WAC-02-163-52XXX Got RFE

GC_Chahiye

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I got a call from my lawyer yesterday that I got RFE. The RFE is for:

1. EVL
2. Last 3 paystubs
3. W2's for 2001 & 2002

I was surprised to get this as was the lawyer. I checked the online message and it says that the RFE was generated on April 24th.

Find below my details which should help your analysis:

RD - April 17 2002
ND - April 17 2002
FP - June 20 2002
EB3, AOS

The lawyer says that this might not affect your processing and the processing might go at its usual pace. You never know as INS has become quite erratic now a days. Sit tight guys, she said she has received a whole bunch of RFEs with different WAC numbers this week.

I have a quick question for the gurus. I was already working with the lawyer to renew my EAD and apply for AP. My EAD is expiring on Aug 28. My wife is working based on the EAD. What would you suggest ? Should I apply for AP and EAD or wait for some more time ? A month ? 2 months ?

Thanks and good luck to you all.

GC_Chahiye

Y'know I think stains theory is right. Since Nov. people their FPs are expiring, INS has decided to just skip them and go to wac-02-150ish.

I think it's unfair, but still .. good luck to you.

Apply for ead and ap renewal and be safe.

Congrats, GC_Chahiye, you are so lucky.

There are other such instances for March, or April filer recently. What's happening?

I agree

Sillyman

I agree to your point that the people who have filed earlier should have their applications processed earlier. Eventhough I am lucky to have my application taken earlier. Well, I would be really lucky if the approval comes in the same sequence :).

Good luck.

GC_Chahiye,

1. Regarding RFEs, as I wrote in some other related thread, respond to RFE asap. If you respond before case is sent back to waiting area you could get your approval immediately. It is happening now a days too..

2. Probably you can wait for some more time on APs depending on your travel plans and also note that it may take app. two months to get an approval, but I think you should apply for EAD extensions to be on safe side.

Goodluck
PCee

I think it not fair to process in this way. It should be by JIT. But its BCIS. Reply to ur RFE immediately and get your approval.

I think we might need Kashmir's help to verify if this trend is really true.

Thanks
Jitup

An old question.

How long does FP expire? 18 month or 15 month? There was some discussion about it. Could anybody know confirm it?

Thanks.

good for u and congrats, but I think BCIS way of processing is unfair to people like me who have already done 2nd FP

PCee

Your observation is not always working. I replied my RFE
on the second day, and still waiting (online line show RFE
issued on Dec.13, and received on Dec. 20)

cao,

Yes, it may not be working all the times but there is a very good chance for this to work and I did see few cases where it worked. Nov/Dec is totally a different era! Note that from mid Nov. to mid Fed they didn't aprrove any I-485 cases so obviously all I-485 cases went back to waiting shelf and mostly they are still staying there while few others who got RFEs in March/April getting their approvals.

-PCee

...Making the process more fair?

Here is my observation sofar...

BCIS pickingup cases of 2002 march/April NDs may be a good sign on the whole! Yes, it is not fair for the people who have 2001 Dec NDs and still waiting! Normally they create a batch based on number of cases that are ready to be processed and number of officers available to process them. Probably now CSC is focusing on I-485 and more officers are available so they created a big batch of cases and they are processing from Mid Nov to Mid April as one batch. We may see the approval frequency improve in next couple of weeks.

The reason could be another thing as few others guessed on this board. If FPs are expiring then they cannot pickup that case and mostly all Nov/Dec cases may be in such situation but they are not able to schedule FPs immediately because they can schedule only limited number of cases in given time. In my case I got my FP redo notice promptly (15 months) it may be because my RD/ND is very old and I don't have to wait for any one else for my FPs redo. Where as people with Nov/Dec NDs may be waiting for people like me to do my FPs first.

If FPs are not expiring in next one month or so and has Nov/Dec ND then talk to an IIO, your case must be assigned by now. Otherswise wait for FPs and do them immediately.

-PCee

Also note that even though my case was active (Got an RFE and responded) still I got FP redo notice (exactly on the expiry day) so there is no such thing as few others expected that if case is active FPs don't expire. If some one got approval even after 15months after doing their FPs, it is simply their luck and probably officer overlooked their case.

FP

Are they picking up cases where Fingerprint is done after June 1st or, it is more likely to go backwards from end of MAY/JUNE as they can complete most cases close to FP expiry. Don't know how the morons think.

Pcee, I got my 2nd FP notice one month before the first FP expired. BCIS is unpredictable, I don't which criteria they use to pick up cases

GC_Chahiye,

Can you give us some background info? Like

a. What industry you are in,
b. Size of company
c. EB?

Thanks, it will help with our tracking and understanding.

Cao,

While PCee's original post might not hold true everytime, I feel it is extremely logical. If you actually notice, there won't be more than 30-40 case officers (optimally but in the current situation probably 1-2) who receive all the cases. They have a quota, and sometimes might chuck files from their desk back to the warehouse just to get more cases touched, in other cases they actually wait until they are done with the batch they are waiting on. If they receive your response in time then you get your approval on the spot, otherwise like in PCee's and your case, you have to wait unfortunately!

Offcourse, I am unhappy with the state of processing that doesn't work as a queue (FIFO - first in first out for the non geeks). But there is nothing we can do about it. It is probably a good thing that cases are getting touched! :) I know Stain is probably going bonkers with this info, but c'est la vie!

logx,

If you did your first FP on 11/30/01 (Actually it depends on when BCIS got your FPs rather than when you did your FPs) then they expired on app. 02/30/03! So I guess you got your 2nd FP notice in time (not one month early). Note that FPs expire in 15 months. In my case I did my first FPs on 01/04/02 and INS got them on 01/17/02 and second FP notice got generated on 04/16/03 (exactly after 15 months).

- PCee

FP

I saw a 02-033 case with finishing 2nd FP

Online message is now:

On May 1, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made

Better not be kidding ..

Please do not be joking in these stuff ... if you are doing so ..

Not sure who is going to benefit from this skip .. that is skipping Nov & dec cases ..

-------------
Wac - 020-80 XXX