Wage determination and timeline

Hoooraay, unsure CONGRATULATIONS, this is great news (and..see I toldy ou so, didn't I ;) !!!). Please please tell your lawyer to pick up her backside, even with our application stuck at Atlanta, our lawyers aren't completely losing hope for summer. I'm sure you can file 485 before end of July, this is so great, enjoy your weekend!

So johnny, it's down to us eh, 50 days and still no news, no excitement...

Take care.

Thanks nazar05,

I am not going to let her sit on the applications as she did for the PERM - at least I will try. This company has the longest procedure I have heard of: 1. we submit documents 2. lawyer reviews 2a. ask us for missing pieces 3. the paralegal fills the forms. 4. we get the forms to check. 5. we submit errorrs 6. paralegal corrects errors. 7. paralegal returns forms to us to check 8. paralegal gives forms to lawyer to check. 9. lawyer gives the forms to partner (her supervisor) to check 10. lawyer submits to UCSIS. With the PERM form this took a month and it was just one form. With the 140/485 there are a lot more forms. Anyway, it is beyond my control to make her move...

Looks like Atlanta is picking up in speed, there was application approved in 24 days. I will keep my fingers crossed for you to be done by mid - July when the medical will be ready. Good luck

Thanks nazar05,

I am not going to let her sit on the applications as she did for the PERM - at least I will try. This company has the longest procedure I have heard of: 1. we submit documents 2. lawyer reviews 2a. ask us for missing pieces 3. the paralegal fills the forms. 4. we get the forms to check. 5. we submit errorrs 6. paralegal corrects errors. 7. paralegal returns forms to us to check 8. paralegal gives forms to lawyer to check. 9. lawyer gives the forms to partner (her supervisor) to check 10. lawyer submits to UCSIS. With the PERM form this took a month and it was just one form. With the 140/485 there are a lot more forms. Anyway, it is beyond my control to make her move...

Looks like Atlanta is picking up in speed, there was application approved in 24 days. I will keep my fingers crossed for you to be done by mid - July when the medical will be ready. Good luck

I am surprised that you didn't share with us about Perm. Your Perm was certfied on June, 8.:( :confused: :cool: :rolleyes: :p

Pending Wages

I'm new to this Forum and not sure in posting this question in this thread.
My employer has not paid my wages for 2.5months, so i have switched to a new Employer recently. I would like to know the procedure to file a complaint with Department of Labor. If any one of you or your friends did it earlier, please advise me the right steps to proceed. Thanks.
I appreciate your time. Sorry about posting this message here. :mad:

Sorry

I am surprised that you didn't share with us about Perm. Your Perm was certfied on June, 8.:( :confused: :cool: :rolleyes: :p

I am sorry. Once we saw that this is certified (we saw it online, did not wait for the lawyer to notify us) all my energy went into urging the lawyer to move and collecting all she wanted ASAP. I prepared her a 6 cm stack of copies organized by person, plus 40 questions questionnaire for each of us (she wanted to know all addresses we had in the past 5 years, all work experience for my husband and me, with dates, etc, other miscellanious stuff), plus scanned copies of all documents on a CD. Took me nearly a week to do this and drop it off to her. Then she wanted the medical exam and the photos (which I will drop today). Plus, I am finishing important project at work and then my son got sick and I had to stay home for two days to take care of him. :D.

I am sorry. Once we saw that this is certified (we saw it online, did not wait for the lawyer to notify us) all my energy went into urging the lawyer to move and collecting all she wanted ASAP. I prepared her a 6 cm stack of copies organized by person, plus 40 questions questionnaire for each of us (she wanted to know all addresses we had in the past 5 years, all work experience for my husband and me, with dates, etc, other miscellanious stuff), plus scanned copies of all documents on a CD. Took me nearly a week to do this and drop it off to her. Then she wanted the medical exam and the photos (which I will drop today). Plus, I am finishing important project at work and then my son got sick and I had to stay home for two days to take care of him. :D.[/QUO

Unsure,

Can you give me 40 questions questionnaire? I didn't know that are 40 questions. Please can you do that today?

That questionnairre is something specific for our lawyers: it kinda repeats the 140 and 485 forms. It is not required by ISCIS. PM me an email address and it will send it to you.

Hey all- how's life? Read about the 485 applications being rejected now, despite the numbers being current, it's so frustrating, isn't it? It was too good to be true anyway, but maybe they will sort it out in Oct (hope NEVER dies right :)). Unsure perhaps this is good news for you though as your lawyer prefers to take her time. Hope all will be sorted out. Take care.

Vinhasqn- welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your trouble w/ the employer. I don't have any experience in the area, plus I wouldn't advise you to rely on such first-hand experience stories, because each case has its specifics. Perhaps your best bet is to contact a labor lawyer and get a consult.

Hey all- how's life? Read about the 485 applications being rejected now, despite the numbers being current, it's so frustrating, isn't it? It was too good to be true anyway, but maybe they will sort it out in Oct (hope NEVER dies right :)). Unsure perhaps this is good news for you though as your lawyer prefers to take her time. Hope all will be sorted out. Take care.
It is not good news for unsure. If your Perm will be certified in 2 days you can't file for I 485 until oct.

Dear Johnny,

I know what the news means don't worry :) . Unsure's lawyer was taking things too slowly and unsure was naturally anxious to file in time before end of july. Now that 485 files are rejected, the lawyer will have more than enough time to prepare adequately and file (in october hopefully). That's why...

Take care.

Hi guys!! I have a lot of trouble posting from work, it is so sloooow!! Our lawyer is still slow, but look at the timing. On Jun 13th we received a package from her asking for supporting documents and to choose between CP and AOS. We chose AOS with concurent filing and on June 22 submitted all documents they wanted. They mailed us the medicals forms, on June 26th we took the medical examinations, got the results and with pictures dropped them (on June 29th) at the lawyers office. Prepared mentally to be done and how by end of July to have all filed and then THEY UPDATE THE BULLETIN!!!

So now that I over the news we are back to the initial idea - non concurrent filing. I only asked the lawyer to have all prepared for October ....

Oh and also. The lawyer asked us if we want the I485 filed anyway in July (knowing that they will be rejected) and then being plaintiffs in the lawsuit againt USCIS. We said "No, thanks". Nazar05, johnny, what do you think?

Unsure, my 3 friends have exactly the same problem: the lawyer told them to file and send I-485 to USCIS. Even if they reject applications the lawyer told them they would get "a blue piece of paper". Did you heard abut something like that? Do you think it's a good idea to send I-485 anyway (I-140 was approved in June 2007)? Share your opinion guys because you are smarter than a lot of lawyers...

Well, Good question Doody. Here is what our lawyer said: After considering the attached information, please advise us whether you would like us to proceed with filing your adjustment in the month of July, with the understanding that most likely it will be rejected. The only benefit of filing is likely to be that it will render you eligible to join the lawsuit as a plaintiff. The most likely result of "winning" the lawsuit will be that USCIS will be forced to retain your case. However, as with all cases currently pending at CIS, by law they cannot be adjudicated until an immigrant visa number becomes available. Therefore, most likely it will be a matter of whether you wait for an immigrant visa prior to filing an adjustment, or wait for an immigrant visa after filing an adjustment. The length of the wait is unlikely to differ.

We decided against filing. What I am afraid is that the plaintiffs can be put "aside" and their applications not adjudicated (even if there are numbers available) until the lawsuit is decided. And this can take a century.

Plus, given the info from the lawyer I don't really see any benefit for us right now to have I485 pending ...

Dear unsure, what an uneasy situtation. Our lawyer told us that had we been approved for PERM, they'd advise to file for 485 precisely for the reason that Doody and you mentioned, ie get the blue rejection which renders your case moot for joining the suit. However if I had been in your shoues, I think I'd wait as well, though for how long, noone can tell now, hopefully not too long. Best of luck, to all of us.

I think waiting is safe :D. We all need all the luck we can get now, hope this ordeal will be over soon.

Unsure hi, I'm sure you've heard the good news by now, the July 2 correction is voided so all PERMs in July can file for 485 now (as per August bulletin). Are you ready to go? Just wanted to say, good luck.

We're still waiting of course w/ johnny. Take care.

I heard, sent a bunch of emails to the lawyer and received out of the office auto reply ... There is another lawyer that will pick up her cases, I hope we will be OK and they will manage to file before beginning of August. I am ready since June 29th, medicals, pictures and all.

You are almost done with the waiting and then you will be in Texas for the 140 - Texas is more than four months ahead of Nebraska, so the waiting will be even :D