VSC's current I-485 pending date moves to 06/04/2002, believe it?

jsmith888666

Registered Users (C)
Via CIS website, VSC's current I-485 pending date moves to 06/04/2002

On July 12, the pending date was 04/24/2002. In two weeks, they have processed cases filed within 1.5 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...I just saw it

Dude.....
USCIS Vermont center has gained a lot of momentum. The processing date for I-485 has moned to June 4, 2002. :confused:

If everything continues at this pace here is approx what we could predict:

by July'04 end - approvals for June/July 2002
by Aug'04 end - approvals for Aug/Sep 2002
by Sep'04 end - approvals for Oct/Nov 2002
by Oct'04 end - approvals for Dec 2002/Jan 2003
by Nov'04 end - approvals for Feb/Mar 2003
by Dec'04 mid - approvals for Apr 2003
Dec'04 end - will be hibernation time due to holiday season
by Jan'05 end - approvals for May/Jun 2003
by Feb'05 end - approvals for July/Aug 2003
by Mar'05 end - approvals for Sep/Oct 2003
by Apr'05 end - approvals for Nov/Dec 2003

This are only my projection for VSC based on the rocket speed they have suddenly gained.

Good luck to you all
-gc0902

I heartily wish it were true and that they keep up the trend. Just FYI, in the past they have been know to also roll back processing dates and/or keep the date stagnant for ages. Let's hope this will not be the case this time.

gc0902 said:
If everything continues at this pace here is approx what we could predict:

Things could also slow down after October 1st (start of the 2005 fiscal year) when the VSC has to start dealing with the next batch of H visa applications. Early indications were that there aren't too many of these to process, but that might change by 10/01. Hopefully they'll offset this by hiring more people, although training them could cause a hit to their pace.

I really hope the current pace continues... :eek: They're going so fast right now I feel like I need an airbag :eek:

ETA

I don't know how releveant these dates are. Per Rupnet for May'02 only 40% are only approved yet.

ETA-GC said:
Things could also slow down after October 1st (start of the 2005 fiscal year) when the VSC has to start dealing with the next batch of H visa applications. Early indications were that there aren't too many of these to process, but that might change by 10/01. Hopefully they'll offset this by hiring more people, although training them could cause a hit to their pace.

I really hope the current pace continues... :eek: They're going so fast right now I feel like I need an airbag :eek:

ETA

H visas are being processed already; with start date of October 1st. Need not allocate any new people to that.

Sree

Problem with I-485 processing date

I just called to inititate a case status inquiry on my I-485
case (RD 3/29/2002). The customer service rep initially
said that the processing date is June 04, 2002 (as per
the web site), but when creating the actual request for
an inquiry, the sytem returned that the processing date
is still April 17th, 2002 and therefore she could not initiate
the inquiry for me.

I will have to try again some time next week if the web site
has not reverted back to April 17, 2002.

ah99 said:
I just called to inititate a case status inquiry on my I-485
case (RD 3/29/2002). The customer service rep initially
said that the processing date is June 04, 2002 (as per
the web site), but when creating the actual request for
an inquiry, the sytem returned that the processing date
is still April 17th, 2002 and therefore she could not initiate
the inquiry for me.

I will have to try again some time next week if the web site
has not reverted back to April 17, 2002.

It Happend to me too On July 13 th.....NOt for 485 though....its for my second AP
As my 2nd AP ND March 15 th 2004, when the Processing date changed to April 28 th..... I called Cust service to open request for
an inquiry, While createing the request , it came back with old date , which is less that 30 days diff to my ND. ANd I told her web site says April 28 th, she checked web site and said, she manually update the date( current Processing Date) and she created the request.

I don't think date will reverted back to April 17, 2002. it may take some time to update their system...... try again next week..... like mon, tuesday.....
dates might change in their system.... or that Rep might help you.....

Good Luck

I just called customer service and was able to initiate an inquiry. The operator took my name, address, DOB (they didn't have it already?), contact phone and said somebody would get in touch with me in the course of the next 30 days.

There is no question that positive movement is being made, however, the processing dates are really just a statistic that might not be all that relevant and/or representative. How does that old saying about statistics go...

Anyhow, definitely a move in the right direction, although I am sure it is not a entirely pleasant feeling for those of us left behind from 2001 and early 2002 (I myself am a April 2002 filer). My personal strategy will be to give it a few months and I might initiate another inquiry in late September/early October.

The Processing dates posted by VSC only serve their own narrow interests. They are offcourse wrong even with their own definition: Last application being processed should be June 4, 2002. Well how many applicants are still waiting before June, 4 2002? They also tell you nothing about how far they are processing applications after June 4, 2002.
By also posting only one date for ALL I-485 applications, they present a confusing picture; since they do have different product lines then why are they posting only one date? Non-concurrent I-140, I-485 is one line, concurrent I-140 and I-485 is another, pilots is another; Which one are they referring to?
Here is another scary thing: Don't they account for all the applications still pending before June 2002 and thus post these stupid processing dates? Well, maybe no. They have no way of accountability to find out exactly what is pending or not!

Last edited by a moderator:
cinta said:
The Processing dates posted by VSC only serve their own narrow interests. They are offcourse wrong even with their own definition: Last application being processed should be June 4, 2002. Well how many applicants are still waiting before June, 4 2002? They also tell you nothing about how far they are processing applications after June 4, 2002.
By also posting only one date for ALL I-485 applications, they present a confusing picture; since they do have different product lines then why are they posting only one date? Non-concurrent I-140, I-485 is one line, concurrent I-140 and I-485 is another, pilots is another; Which one are they referring to?
Here is another scary thing: Don't they account for all the applications still pending before June 2002 and thus post these stupid processing dates? Well, maybe no. They have no way of accountability to find out exactly what is pending or not!

I believe they have to be considered some sort of average, now, how that average is weighted and calculated... That is most likely not public knowledge. The only thing the dates really do is represent a "factual" improvement from pre-lawsuit days (providing that the formula has not changed, in which case, they would be clearly questioned as even supporting evidence) to be used in the continuation of the lawsuit and potentially additional problems for their 1-800 line in case additional status inquiries are initiated.

On the flip side, I do have to say that, even by the sample of people on these forums and RUPNET info (that is not always correct), there is positive movement. So, for one reason or another, they are actually speeding things up.

There is one and only one definition of "Processing date" and it is from them. Thre is no new definition, as far as I know, and I know very well. The bottom line is that they either intentionally or not, violate their own definition. I suspect they still have no absolute control over pending cases (GAO report from May 2001) and these dates are just smoke. Somebody should challenge these processing dates in the deposition (Rajiv) and also ask for explanation as to how many different product lines exist for I-485, how they were created and why?

Date will not be reverted back? - I'm NOT THAT SURE.

skotha said:
I don't think date will reverted back to April 17, 2002.Good Luck

While I'm with you and hope it wouldn't happen, I must tell that there already was a precedent when they did exactly that: revoked their latest processing report.
I don't remember the exact day, I may still have a printout.
I called my friend that day, we couldn't believe to our eyes, then later tonight the old proc date just returned back.

The operator might have been drunk...

RD: 04/25/2002

cinta said:
There is one and only one definition of "Processing date" and it is from them. Thre is no new definition, as far as I know, and I know very well. The bottom line is that they either intentionally or not, violate their own definition. I suspect they still have no absolute control over pending cases (GAO report from May 2001) and these dates are just smoke. Somebody should challenge these processing dates in the deposition (Rajiv) and also ask for explanation as to how many different product lines exist for I-485, how they were created and why?

I don't think they should be challenged unless they are brought towards as a key piece of evidence, which they very well might be. Only then, otherwise, you are opening up a Pandora's box...