WAC-01 waiting for approval list

Grassisgreen, I think you are right.

I think INS has vastly slowed down giving out green cards because they don't wanna get in trouble for letting in any more terrorists, and they have no good way to tell either way.

Come to think of it, even Vermont has screeched to a total halt. Given the circumstances, I think we are not gonna see a speed in Approvals until this homeland security bullcrap is implemented, which will be until never, and by then it'd be too late for the most of us.

The only way to get some speed is kick start, and we really need a very strong concerted effort to make that happen.

Unfortunately, the public opinion in America is that foreigners are taking their jobs away (I wish they saw the statistics though). I strongly disagree with that, but thats not gonna matter. I strongly feel that if Indians were'nt here, Microsoft and Oracle would be in India (and china and others) (well they are already since INS has this H1b crap going on).

They'd chase the talent and totally quit employing tech people here at all.

But the average sheep public doesn't know better and our just and honest concerns would not fly.

God help us.

Sent Level 2 fax today

My case had been supposedely assigned to an officer on 10/15/02 but attorney sent 1st level fax on 11/6. INS had responded to it on 11/9 saying the same "assigned to an officer" story and nothing happened till now. So we sent a level 2 fax. Hopefully that works, but my experience is that 2nd level fax results in a silly RFE. But we cant just keep waiting forever.

WAC 01 297 5XXXX -Recd RFE

WAC 01 297 5XXXX -Recd RFE
Issued 11/25, received 12/02

Documents demanded:

last 3 years W-2s
Recent letter from employer as proof of employment

To NV2001:
Please update. I am in the same boat. At this moment my lawyer was reluctant to file the second level inquiry. She mentioned to me that since we received the first response (assigned to an officer) then we are supposed to wait a little longer. (50days already).

Gook luck to you and everyone browsing this forum.

The thing is the lawyers are also confused. They don't know how to interpret the law. They very well know that INS cares a damn about fax inquiries. I'll also try to tap some senators.

Originally posted by zvdo2002
To NV2001:
Please update. I am in the same boat. At this moment my lawyer was reluctant to file the second level inquiry. She mentioned to me that since we received the first response (assigned to an officer) then we are supposed to wait a little longer. (50days already).

Gook luck to you and everyone browsing this forum.

Please see my earlier post. We have sent 2nd level enquiry yesterday. Tell your lawyer to send 2nd level fax asap.

NV2001, zvdo2002

You can send fax inquiries yourself and need not wait for attorney to fax it. I wouldnt believe my attorney and I was waiting for 30 days past JIT date to begin faxing myself. I faxed inquiry for myself even after knowing that my attorney has already done faxes.
Then waited for 15 business days instead of 10 days(regular wait). There are 2 types of level 2 inquiries. One is reaular 10 day wait fax inquiry, after which you move to level 3 inquiy. Other one is where you wait for 15 days and then do level 2 after whicj there is only AILA Inquiry.
Meanwhile I spoke with my attorney and he said he already did 3 fax inquiries and recieved response on one of them saying 'Case Pending'. He also said - he is going to do AILA Inquiry. Well, whatever he was doing didnt have any affect as I kept waiting. So I started by myself opposed to what his assistents told me -not to do fax inquiry as it will complicate the inquiries.
When I did Level 1 Inquiry, I recieved response for my spouse that case is pending. I did second Level 2 Inquiry (one that is highest - from the .pdf document on CSC guidelines), and recieved response on my inquiry and not on my spouse that files are sent to storage facility and requested back. So, it doesnt matter if you or your attorney does inquiry. sometimes multiple inquiries invoke RFE.
Best thing to do is to just go ahead and do fax inquiry yourseld and then wait rather than waiting and keep listening to attorneys.

I would suggest, just go ahead on fax on second level (highest level). You will definately recieve response either email or phone call or fax and they will assign case or atleast start looking for your files.

Good luck

2nd EAD approved

I finally have a good news to tell all. Its minor but for me its like an oasis. My 2nd EAD is approved today per the online status:

"Receipt Number: wac022365xxxx

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On December 04, 2002, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Processing normally takes between 120 and 140 days. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

This case was approved after a needless RFE. I filed the EAD renewal for myself with RD of 07/19/02.

To Sumkap:

Thanks for the input and detailed advice. Will talk to the attorney today and if she declines I may do my own part.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

I called up the INS and at last I got hold of a "reasonably" OK IIO. She confirmed to me that the case is assigned to an officer on Nov 20 (fax reply also says that) and its pending with an officer. I read somewhere that INS is doing some computer upgrades and it will take them couple of weeks to do the upgrades. Hopefully, next week we'll see some approvals.

spoke to IIO

Got the same old bs reply...your ND > JIT Processing Date so call
back after a month....This is my last call to CSC....there is no
point in calling and wasting time....

RFE issued

11/20 ---> Fax Inquiry sent by my lawyer
11/22 ---> Online status changed to 140-160 days... has always
been 975-999 days before this
12/02 ---> Online status changed to FP received and resumed
12/10 ---> Online status changed to RFE issued on 12/09

Haven't heard from my lawyer on RFE details...will update once I have the info. Pl. update the WAC-01 tracker. Thanks!

Suppose the RFE issuing means that INS is doing something, let us say this is good news. Especially I noticed the date is Dec. 9th or 10th.

Hope this is good news for you assuming your employment is in good shape and in turn that means you are one step closer to the GC.

Good luck to you and everyone reading this forum.

Got an RFE for evl and last 3 year tax returns. Changed jobs after 180 days (after Company A layoff), working in Company B now. Do we need a letter from Company A (sponsoring company) too?

Has anyone with similar RFE got approval using AC-21 rule?

mkvn, that is a very very common RFE. When was this RFE generated? I am trying to see if the freeze is over and what the heck is INS doing these days.

I saw that the RFE is common, but so far I havent seen anyone with AC-21 related cases, having got approval after RFE. The RFE was generated on 12/24.

01-296 Waiting for approval.... no RFEs.. no other communication

is there anybody with 01-296 approval?

thanks
juniors