VSC I140 Outstanding researcher or professor July 2002 still waiting

I am also in the same boat. Applied for 140 OR in sept 2002. People who applied for the same in 2001 had theirs approved in 4 months. I a still waiting. I have filed 485 recently to nudge the 140 but with no avail. Looks like the LC route would ahve been easier.

140 rfes

friends:
for people wiht 140 OR during apr-oct, 2002. What kind of approval rates have you noticed? are there rfes being generated a whole lot for OR? I am personally waitng since sept 2002

Hi,

I have filed my OR in Jan 2003.
I have notice that OR category is still stuck in late June 2002, while the "skilled worker" category has gone as far as May 2003.

Anyone have updates in our category?
I guess not too many people use our category, so not many poeple care about us?

I am curious to see if Rajiv is able to help us...

thank you.

Hi,

I have filed my OR in Jan 2003.
I have notice that OR category is still stuck in late June 2002, while the "skilled worker" category has gone as far as May 2003.

Anyone have updates in our category?
I guess not too many people use our category, so not many poeple care about us?

I am curious to see if Rajiv is able to help us...

thank you.

I think you are absolutely right. First, we are few in number and second our paper work is ~10 fold more compared to EB3.

I did ask Rajiv about 3-4 months ago. At that time he suggested there has to be some time lapse "torture time" in legal terms before any petition can be filed.

There is some hope however as in February our category moved by 15 days.
I suggest let us wait till March 20th and see what it says.

Now with H1B quota being over, and the Iraq issue is settling down and no more axis of evil targets in sight and Kerry keeping Bush down to the ground here in the US....may be the leaf is turning on us. :)

Yes, I knew it. That is why I said March 20th. As no dates have been updated on march 4 in any category.

Guys, I am in for any action that we all would like to take. May be write to Rajiv together in number...a common draft and get his advice.

My receipt date is July 19, 2002 and I am EAGERLYWAITING.

Another frustrated EB1 OR Filer

I almost feel that I have no cause to complain since I have only been waiting since March 2003!!! However I agree with all the sentiments above.

It is strange that it some people seem to have been getting decisions very quickly. What is the reason for the discrepency?

There must be something that we can do, even if it is futile I think just the fact of trying something will help us slightly (mentally) .

By definition OR will generally mean univ/hospital work or at least grant funding. How can we be expected to continue in the same place with such precarious funding issues?

Does anyone have any ideas?

How do we get in touch with Rajiv about this (or anyone else) for input?

I will stop my ranting at this point. Boy I could go on longer!!!:mad:

Hello everyone

Please check the thread started by Reverse_Man in the EB1/NIW category regarding a possibility of writing letter to NY times to catch media attention. Please let us get together and come up with some plan. I believe time has time to show Vermont that there are people here...real people..whose life is hanging on that mere piece of paper that they have been holding on to since past gazzillion years...

Eagerlywaiting

dual I-140's

Folks,

There are so few adjudicators trained to evaluate OR petitions that it's likely this line will move more slowly than others.

I applied under the Oustanding Professor category (RD Dec 2003), along with I-485/EAD/AP. While I can't complain yet as much as those of you who filed much earlier and are still waiting, I am frustrated by the indeterminate amount of time that could elapse before my I-140 sees the light of day, especially with other uncertainties like tenure/funding situation etc. looming in the near future.

My labor certification (which I started summer of 2002) has just come through. Is there any benefit to filing a concurrent I-140 under a different category (e.g. skilled worker or professional with current VSC processing date around May 2003). I'm hoping to gain a few months by doing this, and this line seems to be moving faster anyway.

1) Is this recommended? Has anyone tried this?

2) If this is possible, does the I-485 and all supporting evidence have to be resubmitted, or can the previous one (which cited the EAC receipt number of the OR petition) be reused for the new petition as well?

(BTW, no news on my EAD/AP applications as well.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Madhu

lawsuit against USCIS

I forgot to add: is there anything we can do (a petition, representation, letters to prominent newspapers, lawsuit) to expedite the OR queue? Our numbers are so few in comparison to the bulk of the applications they receive, yet the turn-around times are atrocious.

The lawsuit currently filed is a general complaint about all green card petitions, I think.

I'd welcome and support any ideas/actions to draw some attention to particularly the OR category and speed things up for us.

-Madhu

Good news!

At present VSC is processing July 5, 2002 RD in our category!
Guys and Gals, please go to Colormix thread in Vermont visa center I-140 group and update the list for EB1 applications. I think it is a good idea to get all of us on that list categorized in an order of RD.

I think VSC is moving albeit slow but moving. Let us keep fingers crossed.

All the best to July applicants. Hopefully we should all get done in the next month or two.

Eagerly waiting.:)

Furthermore Good News! My I140 got approved.

Hello! Everyone,

My I140 was approved on March 22, 2004. My RD was July 19, 2002.

Best.

No longer waiting.:)

Guys

I noticed that there was a EB1 (EA) approval posted yesterday on the "National Interest Waiver and EB1" sub-forum:

nbahel
EB-1 (EA)
Received Date: July 3, 2002
Notice Date: July 10, 2002
Approval Date: March 29, 2004

Another encouraging sign, perhaps?

RPB8260

Still waiting July 2002

Hi,

I applied for my I-140 under Outstanding Professor and Researcher.

RD July 10 2002
ND July 13 2002

I just checked USCIS they are now at Jul 25th 2002. No reply for me yet...anyone else in this situation??

If anyone gets anything please post here...

Dack25

Still waiting July 2002

Dack 25

Yes, there are others in similar position to you.

Checkout the thread "EB1-OR: Please update your info".

RPB8260

Dates changed..new interface!!

I just check the processing dates on uscis.gov.

The web interface has changed, and they changed some dates, although they are still from April 8th 2004!!! I guess its a misprint.

Because now it says the date for I-140 OR for VSC in March 2003!!!

And I know a lot people like ne have been waiting since July 2002!

My RD July 13th 2002! No info yet!!! Has anyone later than this this like Sept/Oct really gotten stuff in I-140 OR???

Dack25