantage in the wages since my future job is going to be California.
--------------------LCA need to be for the location where you will work on H1 status.
Bascially iam trying to justify myself will this transfer is worth or not, because i find no way to improve my life further.

Thanks
Susi

:confused:

You should write your job title, skills, exp ,location of job then others may be able to guide you what is the minimum salary or average salary for your skills or job title

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ginnu,
I think i need to revise my questions.

1. I got permanent job offer which is 20% more than what iam earning as well as what has mentioned in my PERM Labor - Will this increase in salary creates any problem while i file for AC21 (with same Job Title and Job description).

2. Job title (Computer Software Engineer) and Prevailing wage (65k) are mentioned in my PERM labor and Work city is Alpharetta, GA - What would be the equivalent salary in California.

Waiting for your reply. Thanks for your prev replies.

Thanks
Susi

Hi Ginnu,
I think i need to revise my questions.

1. I got permanent job offer which is 20% more than what iam earning as well as what has mentioned in my PERM Labor - Will this increase in salary creates any problem while i file for AC21 (with same Job Title and Job description).
-----------------------------that is OK. no problems.
2. Job title (Computer Software Engineer) and Prevailing wage (65k) are mentioned in my PERM labor and Work city is Alpharetta, GA - What would be the equivalent salary in California.
---------------------------I dont know
Waiting for your reply. Thanks for your prev replies.

Thanks
Susi
-------------