VSC Sept'2002 I-140 tracking

As per the posting I said that, I know its taking more than 4 months for this. Anyway good luck for the processing.

I-140 Filed at Vermont

File I-140 at Vermont. Details as follows

Category : EB3/RIR

MD(Mailing date) : 09/19/02
RD(Receive date) : 09/21/02
ND(Notice date) : 09/25/02

Planning to keep checking the status via the URL

https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp

Currently it indicates that INS has received my petition and it will take 90 to 180 days to process. This is probably a generic message.

Best of luck to everyone

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Megh,

I am glad that you got your reciept so fast. I wonder why is it taking so long for me, 1975 and Tim. Any clue guys? ... Megh did you check the reciept from the online link or did you or your lawyer actually got a paper reciept from the INS? pls clarify? .. I am very eagerly waiting for the I-140 reciept in order to file the I-1485, What about you Tim and 1975? .. Did you file your I-1485 along with the I-140 or will you do that once you get a reciept?

Savant

I-140

savant123456

My lawyer got the receipt number and passed it on to me. Once I got the number, I checked the status to get the exact date of the reciept.

Good news was awaiting me as I got home this evening:

MD - 09/11/02
RD - 09/12/02
ND - 09/13/02

Note that ND is 09/13/02 but it took 17 days to get the reciept to me. So I guess we need to be patient. I hope others get the ND soon.

Good

Well, my attorney might have received the receipt yesterday. I havent checked with him yet, but will do so today.

Anyways, I was waiting for the I-140 receipt for the same purpose. I will soon be filing I-485 with the I-140 receipt. Keep posting so that we can compare notes.

Tim

It seems that filing I-140 seperately gets receipt earlier. I filed I140/I485 concurrently on September 12, 2002. I have not gotten anything yet.

Does anyone get receipt who filed around this time concurrently?

Good news. I just got receipt today when I check with my attoney. I will post more details info once I got info from my attoney.

my case

I140 filed alone (will file I485 this month).
MD: 9/16/02
received receipt from INS: 9/27/02

company won't give me the receipt, nor want to tell me RD and ND, EAC number on the receipt. Could someone here kindly tell me the begining part of the EAC number of the cased filed around 9/16/02? Thanks,

To hell with them!

Get the I-140 receipt and do the 485 on your own.... Lot of people act like that....... I don't know what kind of pleasure they get in hiding information related to the candidate....

they are called control freaks !! ... make sure we have a list of all these employers after we get the GC .. lets publish that list

Still no receipt

Has anyone filed the I-140 (not concurrently with I-485) on 9/9/02 and not received the receipt??

My case was filed on the 9th of September and my attorney says he still hasnt received the receipt.

I think India 1975 had his case filed on the 9th. Did you receive the receipt 1975?

Tim

No I did not....and still waiting...I guess we will receive only after the audit....so we might receive only after 8th! it's just my guess...

so far it seems that INS is totally random. One of my friend filed his concurrent application on Sept 1st, he has recieved the fingerprint request last week !!! ...

I140 filing

MD: sept 12
RD: sept 17(as seen from INS online status check)

I140 receipt is with lawyer, I don't have copy either.

Trying to file I485/EAD/AP this month, but lawyer is discouraging me bcoz I am going to India next month.

My I140 Case

I-140 filed alone.
MD: 9/05/02
RD: 9/10/02

ND etc. not known as company say, they would not give me the details or copy of the receipt !?!

Please keep posting here.

Thank you all.

Why not ?

tara2002,

Why you havn't done both I-140/I-485 together w/o waiting for I-140 reciept. is it just because you do not have all the paper work ready for 485 or any special reason ?. Actually it is good to apply every thing together, as you will save some processing time for your EAD/AP etc. (Again, if you have all the paper work ready !!).

These lawyers are crazy. If you have any chance, just do it before going to India. Some times a month or two matters a lot !!.

Good Luck.

----------------------------------

Guys,
Yesterday in mail I have received FP notice.

ND - 10/04/02
FP Date - 11/14/02

Lets see when they issue the EAD/AP