VSC - I-140 Processing (My analogy)

kkulkar

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

This was what VSC is doing (I think!!) while processing I-140 Cases.

For Concurrent (I-140 and i-485 mailed together) and CP guys, VSC is taking Notice data as a reference date. I have seen some CP guys with August and September 2002 notice date got cleared.

For applicants that have a lag of some months between I-140 and I-485 (like I-140 filed in May 2002 and I-1485 filed in September 2002), VSC is most probably taking notice date for I-140 as that of I-1485.

If you see some May 2003 guys who got cleared recently, they had filed their I-1485 in End August or September 2002.

So your I-140 processing is decided (My Analogy) on your I-485 Notice date.

Please feel free to post your observations.

Might be true!

MY 140 was filed in June 02 and 485 filed in Sep 02. Whatever their logic might be, my bad luck overrules everything. Took 3 yrs for Labor clearance; hope to get my 140 approved before the end of this year!!! It is a real pain to work in a volatile job ; a good job offer is ready, but i can take it only after 140 approval.

Hello Snowbell

Based on my theory, your I-140 should get approved very soon.
Please let me know your I-485 Notice Date.

I have seen some I-140 with I-485 Notice date of 09/11/2002 getting approved today.

Mine is EB2- CP and ND - 09/28/2002

Hope this helps

:confused: What a Joke kkulkar
There is no Pattern for INS Approvals.

See my approval pattern.

140/ 485 / EAD
----------------------
All of above RD--- 09/23/02
For all ND -- 10/02/02
FP Done -- 11/14/02
EAD Approval -- 01/03/03
140 Approval -- 05/08/03

Category ::::: EB3

What if??? :confused: :confused:

...what if I485 is not applied with I140. My company is very reluctant to apply I485 while I140 is pending...
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi,
My 140 got applied on 9th Sep 2002. No concurrent 485 since it is not company policy. Still waiting...any ideas when it might come through...please give me some hope as I'm getting very very much frustrated...my pay package was reduced to 55% of what it was during 02...

Thanks
Amitava. :( :( :(

still waiting...

My I-140 was applied on 15 sep 2002....no concurrent filing...still waiting....EB3 category...

How it is going to work?

Hi Experts,

My I-140 RD on 07-05-2002 and my I-485 RD on 08-25-02 and I also got EAD and AP on 11-05-2002.

Here The problem is my H1 expired on 11-23-02 and I asked my employer for an extension but he didn't respond properly so I got a H1 from another company.

Now VSC sent a notice to lawyer for further evidence.I don't know exactly what they need.
Right now I don't have any project and not working for any company.

My question: Is it possible to answer the query by old company
because new company dosn't know any thing about this.

I would be appreciated if any body can help me about this.

Guys! Hang in there

Extremely sorry for not coming back earlier. I will try to answer some questions to the best of my knowledge;

winwin: I don't think it's a joke. usually all service centers are processing applications for a given day. They are processing applications for range of days. Some Officers are quick and are ahead of general range. You must have been lucky to get your case assigned to an efficient officer. I still see some cases of late August 2002 clearing even today. But important enough, you have to look at the pattern not just one case.

amitava_chatty: I talked to my lawyer on monday, and he informed me that Vermont is processing cases in August Middle- September End 2002. So that means you might be in the approval queue right now.

gsingh72: Please refer my earlier comments

vascan : Yes it is. Go to immigration.com home page and you will see the link in the "Selected Topic" window in light yellow color

cybercyber: One question to you is that lwayer is your individual choice or he works for your earlier company. Another question for you is that when you had you EAD, why you need another H1. You would have continued with the same employer (My thoughts).

Anyway, only option looks like is to consult with your attorney and may be ask Rajiv's opinion, becuase this matter looks dicey to me

The lawyer works for old company.
I got my EAD after expired my old H1.
I need my another H1 just for safe side.

Thanks.

Cybercyber

Not to disappoint you, but your case looks a bit dicey.

There is always a possibility that if your I-140 was not approved and you changed the company, then your old company can cancel the i-140 and then the whole I-485 also gets nullified.

I don't know whether your transfer from old to new company was with mutual understanding with your old. If that was the case, then you are okay.

Hence my humble opinion is first talk to your lawyer and then get a second opinion with lawyers like Rajiv or Murthy. They may charge you some money but I will say it is worth it.

Hope this helps

Guys! Hang in there ........

Thanks, kkulkar !!

Have you observed or heard any processing time deffirence between EB2 & EB3 in I-140 ??

My I-140 at Vermont - RD=Sept 10, 2002 / EB2 (not concurrent, not CP)

I have noticed some EB3 guys with about same RD, recently got approval. Does EB2 takes longer ???

Thanks !

Question

Questions to all who have gone through this stage:

1. If one is not a concurrent filer, and has not given the CP option, does the case default to AOS/I-485 AFTER the approval of I-140?

2. If one DOES give the option of CP, is it still possible that VSC commits a mistake and 'defaults' the case to AOS

Thanks,
W_S_I_D

Question

1. By rule, if you have not opted for CP, VSC would assume that follow-up route is AOS/I-485

2. It is possible that even though you had opted for CP, but VSC can incorrectly classify as AOS

But to prove your point, your lawyer should written proof of the original documentation that you had opted for CP.

Thanks much for your reply.

My company is extremely tight-lipped about GC info. I just get phone calls from HR when a stage is cleared. Sometimes I get lucky to get a date out of them :mad:

Anyway, now that my case has gone for AOS, is it possible to switch over to CP after getting my EAD?

Thanks,

W_S_I_D

W_S_I_D

There is a way out but that depends upon which consulate you would go to.

There is a process called as Attorney Certified I-140. Some consulates do accept this kind of cases. If you belong to Mumbai or Delhi, then they may accept these cases.

For details about how to proceed with AC-I140 cases, please visit forum CP- Immigration cases.

Hope this helps

Folks,

I am just getting ready to file for 140/485 (concurrent filing) "new kid on the block". Please answer my following queries

1. Is it better to go for consulate processing (CP) option?

2. What do they look for to approve 140 [Companies revenue, number of employees??]

3. Do I need medical exam?

4. Any other advice for the rookie is appreciated.

Good Luck to you all

-tsethi