WAC 02 approvals

hometown same thing happened to me..

This was long time ago though...

My Attorney called the IIO and they gave conflicting results on 3 different occasions...

I later found that ASSIGNED statuses can go back to the shelf for sometime before they can be assigned again...

I don't know if I am right.

Yea I asked IIO

Yea I asked IIO. She told me it isn't assigned, so I guess my party is still atleast a month away :( ... this SHTINKS !!!!

I think IIO's are tossing coins there. Heads means assigned and tails being not assigned. They are doing everything manually coz their computer systems are down. Which kinda explains their slow pace. Ya think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have WAC # 02-095-xxxxx series?

:confused:

I have my GC application filed in EB-1 category. My:
FP done on 04/19/02
AP received on 04/28/02
EAD received on 07/13/02

But my AVM still says 999 days :-(

I have couple of friends who were in the same position but they all got their 485 approvals after 3 months time. And they also had their AVMs changed to "Resume" 2.5 months after FP.

So, is anyone else there in the same position as mine?
What is the status?
When do they change the AVM, on what basis?

Any advice or info will be helpful console this mind of mine.
Thanks.

desi hero

Hero, best suggestion ,call IIO right now!

reason is ..I am WAC-02-)86 EBI..so are many of my colleagues, all in the 016to 098 range, all EB1, i oversee GC for all of them since i am in HR...all of the cases have Processing resumed on AVM.

Ask the IIO specific questions, like

did the results of my FP come thru? and if not why has it not?

many reason for this, assuming that u r a clean guy!

1. Your FP may match with someone who is 'marked' not exact match but close, so it goes inot 2nd round of check..that shd take abt a week max
2. Your FP resluts got lost..most possible scenario
3. your FP resluts are clean, but not updated by clerk..

if it is reason 3, then talking to IIo wil help.

net net..TALK to IIO..don't hesistate....

to desihero

got the approval in 3 month????

this probably would happen for the people submit their I-485 in end of 2000 or begining of 2001 but not now....( I had friend
got their 485 in 3 months then),

but I don't think it is the case right one. the current approval time is around 9 or 10 month or more. INS was starting on 02 series not long ago

DesiHero, there maybe still a bit waiting ahead.

as for the AVM, sometimes INS didn't update it. if you want to check whether INS received the FP result or the security check was complete, you may want to talk to IIO about it. IIO seems have exact information about it. (not the case with assigned to office)

Who is IIO?

I seriously don't know who IIO is?
Is it my Attorney through whom I filed for my case?
Or is it someone at the INS office? (Which I don't think so as it is not advisable to speak to INS officials directly abotu your case. So is the saying from most of my friends.)

Thanks PCee.

Hello, Desihero,
This one may not need PCee's expertise.

Have you ever tried to call INS to access the AVM? The message says that you should input the 13 character case number. If you do not know you should call back at office hour to talk to an Immigration Information Officier (IIO). So if you are persistent and lucky enough to get through the INS phone within officie hour, the gentleman/lady at the other end of the line is an IIO.

Refer to whether or not you should talk to the IIO, there have been extensive discussion in this forum.

My impression from others' experience is that even if it will not help it probably will not hurt your case. However you should prepare yourself to be prepare and matter of fact.

Thanks and good luck.

well

Pcee does not seem to visit this thread..so his fan will try and do some answering

1. On speaking to the IIO, i have not seen any problem whatsoever, i do it almost daily coz one or the other employee of my company ahs a request
2. My experience has been that if you are firm and polite u usually get yr way
3. typical conversations start of with your details, have ll of them handly, WAC's, Address, etc etc
4. be specific to the IIO..tell her why u have called..start with yr WAC and immdly say I calle to find out the status of my 485 for eg
or I called to enquire abt the delay on my FP results snice it ha been more than xxx weeks and the AVM has not changed the message
5. being specific will do the tric
6. No need to be apologetic and use the words like hope i am not botehring u, is it ok, etc etc..be straight to the point
7. rem guys..these are agents paid to answer our queries..they can't do a fag abt yr case..thats not the way the US works,,,SPEAK UP

Spoke to IIO

After many tries I was able to speak to the IIO. She said that they haven't received the results from FBI as yet. I asked her what is the reason for this dealy, she was persistent on saying that they don't know what the reason is, but FBI has not yet sent the results back to them.

Also, I noticed, that the AVM still says application received for my AP, EAD and 485 and speaks out the number of days it will take to process these applications. Even though I've already received my AP and EAD. Any comments?

Call FBI

Desi Hero, Have you tried calling FBI.
FBI can be reached either at 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406. With A# ( Alien Number, This number is in the I-485 receipt notice and also in the Finger Print notice) and your full name, the FBI officer will be able to tell you when they have sent the result to the INS. Once they have send it, it is INS job to update.

Re: well

pceefan,

Thanks for listing down the methodology of contacting IIOs.

Our attorney is strongly against calling them. In their mails with receipt notice always statement will be written:

The customer service telephone number at the INS Service Center is: (949) 831-8427. This number is provided to you to check the automated system only. You should not speak to an INS officer regarding your case, as this may adversely affect your case.

I don't know why they are so concerned?

I agree wiht Nell

Yea this is USA and everything here is supposed to be goodie goodie, but remember, INS is so bad, it puts DMV in New Delhi to shame.

If you must talk, be extra ultra super duper polite.

Calling

If your case is taking longer than the time specified in the Notice of Action or dates beyond JIT, there is nothing wrong in asking information, guess thats the reason we have the # as well as getting busy tone as there are many other people like us wanting information on their case. If you have signed G28 with fees paid from your pocket make sure your attorney gives you a response.

Wow!!!

Talking to an IIO is going to slow your case down!!!

I guess the wait is getting to all of us................

nell

I am guessing your attorney is FDBL. Yeah, I and my friends were asked not to contact IIO by phone; it is very silly since there is no INS official site that says that calls to IIO will slow cases. But they must be speaking out of experience (maybe someone shouted at IIO and is still waiting for his/her GC).

good luck all...

yea .. but ...

Talking to IIO isn't really useful .. !! Unless your case is really haywire. Know what I mean?

For example JIT is 7/01/01 and your ND is 5/1/1 .. call an IIO they will be helpful .. well .. they'll tell send a fax.

But call now, and your ND is November .. they'll just give you an off the wall answer .. to get you off their backs.

I don't think it neccessarily slows your case down as long as you realize those people on the phone are doing a job that is very boring, with no incentive or room for progress or personal interest in your case.. and not much money probably either.

Just hang in there and hope for the best (and expect the worst).

BTW, what is FDBL neeru?

neeru,
You are right! My attorney firm is FDBL(Fragomen). Are they the only people telling this?

Retrogress

Guys, as we have not seen many approvals this year, and also two months away from the next fisical year, do you think there are chances for retrogress, if it happens, will it affect the filed petitions already. Hope we see more approvals in the comming months.