WAC-02-129 Approved!

zoro

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

After a long wait our (mine and my wife's) I-485 has been finally approved.

Mine was one the those cases that seemed to have fallen through the cracks without a second FP for a long time. Faxes to Congressman Mike Honda and Senator Barbara Boxer seemed to have helped immensely. Both of them sent enquiries. Congressman Mike Honda was especially helpful in sending multiple enquiries. He also promised to keep my case open until it became adjudicated. I received my second FP a couple of weeks later.

For all of those waiting for action on their cases, I'd strongly suggest writing to the senators and congressmen. The key is to write a polite letter laying out the facts clearly without being emotional.

For all of you still waiting, I wish you the best of of luck.

WAC-02-129-5****
ND: March 08, 2002
1st FP: June 14, 2002
2nd FP: October 05, 2004 (Did early FP)
LUD: 10/27, 11/29, 11/30
Approval: December 06, 2004
Approval Notice Received: December 10, 2004

Congratulations, zoro,

Could you point me to the contact info of Mike Honda (fax #, phone #)

Did you communicate with him via fax? or on the phone?

Thanks,
Oz

congratulations

please post a copy of the letter you sent ( :) remove private info. ) to congressman & senator....

my ND is 03/26/2002 ....

Waiting for 2nd FP

thanks a lot
-tmat

ozzy/tmat,
ideally you should contact the congressman from your district who represents you. Here is how to find out:
http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb/cgi-bin/representform2.cgi?interface=1&site=congressmerge

Congressman Mike Honda's contacts:
1999 South Bascom Ave, Suite#815
Campbell, CA, 95008
Phone:408-558-8085
Fax:408-558-8086

When contacting any congressman you also need to sign a privavy release form that allows the congressman to inquire on your behalf. You can find the form on the congressman's website. Send it along with the fax.

Here is the fax I sent. I have used text from other faxes by people in this forum.

The Honorable Michael Honda
1999 South Bascom Ave
Suite 815
Campbell, CA 95008

Dear Honorable Congressperson Mike Honda

I am writing to you to draw continued attention to the processing delays at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This appalling progress comes despite the commitment from the head of the California Service Center (CSC), Don Neufeld, to reduce backlogs from over two years to less than 12 months by the end of this fiscal year.

I am currently employed as a [Title] at [Company] in [City]. [Company] is sponsoring me for an employment-based immigrant petition. We filed for Adjustment of Status (I485) in March 2002. Over two and half years later, the CSC has yet to adjudicate my case. The CSC processing time reports clearly state that the CSC is currently processing I485 cases with a filing date of about January 15 2003, which is ten months after my filing date. Since concurrent filing of I140 and I485 was not allowed then, I had to file I140 before filing for adjustment of status (I485). The total process has taken more than three years now. Meanwhile, my fingerprints have expired and no new fingerprinting has been scheduled. I understand the adjudication process cannot go forward without the fingerprints being in status.

In addition to submitting the I485, I have also had to submit other applications to allow me to continue to work and travel for my employer. Specifically, I have had to make Employment Authorization Document (EAD, I765), and travel applications (I131).

Each I765 and I131 application is valid for one year. So, in the two and half years that I have waited for my I485 application to be adjudicated, I have made multiple I765 and I131 applications. This has had significant impact on myself and my employer because I have make to sure to maintain the current status of the EAD in order to be eligible to work for my employer.

I have also learnt that the CSC is processing and approving cases that they received much later. In fact, USCIS has been approving cases as recent as the ones that were applied in 2003 and 2004. The processing is possible, I believe, because the fingerprints are still current for all these applicants.

While I do not begrudge these people being free of the lengthy wait, I am disappointed that it comes at the expense of those who have waited over two and half years to be processed. I am sure you will agree that delays have significant psychological and emotional impacts on immigrants. Immigration delays like these cause serious disruption of the lives of legal immigrants, as well as potential harm to the U.S. economy due to the fact that world-class individuals are actively discouraged from working in the U.S. because of the policies and lack of accountability of the USCIS

Consequently, I respectfully request your assistance in determining why my case and other cases like mine that were filed in the early part of 2002 are being set aside in favor of later ones and when I can expect adjudication of my case.

sincerely yours,

[Name]

Hope this helps.

Congratulations
Hope they have started adjudicating pending old cases.

Wac 02 133
2nd FP early November
RFE replied 11/09
Waiting ......

Congressman letter

Hey Zorro,
Did you indicate your WAC number in the letter? Also, did the replies come to the fax number you specified ?
BTW, i am also a March,2002 filer.
Thanks,
Sun06

zoro said:
ozzy/tmat,
ideally you should contact the congressman from your district who represents you. Here is how to find out:
http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb/cgi-bin/representform2.cgi?interface=1&site=congressmerge

Congressman Mike Honda's contacts:
1999 South Bascom Ave, Suite#815
Campbell, CA, 95008
Phone:408-558-8085
Fax:408-558-8086

When contacting any congressman you also need to sign a privavy release form that allows the congressman to inquire on your behalf. You can find the form on the congressman's website. Send it along with the fax.

Here is the fax I sent. I have used text from other faxes by people in this forum.

1999 South Bascom Ave
Suite 815
Campbell, CA 95008

I am writing to you to draw continued attention to the processing delays at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This appalling progress comes despite the commitment from the head of the California Service Center (CSC), Don Neufeld, to reduce backlogs from over two years to less than 12 months by the end of this fiscal year.

I am currently employed as a [Title] at [Company] in [City]. [Company] is sponsoring me for an employment-based immigrant petition. We filed for Adjustment of Status (I485) in March 2002. Over two and half years later, the CSC has yet to adjudicate my case. The CSC processing time reports clearly state that the CSC is currently processing I485 cases with a filing date of about January 15 2003, which is ten months after my filing date. Since concurrent filing of I140 and I485 was not allowed then, I had to file I140 before filing for adjustment of status (I485). The total process has taken more than three years now. Meanwhile, my fingerprints have expired and no new fingerprinting has been scheduled. I understand the adjudication process cannot go forward without the fingerprints being in status.

In addition to submitting the I485, I have also had to submit other applications to allow me to continue to work and travel for my employer. Specifically, I have had to make Employment Authorization Document (EAD, I765), and travel applications (I131).

Each I765 and I131 application is valid for one year. So, in the two and half years that I have waited for my I485 application to be adjudicated, I have made multiple I765 and I131 applications. This has had significant impact on myself and my employer because I have make to sure to maintain the current status of the EAD in order to be eligible to work for my employer.

I have also learnt that the CSC is processing and approving cases that they received much later. In fact, USCIS has been approving cases as recent as the ones that were applied in 2003 and 2004. The processing is possible, I believe, because the fingerprints are still current for all these applicants.

While I do not begrudge these people being free of the lengthy wait, I am disappointed that it comes at the expense of those who have waited over two and half years to be processed. I am sure you will agree that delays have significant psychological and emotional impacts on immigrants. Immigration delays like these cause serious disruption of the lives of legal immigrants, as well as potential harm to the U.S. economy due to the fact that world-class individuals are actively discouraged from working in the U.S. because of the policies and lack of accountability of the USCIS

Consequently, I respectfully request your assistance in determining why my case and other cases like mine that were filed in the early part of 2002 are being set aside in favor of later ones and when I can expect adjudication of my case.

sincerely yours,

[Name]

Hope this helps.

Sun06,

Sorry, the personal info was at the top left on the page:

Name
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone:
Email:

WAC021295****
Alient# [Your alien number]

[Date]

1999 South Bascom Ave
Suite 815
Campbell, CA 95008

The responses from the congressmen and senator came via snail mail to my residence.

Hope you get your GC soon.

zoro

Zoro Congrats!

Zoro hearty congratulations on your approval !
Its really frustarating to know that we need to take help of congressman to get the approval, why is CSC have such a bad attitude towards old filers?

My own friend got approved in less than 3 months after filing for 485 , now he is struck as his wedding was planned in mid 2005.He cannot bring his wife.

Nobody expected his GC in such a short time from CSC.

CSC happily deducted my check for my 3RD AP.

It sucks the way they work !!!

Hi ideatoaction,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it really is frustrating that we have to resort to these channels to get our approval. The key is to keep the pressure up on CSC lest they forget about you. This includes letters to congressman/senators, level I and II faxes, phone inquiries etc. I personally think that your local congressman is your best friend because he/she directly represents you. Even if you do get a first reply from the congressman (usually of the form that CSC will send you a fingerprint notice within six months etc), I think you should reply back politely explaining how disappointed you are it is going to take such a long time.

My lawyer asked me not to do inquiries myself because she thinks that too many inquiries will have a negative effect. I think this is pure bs. Especially since the lawyers don't care about you and are happy to wait out the two months after every enquiry.

I sincerely hope you get your approval soon.

zoro.

2nd FP notices received

Guys, I sent a fax to Barbara Boxer's office regarding scheduling my second
finger prints (which USCIS had conviniently forgotten to send me after the
first set expired more than 6 months ago). Barbara's office did follow up with
an inquiry and kept me updated about the progress via (snail) mail. Last week
I got a letter from her office saying that USCIS will sent me FP notices 'soon'.
Sure enough I got the notices today.

I guess contacting the senator really works so I do recommend it.

Thanks, zoro

Oz