WAC 02 approvals

Retrogress

Guys, as we have not seen many approvals this year, and also two months away from the next fisical year, do you think there are chances for retrogress, if it happens, will it affect the filed petitions already. Hope we see more approval in the comming months.

FDBL is Fragomen et al - Law firm. My prev attorney was Raja Ahluwalia, and I dont remember such words of caution from him. If any one has a different lawyer that did/didn't warn about the risks of talking to IIO, please post.

Good luck...

My attorney has also strongly advised against calling the IIO. She did not give me any reason why I should not.

I called IIO yesterday....

No useful information. The lady told it is too early to call for Nov 01 cases, since they are processing only July 01 cases and my case is not assigned. FP results are fine. She didn't tell the status of my spouse's case. If wanted, the same person has to call and verify. They seemed to be very strict now a days - verified name, SSN, DOB etc.

Even my attorney ( Litwin law , SFO) ha adviced not to call IIO , was told to listen to AVM for any updates , no reason was given they say they prefer that way.

Gotta remember

That attorney's are talking to their clients. They won't take even a slight chance of messing your case up because that puts their reputation under fire.

My experience is that attorneys are overtly cautious.

At the same time, my experience is that calling an IIO before time (like right now for Nov people), is not helpful. They will give you some off the wall answer to get you off the phone.

My view, I don't think the person you talk to on the phone will mess your case up.

Crux of the story: Call IIO when you need it, and deserve it both.

02 cases stopped processing....

They cleaned up 97% of 01 cases, but we have not seen any approvals on 02 cases nobody knows for sure when it is likely to happen. Most of the guys who have postings on 02 cases are their friends (who knows how reliable those informations are ?) because of this uncertainity and lack of information many of us are missing better lives and opportunity. Hope INS have not retrenched. I greatly wish all people to get thier approvals sooner in the order they deserve.

Talked to IIO usual bla bla.. Processing July cases and it may take 2-3 months.

Frustated with INS.
01 cases are still pending! talking to IIO won't help anyway.
IIO is unpredictable and some time arrogant!!!

May be the GC holders should talk to their Congressmen about GC processing problems. conspiracy theory- in this economy time, they are intentionally delaying the GC processing

Worst case scenario

Folks,
What do you guys think is the worst case
scenario for WAC-02 approvals? Since WAC-02
approvals don't seem to be coming in as expected,
I think its important to discuss timelines of
worst case scenarios.
I am not talking about those odd cases that get
stuck for whatever reason. I am talking about the
average person whose app. has nothing wrong with
it.

Regards,
pnw.

wait and watch game

We will know the progress after we receive JIT. Optimistic to see many approvals this week.

Intersting statistic

I did a little query on rupnet.com/immigration to find how many GC approvals we got in the last 10 days.

Total : 101

VSC : 50
NSC : 37
TSC : 10
CSC : 4 (2 were today).

Basically ... CSC ... are the worst of the pack. The slow down has been in effect for a few months now. (Since they introduced the IBIS check). Early this year they were approving at a speed similar to VSC's. Then they didn't do drat for a month or so, and then approvals started coming in for September and before folks at maybe half the speed they used to be earlier. Then they dropped to around 1/10th of what they were starting this year.

You ask worst case scenario, I think anything CSC does at this point can only be in a better direction. I mean .. there comes a point after which it just can't get any worse. Worst case depends entirely on what's cooking @ INS and no one knows what that is. Hopefully they are only re-organizing or something and getting ready to fire all cylinders in unison for WAC-02's. I hope thats the case.

Who pays the price? Oct/Nov filers. But hey who cares .. we are the stepkids of INS anyway.

So we have 2 worst case scenarios.

a) INS is reorganizing and soon (this week), we see approvals for WAC-02's flowing in full steam ahead. Then WAC around 50 should expect to be approved in a month.

b) INS keeps at what it's doing now .. who knows .. maybe another 2 years and no approval in sight? (Pretty open ended basically).

I would really want to know whats going on in there right now. I really really would want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst case

Statistical Analysis

I had posted the above statistical analysis a while back (July 11th). I had mentioned in there, that approvals are at a current rate of 20 a week.

Well last month approval rate was as follows,

Week #1 -> 6 Cases Approved
Week #2 -> 11 Cases Approved
Week #3 -> 9 Cases Approved
Week #4 -> 8 Cases Approved.
Week #5 -> 2 Cases Approved (Runnin' Tuesday)

So at an average of 8.5 approvals a week.

Given an approval rate of 20 a week the worst case scenario was a WAC-02-50ish guy getting his approval around December this year. Given a drop to 8.5 from 20, your expected approval goes to 20*(Dec-Aug)/8.5 = 20*5/8.5 = 1000/85 = Apprx 12 months.

Which means, if you are lucky you would get approval in another 2-3 months, if you are average you'd get it in January 2003, and if you are unlucky you'd get it in July 2003.

Assuming the current rate of approvals of course. I hope that changes upwards.

I personally for no base or reason have a gut feeling that this rate will improve next month. But while it doesn't, we can't do shit. Literally.

I-140/485 concurrent filing to be blamed?

Maybe, INS is getting ready for I-140/485 concurrent filing and conducting internal training? Just a thought:) For more info checkout: http://www.immigration-law.com/.
Or it's just another shift in the priorities (seen plenty of those in the last five years), or just vacation season:)

- Dom

Re: Worst case

You may missed one factor.

Just observing the statistic, I see a trend, fewer and fewer I485 filer since last December. So in general, the process should be expedited for a Wac-02-050.

Another interesting something

Read these two links.

INS processing statistics

And,

New INS rule for concurrent filing

As you can see where there was a spike in receipts, there was a following downward trough in approvals. With this concurrent filing crap, there will be a spike, which means, a downward spike in approvals.

Whats more, I don't think this concurrent filing is just. I waited in line, like a lot of us others, and now I am being made to wait again, so they can file quicker. It just doesn't make sense. Does it? I'm getting mad. :mad: