VSC I140 Outstanding researcher or professor July 2002 still waiting

eagerlywaiting

Registered Users (C)
I am searching for buddies who are waiting as eagerly as I am to hear from VSC.
I 140 employer based outstanding researcher or professor EB1

Received date July 17, 2002
Notice date July 19, 2002

I wrote to the VSC on Dec 16,2003 regarding status check and requesting plausible explaination for the delay...no response.

Am little frustrated...about waiting in the dark...inertia from applicants and lawyers...apathy from VSC

I would like to hear from other applicants who have filed in my category in 2002.

Thanks
Eagerlywaiting

Same boat

I am in the same situation you are...

I applied for I-140 under exceptional professor and researcher in
July 2002 to VSC

Notice Date 13th July 2002

No reply yet..the website say they are processing 10 June 2002, but that number has not changed in 4 months (9/15/03)!!! Infact I actually plotted out the dates for two years to see if I could see a pattern..no pattern :mad:

Infact this time last year they were processing aplications from 25 March 2002. So in 1 year they have processed 3 months!!!

PLease post back here if you here anything about a reply to your letter...even at 90-485 which the web says its still three months over!!!

Just go ahead and file I-485/EAD etc. (concurent filing) Theres no point waiting thats what I will do.

:eek:

Dack25,

Can you change your employer after filing I485 (concurrent)? I485 is taking so long and it will be disastrous for me to stick with the same employer for years to come.
Do you know whether one can change an employer after EAD?
Pl reply if you know the answer.:confused:

I am in the same boat. Still no response

Jul 10 2002, ND I-140 OR (EB12)
Dec 2002, I-485
Feb 10 2003, FP received

still waiting for a miracle at VSC.

never ending wait

in the same boat........same story

Employer sponsored Outstanding Researcher

ND July 05 2002
485 ND sometime in September2002
FP done in October 2002 (!!)

...applied thinking this was going to be faster than the labor route!!!

Has ANYONE every heard any reason from the INS/BCIS/USCIS/Dept. of Justice/Dept. of Homeland Security (....and whatever else they might end up calling themselves before getting around to approving our I-140s) for these delays?

July02EB12

Welcome aboard!

I have not heard anything from VSC or BCIS.

I was wondering if we can get together and make our voice heard somehow.
May be through RKhanna!!!

Any thoughts?

How long one can wait in dark?
:mad:

Changing employers

Originally posted by eagerlywaiting
Dack25,

Can you change your employer after filing I485 (concurrent)? I485 is taking so long and it will be disastrous for me to stick with the same employer for years to come.
Do you know whether one can change an employer after EAD?
Pl reply if you know the answer.:confused:

Given that we (you and me) are in the same employer sponsored boat (sic! almost feels like a submarine with no pressure regulation!!), our choices are a bit limited. From what I have seen on other threads here, one can take up the 485 portability clause and change PROVIDED YOUR I-140 IS APPROVED AND IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS SINCE YOUR 485 NOTICE DATE (...or filed......given 6 months for AC21 and the 500+ day timelines we are looking at these days I guess the +/- 10 or 15 days don't count for much). To venture out on a limb, I believe that if we had been a little more smarter and "sponsored" our I-140's ourselves (as national interest) we probably would have been free to do whatever we wanted, since WE would have been the I-140 sponsorers (and hence no "employer" relationship with the I-140) as long as we were employed in relevant research positions.

My take on this matter is that once the INS agrees to the fact that you are unique and you add value to the great American economy/national interest as claimed by Company A (i.e. I-140 approval vis-a-vis your current employers claims) you can go to any "similar" job claiming that whats good for the American economy/national interest via Company A is equally good via Company B (well, atleast, thats my read of the "logic" behind AC-21). However, I believe Company B (or any succeeding employer thereafter) needs to be in a position to provide a job description that matches what you filed for under your 140 (anybody more knowledgeable than me on this, please feel free to correct/change/improve/advice etc. etc. - all my knowledge has been by watching posts on this website for the last 1 yr.....my total hours of legal education = ZERO)

July02EB12

How I wish you were in charge of the VSC! I am in terrible shape. I am a clinician from India and would like to obtain a license in the US. I am particularly interested in translational research. Appeared for interviews thinking I140 should come any time ( we need to appear for interviews ~1 year in advance).....got accepted at an IVY league univ...but cannot go as I am in the same "submarine" as you are...

At least we are getting some responses...may be we can form a group and think about becoming proactive...

Did you guys tried through Senator

Friends, don't lose hope! Did you guys try to contact VSC through Senator or Congressman? You can persuade your company attorney to write a letter to VSC enquiring about the status of the case.. I think they act on the letter..
I have been waiting for over 18 months (since 06/12/02 EB2 Category) and atlast i got an RFE, last week ! I don't have any clue what it is about?

Don't lose hope? Did you guys try to contact VSC through Senator or Congressman? You can persuade your company attorney to write a letter to VSC enquiring about the status of the case..
I have been waiting for over 18 months (since 06/12/02) and atlast i got an RFE, last week ! I don't have any clue what it is about?

Don't lose hope! Did you guys try to contact VSC through Senator or Congressman? You can persuade your company attorney to write a letter to VSC enquiring about the status of the case..
I have been waiting for over 18 months (since 06/12/02) and atlast i got an RFE, last week ! I don't have any clue what it is about?

contacting VSC

Thanks snowbell for your input.
I did speak to our company lawyer about writing to VSC (I have to say that my company is as helpful as they can be about immigration issues.....even to the extent that they asked me to pick a lawyer and didn't even ask about cost comparisons between different immigration lawyers!!). He tells me that the stock answer these days (after VSC started posting processing dates on the web) has been that unless your notice date has not been crossed by over a month of what they claim they are currently processing, don't bother asking..........(which is in line with what they say online)
Contacting Senators/Congressmen seems to be a plausible idea. I am sure people have tried that whip. Anybody out there have any idea what the outcomes have been ?....also, given that we don't form a part of the voting (at least for the next 5 yrs or more the way any "thinking leader" would weigh it) or donating block, how will the congressman/senators overall "politics" vis-a-vis "keeping jobs in America" "immigration" and such other catchphrase issues effect such an appeal? (I know...nothing lost by trying.....but am just trying to see whether someone knows what have been the outcomes in general).

My RFE Info..

According to the attorney, BCIS has asked for the company financials and my w-2s for the previous 2 years.

snowbell

Why they have to issue this kind of RFE after such a long wait. It is very unfair. Some people are getting I140 in 6 weeks and some are made to wait unnecessarily for more than a year. I think USCIS director has to send his personnel for basic english course to learn meaning of 'Fairness'.

Hi Guys

I'm still waiting too. Why are we standing still so long?

I-140 EB12 (OR) VSC
EAC03010XXXXXX
RD: RD 10/10/02
EAD 04/01/03
AP 04/02/03
I485 RD: 01/22/03 ND: 02/10/03 FP1: 03/15 /03

RBP8260

Welcome to the group.

I am not sure why are we silently waiting? I strongly feel we all should make one BIG voice and make it heard somehow to the VSC. Its been 5 months that the VSC has stopped processing any I140 in our category.

EVERYONE, Please let us come forward with suggestions that might help us come out of this "waiting in the dark" situation.

My suggestion is: if any one knows an aggressive lawyer (mine is not)...then we all can start with a signature campaign and a strong letter to the VSC...I personally do not mind even going there and knocking on their doors.

SOme body has to be responsible enough to answer to our plight.

Thanks

Did you see the list of January approvals posted this morning by fpelz? Some of the approvals are EAC03015XXXX RD 10/10/02, exactly like mine. Is there any way to know whether these are EB1, EB2 or EB3?

Hello Everyone,

I just read in anothe rthread that our category EB1 OR has moved forward by two weeks...now VSC is processing applications received on June 25, 2002.

Has the time come to celebrate?

Let us postpone it till we can see some consistency...keep fingers crossed.
Best
Eagerly Waiting

my eagerlywaiting friend, lets celebrate when we all receive our approvals. I am very suspicious now about how this bcis works.

my friends were telling me the eb1-or application is 10 pounds of documents an average and might scare some of the agents. other categories probably have less paper-work to go thru.